Indiana University-South Bend Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana University-South Bend

Mateo

I think it is a great campus and it has great opportunities for academic courses, financial help, and social interactions that will make anyone pleased. I am very happy that my major is working out for me and that its one that is both fun at times and very beneficial to my future.

allison

This is my first semester here. It was a very hard transition. I would say it's extremely hard to make friends here unless you are in some sort of group or organization. Overall I only have one person class due to covid and that professor is my all time favorite. Some of my professors I have no idea what they even look like or want which has been hard. I enjoy the smaller classroom size because it is easier to communicate with your professors and to ask for help. This provides me a better education because I can ask questions and devlop more of an understanding on the knowledge I am learning. I do not know anything about the dorm life. I've been very closed off to the school this year because of Covid. I only know one building. However I am looking forward to next year to really experience what Indiana University of South Bend is all about.

I didn\'t really have a great time. I wish I could say it was great, but a lot of teachers and students were in a revolving door constantly leaving. they tried to fix the elevators in Northside while I was there but not only did they still have problems, the Library would constantly only have one elevator working at a time for five floors. Food services don\'t have enough employees to even open, much less to care. I witnessed a student steal a drink right in front of someone restocking. Don\'t use the vending machines unless you have the app/apple pay, never use coins. The card slots are messed with a lot and you will lose at least one coin for every 3 you put in. Food options were worse than my public high school in quality when it came to the main dinning. Almost everyone on campus drove, so when they left class, they just went home. If you can\'t drive as I still can\'t I highly do not recommend as theres nothing very good around. The McDonalds behind housing doesn\'t do correct orders or fresh fries, the Dairy Queen is always understaffed, and the Martins seems to only have items on the edge of going bad. Lime Scooters were amazing until the got too many parking violations and were removed. Geese are everywhere, bring an umbrella and jangle your keys. Needless to say, Im transferring.

Keon

IUSB is in general a commuter campus, it offers a lot of diversity with primarily great, caring professors. Definitely not a safe environment nor is the campus police worth mentioning.. Overall IUSB offers really low tuition rates for an undergraduate education. However, I still feel it's very hard to afford reasonably/comfortably. Financial aid here expects and encourages you to take out loans as though it's your only option. It's definitely not an entirely fun place to be. Students who are financially fit, have scholarships, or live at home in the area I encourage them to apply as tuition is "cheap". As far as living expenses plus tuition it's quite a a hassle and very unreasonable. This campus offers no life to it. It's extremely dull... it's most definitely nothing like the college experience most people aspire of. This is not the place to be if you want to have the "best 4 years of your life".

Miriam

Overall IUSB is terrible, they screwed me over. The advisers are stupid and told me to take the wrong classes, so that I am now behind. I am not the only student that they have done this to. They require incredibly specific classes for your "electives" which are not really electives, but instead requirements. You are not able to take electives which interest you only the ones they map out for you. Overall I may leave IUSB, because they screwed me, plus the campus always smells like rotten eggs.

Genesis

The business school is at a competitive level with Notre Dame due to its AASCB accreditation. However, the arts school needs improvement. It needs a departmental reorganization in order to better serve students with more opportunities to have client based projects for course credit.

I find it to be great. I enjoy the freedom and how close all the buildings are to each other. The staff is friendly, the teachers I have are very helpful. I find that I learn a lot from them. I drive to school and there is many spots to park which is great.

Jazzmine

It is very diverse, people are free to be who they want without being shamed for it. I feel that there is a lot to offer on campus, but many individuals do not take advantage. There is not much student involvement in activities and our student section at sporting events could use some help.

Nia

I like, for it is small but happening. I have been to two other universities before coming to Indiana University south bend, and I think this one is my favorite. The teachers are welcoming and often available; the small class sizes help with that. I love IUSB.

Charissa

It has the major I want to get. The campus housing is nice, but the neighborhood and weather are not so nice. The campus housing is apartment buildings. Most students share their "apartment" with three other people, but each person has their own lockable bedroom.

Maddie

I love my professors and the class sizes. Its small and personable and the professors really take the time to get to know you personally. They're really there to help you in anyway they can and I appreciate it so much. I love how easy it is to get to everything and everyone there is fantastic.

Kennedy

This school is perfect for people who like small campuses. The atmosphere on spirit week and other opportunities that we have is amazing and every one feels safe. There are a lot of sources that you can use to get help. All of the professors offer office hours and there are sources like the writers room that can be found in the library.

Rebecca

It is a very beautiful campus that is small enough to travel from one end of campus to the other in only 5-10 minutes. The professors all seem to really care and are always will to help when asked. However, the advising that some of them do is not always helpful to you or your pocket. Also, there a very minimal scholarships available for lower middle class students.

Klara

I have not been at IUSB for long, but I can already tell how awesome this college is. For transfer students or incoming freshman they have plenty of resource center you can go to to get help. Everyone is very nice, which is sometimes surprising. Whenever people struggle with school work or anything else their professor and other staff is always there and available to listen and try figure something out. I know because many of my friends praised how understanding their teachers can be if they're dealing with some drama from home. I'm definitely satisfied with my choice of college.

Austin

This small campus is a perfect fit for any undergrad, international, or grad student. The class rooms are perfect for those intimate interactions that make education that much more beneficial, and the faculty are top-notch. Proximity to groceries, housing, and driving distance to the busier parts of the city.

Benjamin

Overall, I really like Indiana University-South Bend because it offers the academic challenge, opportunity, and benefits of a large scale campus, but costs. Professors are always available and there are plenty of options for things students can do outside of class.

Alexandra

I'm so excited to start here in the fall. There is a very nice family feel. Everyone is so friendly and inviting. The smaller class sizes are perfect for better relationships with professors and fellow students. Staff is very well informed, concerned with student safety, and seems genuinely interested in the well being in all their students.

Makenzie

My school provides a nice campus and encourages students to participate in extra curriculum. My school longs for students to take their education into their own hands. Some students take this and some just blame the school if they are not learning. I pay so I take control of my own learning.

IUSB is a overall good school. There's just not much to do on the campus life and if there are events going on, they are most likely boring or no one shows up. Poor school spirit. The staff on the other hands really do care about you and want you to succeed.

Precious-Gold

Indiana university south bend is a not so big campus which is good because the students can relate to each other better and communicate as a big family. The class sizes are well considered a maximum of 30 per some classes and a max of 130 in the lecture halls and this helps a lot of students to feel more free with the teacher and ask questions better without considering the class size. Also, the social events at IUSB are fun, entertaining and a lot of people tend to communicate better during events. I think IUSB is a very good school whereby as for me been a student of color I still fit in properly without feeling discriminated or neglected by the school as a community. The cost of attending IUSB is low compared to other IU campuses.

Kevin

The School is a very nice place. Its a shame that most of the students commute, there is a lot of events on campus, but the turn out is always low because there is nobody there. The campus is beautiful, particularly in the fall. The campus food is very good, surprisingly, but again, not many people stay on campus so it goes unheard of.

Erica

It is a safe and resourceful campus that has plenty of open spaces to work on homework. There are a lot of professors who are willing to help you if you ask for it. The food is generally good in quality, as well as the variety of what is offered. The housing is great because it's like living in a small apartment (because students get their own room.)