New Albany, IN
Indiana University-Southeast

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-Southeast

Joe

Going to IUS was the best decision I've made. The small class sizes, welcoming students, helpful staff, knowledgeable and available professors all make coming here worthwhile. I don't dread going to class every day, I look forward to it! The campus is always clean and I feel safe on campus.

Autumn

Overall this is a good school for this area. We are not a main campus university therefore we have many community members and adult students. But we have a variety of degrees and academics are as challanging as you make them. We are a lot less expensive than most colleges and have small class sizes with professors that really do care.

Morgan

I love the Indiana University-Southeast campus, classes and my professors. I am a freshmen in my second semester at this campus. The professors I have had are helpful and care that you get a good grade in their course. The campus is beautiful and the facilities that are offered are very nice. I love to go to the library in between and after my classes to study and print things off for my classes. I would really recommend people to attend this campus!

Eve

Overall, the best parts of Indiana University- Southeast are the dorms, and the outreach programs for local high schools. The dorms are top-notch and pretty brand new, while high school students are given opportunities through their school newspapers and yearbooks.

Michal

I love my university! Although I am a Louisville resident I am part of the reciprocity program so I receive in-state tuition prices, which is great! I love that even though it is a four year university, the campus is small and the prices are lower than other universities in my area. During my first semester of college I attended the University of Louisville, and there were about 200 people in my history class. How can a professor possibly get to know and help 200 students in one class? The history class I took this past semester had a total of 23 students and the professor was incredibly helpful and passionate, meeting with me on several occasions to discuss grades and assignments. I have officially been converted to a Hoosier and I can't say I regret it!

Felicia

Love the campus and the professors. The housing is amazing on campus including a kitchen, like an apartment. The professors in the art department are outstanding. They are very helpful and encouraging. Lots of resources in each class so that I do not have to go out and buy a whole lot of supplies for class projects. Love my school.

CANDACE

Dont give up and give it all you got. Most set backs in my life have been from 18 years old to now. Its easy to give up and not reach out for support when needed.

The availabilty of online classes. Working full time it would be nice to take atleast one online class a semester. IUS offers online but not always what you need.

I brag most about the staff’s willingness to help you succeed. My advisor I would consider almost a friend, my professors my peers. Everyone is so supportive of each other. It makes such a big difference having small class sizes. We know and support each other. I couldn’t of made it as far as I am now without all the awesome staff and my peers.

Austin

A small, close to home adventure that makes me feel like I am doing great things with my life and can do anything I set my mind to.

I had a really bad case of "senior-itous" in the begining of the year. I really slacked not really worried about what I did, and absolutley knew I was going to graduate, which I did. I was in the process of joining the U.S Army, I was really active, and I loved attending my martial arts classes. After looking back, I know without a doubt in my mind I could have earned a 4.0 GPA, not just the senior year but throughout high school. That reaction really pulled myself together and forged how I look at my life now and what education means know. If I could give myself advice, I would have told me to pull myself together because you need a higher GPA. I came out with a 2.8 but looking back, I could have done so much more! The college life is a new start, and I plan on making this my most successful part in my life.

I really do not have a lot to complain about; however, the scarce parking availibility is pretty frustrating.

Abrielle

IUS is a quiet and down to earth school.

IUS is a quiet and down to earth school.

Don't pay attention to what other people think you should do. Don't take other people's word as the end all be all. You know yourself better than anyone else and you should chase what it is you want in life. You will be the one that has to live with the choices made. Don't let money or prestige dictate what you do. There is a lot to be said about being happy in life. That is what you should chase after, your happiness. While it is okay if you don't know exactly what you want to do I don't reccommend changing your major to something else you're unsure of. If your passion doesn't completely change then try to stick with just one thing. It'll cause less debt accumulation and less time spent in school. If you vhange your mind later down the road, once you have recieved a degree, then you can go back for a breif period of time and do something that you know you want to. Good luck!

If you're a person that knows exactly what you plan to do as a career IUS may be right for you.

Kayli

Indiana University Southeast is built for a specific kind of college student.

Indiana University Southeast is built for a specific kind of college student.

As a senior, you're going to want to be lazy in class; senioritis has set in fully and you're ready to leave for college. Trust me, I get it, but you have to keep your grades up. Even though you wish you took easy classes, be thankful for the AP classes you're in, they're going to save you some money in the long run! Right now your course load feels heavy because of all of the activities you have going on at school and work, but it has nothing on what you will be taking on in college! You will be entering a whole new ball game, filled with a lot of flash cards and a lot of coffee. I know this comes as a surprise since you didn't drink much outside of a creamy sugary Starbucks drink in high school, but you are going to LOVE coffee in college. The caffeine is going to be your savior, and as scary as this sounds, you will start to feel rested if you're able to get 3 hours of sleep. It gets tough at some points but the ride is well worth it, kid.

It was a small school so it was easy to get to know the people in your classes and on the campus in general. Other than that it was not a very enjoyable school to attend, honestly.

Indiana University-Southeast administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.