New Albany, IN
Indiana University-Southeast

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-Southeast

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to look outside the box and consider all of my options when choosing a college. I would have thought more seriously about my finances and degree program. I would have liked to have more knowledge of what college is actually like, and maybe then I would have put myself out there more. I should have looked more at my options, and budgeted a four year plan. The transition isn't as hard if you are properly prepared socially, financially, and academically.

Someone who is shy, lives at home, likes small class sizes.

Someone who is interested in partying, career focused, or an accelerated degree program.

Caleb

My university is best known for being the cheaper alternative to going to an Indiana University university branch. The education, nursing, and business programs are quite extensive and taught by many of the same teachers and along the same rubrics as at the larger universities. Many big corporations in this area look towards this university to get the brightest, up and coming students that were about to enter the work force with their respective degrees.

I would tell the high school senior me to take the early classes of each course more serious to get a jumpstart on the classes. Most students just lounged around as new freshman at Indiana University-Southeast which made many to fall behind quickly. The courses are quite hard to catch up with once you have fallen behind, so new freshman should take every class from the very first one quite seriously and do all homework assignments. Even the small assignments have points that can be earned, and might be quite important come finals time. Most teachers do not give extra credit for people to catch up later in the semester, so you must start off the course with the right work ethic.

The part of Indiana University-Southeast that is the worst is the traffic that can occur trying to get to the university. The two interstates that are taken to get to the college, have accidents on a weekly basis that make it tricky at times to get to your classes on time. Hopefully after the construction is finished on the roads, it will help to decrease the amount of wrecks that happen near the university.

Mary

It all depends on the class. General education classes were quiet. My classes for my major are normally more lively. Like asking questions, and discussing in class.

I would tell myself that I better prepare for a whole lot of changes to come my way. That I'm going to need to be alot tougher and not let my roommates walk all over me. While I do meet some nice people by doing volleyball, the coaching experiance is going to be similar to that from high school and that it's ok to quit it finally dispite an overpowering mother. I would tell myself not to try and be like everyone else, because I wasn't meant to be. Or try to hide my weird quirks, because I was meant to stand out, not to hide.

The best thing is the size we have here. It's big enough that you get a college experiance, but you still get the one on one time.

It's a every welcoming school to anybody.

It's a every welcoming school to anybody.

The advice I would give myself, would be to pay close attention to the facutly members that you will be mostly involved with throughout your college years. This will help you decide whether or not the program or school is for you.

Not enough parking for students who live off campus.

Mary

Grenadiers which is sports, I don't get into sports so I just know this is on their from page on website. They have a great business program which is well respected here in Indiana and Kentucky. I have learned so much this term since I have started. They have an accounting club which has speakers that really help students learn whats available for students. They have companies come to talk about externships, communication, and marketing.

Don't wait to attend college. It only prolongs your future. The first thing you need in life is a career and college is the only way to achieve this. Get a four year degree, two year degree just gets you buy. Do your best and don't let anybody or anything get in your way of acheiving your dream. You will regret it in the future if you quit and give up. Don't prolong going to college because your not ready or you want to settle down with that special someone. Your career is your future of making that perfect relationship last. Stay focused and keep yourself motivated on school, put it first in your life. Everything else will come in time. Join clubs and get to know your fellow students. You will be relying on them soon to accomplish group projects. Have fun while you learn, it makes it more fullfilling. Most of all, don't give up. You can make it, I promise.

They are in a great location, close to resturants but out of the city. They are right off the freeway. They have small classroom sizes and the teachers are very caring and understanding. Overall, it has everything you need to succeed.

I come to this conclusion very easily. I am only seventeen year old and half way through my first semester of college. I have no finacially help except from myself. If i could go back in time I would tell myself to apply for schoalrships more quickly. It is very difficult attending college in fear that I will not have enough money for my next payment and get kicked out of college in return.

The worest thing about my school is the demand for money that i simply do not have and do not any way of getting

The must frustrating thing about my school is the financing. I simply cannot afford it much longer by myself.

Justin

If I had to describe my school in one sentence it would be that it has resonable class sizes and it is open to both traditional and non-traditional students.

I have gotten the beginnings of a valuable degree from my school and it has been valuable to attend because it will help me get a good job when I graduate.

I don't consider anything to be the worst thing about my school.

Rebeka

Upon my high school graduation, I took the year off to work and save for college. Due to my financial situation and choice of degree, my mom encouraged me to at least check out the IU extension in New Albany. I was prejudiced against this idea, but at the summer's close, I visited IUS and subsequently fell in love with the atmosphere and community. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had no idea an extension would provide such a quality education. I have not once looked back in regret. College has been everything I hoped for. If I were to go back in time, it would only be to dispose of my previous prejudice. My prejudice had no grounding in facts. It was based in ignorance alone. If I only would've known how dreadfully wrong I was, I could have been saved a heap of stress and unsurety. Since attending IUS, I have formed lifetime attachments with friends and professors, matured mentally and physically, honed my time-managing skills, and dared to pursue my childhood dreams of becoming an artist.

Before I visited IUS, I was prejudiced against going to an extension of IU Bloomington. If I was going to pursue a liberal arts degree, I wanted to go to the main branch. I thought they'd surely have the BEST available education. However, when I visited the campus, I found I was inexcusably wrong. I wish I would have known the quality of the education up front. I love all of my educators. The IUS social community is small, but diverse and open to new ideas. My friends and educators continually push me to pursue my dreams of artistry.

The beauty of IUS, is the fact that it is small, but diverse. They have classes available to working parents, commuting students, and students living on-campus. The quality of the education is high, yet the tuition remains low enough to keep students from acquiring an abundance of debt. This combination increases the school's desirability. In addition to this, they strongly encourage study abroad programs and it's not unusual to have several students from other countries in the same classroom. This semester, some of my fellow students and friends/acquaintances are from Africa, France, Japan, Brasil, and Mexico.

Dillon

The school is best known for either it's pre-med degree programs or it's buisness progam. The buisness program at IUS is rated 9th in the nation by Buisnessweek magazine.

If it were probable to travel back in time, I would find myself back in 2008 and have a nice chat with him. After picking my past self's jaw up from the floor and convincing him that getting the lottery numbers from the future was not worth it, I would procced to explain to him what college life is like. I would inform him that it is much different than high school as the class sizes are smaller, people are more intellegent, and professors are more willing to help you than teachers in high school are. He would also be told that college courses are more rigorous and time intensive than high school classes. They will also require more effort from him than high school classes. Other than what was previously mention there is no real hassel in making the transition from high school to college. He would then ask if I had messed with the time line, to which I would respond " At one point, I had to save the lizard people from super zombie raptor lazer Jesus." And he would look at me with glee filled eyes as I left for my own time.

The worst thing about my school would have to be either the lack of my major as a degree (physics) or the lack of parking. However, the degree is suppose to be offered within the next 1-2 years.

Randa

My school is friendly and gives me many opportunities.

My school is friendly and gives me many opportunities.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school student I would say many things. I would want to tell myself to care more and to not wish the years away. I would wish that I would volunteer more and get more involved earlier when it really counted. Study harder than you really think you need to because one day that grade will matter! Put your best foot forward and live life to the fullest because youll never get thoes days back. I would tell myself that when choosing schools only think of yourself... not your parents, boyfriend, or friends. In that one instance be selfish and decided what will be best for you! Never have regrets that you will look back on and wish you could change.

I enjoy my school because it is large enough so I have many opportunities, but at the same time it is small so I am not considered a number. My campus is friendly and I feel like I fit in.

Indiana University-Southeast administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.