New Albany, IN
Indiana University-Southeast

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-Southeast

IUS is a fun, challaging, quite campus.

IUS is a fun, challaging, quite campus.

I would have been more focused on choosing the right college and picking out my major and classes I needed to take much early and more seriously than I did. I also would have told myself to take on more classes than i did.

poor advising to help choose the right career path and courses.

Steven

Indiana University Southeast is a small school that is designed to give you that "at home" feeling. The campus life is very active with events occurring every night through the week. Also, the class sizes are small, generally 30 students or less, make learning easier by giving students a better chance to interact with the teachers and get to know them on a personal basis.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to not be as nervous or scared as I was about the transition to college. The main reason I would say this is because after you get used to the college life, it is not a huge difference. I needed to get used to being out on my own and doing things such as buying books and paying for tuition on my own, but it was never anything to be nervous about. Also, because my classes are not any bigger than the classes I had in high school, it was not harder to get used to the classes that I am currently taking. I would tell myself to think of it as an extended vacation from home, because I needed to make friends all over again and get used to the new scenery. You come to realize that you need to do that with any new place you go, and that is just the way life is.

If there was one thing I wish I would have known before coming to this school, it would have to be the system by which we communicate with our teachers online. The system is called OnCourse, and it took some time to get used to the layout and how to use it. However, after a few weeks of using the system, it became easier to understand. Even though it was quite confusing in the beginning, it proves to be a very useful tool for all needs concerning your grades.

Dory

That it would have been better to go on to college than wait all this time. It would have been so much easier to go straight from high school and in to college, due to having every thing fresh in my mind an not the years gap that I have now. I would not have had to go back and take refresher courses to remind me of what I had forgotten. This is what I would have told myself back then.

Joshua

I would have told myself to study harder and earn good grades. If I would have had a higher GPA in high school I would have been awarded a full tuition scholarship to Indiana University Bloomington. I should have graduated two years ago with no student loans to pay if only I would have had a GPA that was 0.1 higher than what I had when I graduated.

I am able to work full-time and attend classes.

Kathryn

If I could give myself advice with what I know now, I would have myself study more in high school. I suffered coming to college and not knowing how difficult the course load would be throughout college. I have quickly adjusted and slowly doing better than when I started. I never learned this in high school very well and would tell myself this if I could give myself advice.

Deann

Classmates turn into life long friends who are dependable, confident, trustworthy, and true.

IUS is best known for its small classes and hometown feel. It is also known for its Education, Nursing, & Business programs.

Looking back now I would have to tell myself to trust my instincts and to challenge myself. I would remind myself to be adventurous and curious. Living with family at home will save money, but the experience of being away makes you realize how much you have at home and you respect it so much more. Stepping into the field of Nursing is a great choice and to continue that dream/path. It is okay to change your mind, but always finish what you have started. It will be the best choice in the end. Never procrastinate and always stay on top of everything. You never know when something will come up and you won?t have time. Always live life to its fullest and take every opportunity as a way of bettering yourself for the future.

Shalynda

I think it is best known for the friendly staff and students. Everyone is willing to help each other out, creating a positive and pleasant environment.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself that going to college isn't about how far away from home you can get. This is usually overlooked by many seniors who are looking forward to "getting away" or simply being on their own. As I was looking at a few college choices, I ended up choosing one that is less than thirty minutes away from my house. I would tell myself that this is ultimately the best school for me. I would also advise myself to get involved on campus as soon as I could, because as a sophomore now I am just starting to join organizations. This makes the college experience all the more worthwhile. It allows you to stay connected with your fellow students on campus and to have some fun during the times you aren't studying or in class. The last thing I would consider telling myself is to not sweat the small things. The transition to college life was not as hard as it was made out to be. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help with anything you may need.

I love the quality of education I recieve at this school. The professors are always willing to help and are fair with the courses I have taken so far. Another thing I like about the school is the campus involvement. Not only have I joined a sorority, but I am also in the Student Program Council. There are various events that students campus wide can attend.

Steve

IU Southeast is a small university setting that offers small class sizes and a good education at an affordable price.

Go to college. Find something that catches your interest and follow it. Do not assume the models presented by those in your family or your community are the only valid paths for your future. Go to college. Explore.

I wish I had known that IUS did not participate in the "Teacher Grant" program

My school is known for offering a real university setting with a small, community college atmosphere. Many of the students who attend live in the surrounding counties and commute to school, not to mention they do not have the money to afford attending a major Univsersity. IUS offers studetns the University advatange while acting like a small, accessable community college. If a student wishes to live on campus, IUS has recently built wonderful, new dorms.

The advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time is: you made the right choice to take a break from school after High School. You traveled all over the world, you lived on your own, you held a full time job and paid for your own bills. Your assumptions that you had to experience real life to appreciate school were absolutely correct. If you had gone straight into school, you would have become bored, restless and wondered what was out there that you were missing. Now that you have explored everything possible you can at your age, my current self is very hyped and eager to attend school; there isn't a day that doesn't go by when I am happy to attend class. Only this time around, don't live in the dorm, that was a waste of money.

The kind of student who shouldn't attend IUS is the kind looking for a 'massive university' feel. What I mean by that is the University setting where 75%+ of the students live on campus and come from over 100 miles away to attend. We are more of a commuter school and there seems to be a lack in constant campus life. If you are looking for the kind of school you see in the movies this place is not it.

Mary

The school is best known for being a commuting school that offers an Indiana University degree. The tuition is cheaper and gives the opportunity to earn a highly respected degree to people who might now otherwise be able to afford it.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to spend less time worrying about money for college and more time researching different career fields. While money is important, finding the career path that is right for you is more important in the grand scheme of life. So many high schools focus on grades and test scores, it seems they lose sight of helping students find their individual passions. College is a great place to learn about yourself and find your passion, but its never too early to start discovering yourself.

The best thing about Indiana University Southeast is the small class sizes. It allows for students to feel comfortable and receive more individual attention from professors. It also aids in the formation of long-term friendships.

Indiana University-Southeast administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.