New Albany, IN
Indiana University-Southeast

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-Southeast

I would talk to myself and suggest that I work with my school advisors and my parents to learn time managment skills and study skills. To attend college is quite different from high school since there isn't anyone to remind you of assignments, due dates, or requirements. To be able to use a calendar or reminders through the school network is a must. I would suggest writing notes for reminders of deadlines and such in more than one area so that I am reminded at different times. I also would suggest to make notes on flash cards to carry with me at all times so that I will always have something to study during down time. I would want to learn to manage my time so that I can have relaxation time as well and help not to be stressed out. A stress management routine such as meditation can also be useful to learn before stressful situations begin. Also, don't forget to set an excersise routine and have it in place so that it can become a good habit. Most important is to listen and learn from ohers with more experience. Learn from others successes and failures.

The worst thing about my attending IU Southeast is the distance from home. It's only a two hour drive, but that becomes a long drive when I like to go home on the weekends. I get home sick and want to spend more time with my family, but I have to wait for the weekend since it's a four hour drive both ways. I try to drive during daylight hours and this limits my time at home.

Someone who is not mature enough to manage their time and set goal to achieve shouldn't attend this school. There are many classes to choose from and you need to be able to manage your time to be able to maximize the most from the diverse choices.

My school has an awesome student center with video games, a coffee shop, pool tables, lounge areas, and a bookstore.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have to give myself a lot of advice about college life. In high school you always here teachers saying they are trying to prepare you for college, when really college is a whole another ball park than high school. If I created a number line and had to specify where high school and college would be on this line, thy wouldn't even be close. High school would be a one and college would be a ten. When you're assigned a research paper in high school it may only be two pages, whereas in college they're more like a ten page paper. However, they make it even more difficult by only allowing you to use scholarly resources, no more google or wikipedia. The most important advice, however isn't that there will be more difficult work, but the fact that you're on your own. Your instructors aren't going to baby you like your high school teachers did. They aren't going to remind you when assignments are due. It's up to you to manage your time.

The most frustarting thing about my school would have to be that there isn't enough parking available. This year they had to rope off a grass area so students would have additional parking.

Chelsea

The worst thing about my school is how hard it is to get involved when you don't live on campus. I wish there were more opportunities.

I tell them that the classes I take are very interesting and I love having small class sizes. Also, it is a huge advantage that our diplomas will say Indiana University instead of Indiana University Southeast. I think that employers will be more drawn to resumes that have bigger school names. We still got a great IU education except closer to home and less expensive.

I would definitely give myself a pep talk about campus activities. I know now that it is hard to get involved when you don't live on campus. I wish I would've made myself look for more opportunities and to put myself out there more as a freshmen. I have friends from high school that attend the same college as I do and I relied on them a lot the first year. I would've told myself to try to make new friends because after all, you can never had enough friends.

Indiana University-Southeast administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.