Indiana University-Southeast Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana University-Southeast

Eve

Overall, the best parts of Indiana University- Southeast are the dorms, and the outreach programs for local high schools. The dorms are top-notch and pretty brand new, while high school students are given opportunities through their school newspapers and yearbooks.

Michal

I love my university! Although I am a Louisville resident I am part of the reciprocity program so I receive in-state tuition prices, which is great! I love that even though it is a four year university, the campus is small and the prices are lower than other universities in my area. During my first semester of college I attended the University of Louisville, and there were about 200 people in my history class. How can a professor possibly get to know and help 200 students in one class? The history class I took this past semester had a total of 23 students and the professor was incredibly helpful and passionate, meeting with me on several occasions to discuss grades and assignments. I have officially been converted to a Hoosier and I can't say I regret it!

I absolutely love it. The environment is very relaxed, I haven’t met anyone who was rude to me, the professors actually care about their students, and everyone is super friendly and helpful. The only downside is that it’s kind of hard for commuter students like me to make friends because we’re not around to participate in campus events most of the time.

Sara

It is a fairly typically average school. Class sizes are a small size, but not too small. Professors are decent. Students travel from many different places everyday, so there is a variety of cultures. People are friendly for the most part. Overall, I would recommend this school. It is also affordable.

Indiana University Southeast is such an amazing place to be. The staff and professors are so friendly and so helpful. Students have work ethic, kind, and just overall great people to be around. There are no more than 40 people in any class, including general ed. classes! Cookies and lemonade are a staple at IUS and it's the best. The lodge style on-campus housing is cozy and beneficial: close to campus, computer labs, printers, and FREE laundry access! The campus is small, meaning it's super easy to navigate your classes. With over 120 student organizations on campus, you're sure to find something you love.

Alexis

IUS is an amazing school with so many opportunities for anyone who would like to attend. The class size is ideal. The campus housing is brand new and spacious living quarters. The professors are always available and super helpful if needed. The campus is beautiful. The squirrels are super entertaining and friendly. The lake at the back of the campus is a wonderful spot to study in between classes.

Morgan

I love the Indiana University-Southeast campus, classes and my professors. I am a freshmen in my second semester at this campus. The professors I have had are helpful and care that you get a good grade in their course. The campus is beautiful and the facilities that are offered are very nice. I love to go to the library in between and after my classes to study and print things off for my classes. I would really recommend people to attend this campus!

Joe

Going to IUS was the best decision I've made. The small class sizes, welcoming students, helpful staff, knowledgeable and available professors all make coming here worthwhile. I don't dread going to class every day, I look forward to it! The campus is always clean and I feel safe on campus.

Autumn

Overall this is a good school for this area. We are not a main campus university therefore we have many community members and adult students. But we have a variety of degrees and academics are as challanging as you make them. We are a lot less expensive than most colleges and have small class sizes with professors that really do care.

Alicia

I think that Indiana University-Southeast is a good choice for students who live in my area looking to major in business, nursing, or education. Any other major really isn't offered. There are a few elective classes that spark my interest, but not a lot. I love the smaller class sizes and the fact that my professors are almost always available to me if I need assistance with and assignment or presentation. Our campus is commuter so there is not a whole lot that draws me to stay on campus before or after class. I tried a couple of different groups and none stuck for me either, there just isn't a great campus community the way there would be with everyone living on campus. There are a lot of non-traditional students who have families and are going back to school to get a degree so it's definitely a different atmosphere. Overall I enjoy going to Indiana University-Southeast, but I think if I had to make the choice over again, I might have gone somewhere else.

Felicia

Love the campus and the professors. The housing is amazing on campus including a kitchen, like an apartment. The professors in the art department are outstanding. They are very helpful and encouraging. Lots of resources in each class so that I do not have to go out and buy a whole lot of supplies for class projects. Love my school.

Cory

I love my school. Everyone is friendly and willing to give you a hand if you ever need assistance. The campus is huge and so is their Library! The are no excuses when it comes to learning at this institution! It is by far one of the top schools in the state to excel from. Thank You IUS for giving me a Home Away From Home!

Gillian

IUS is a beautiful campus that encourages each student to apply themselves to their fullest potential. There is a variety of assistance offered for struggling students and many clubs/ sporting events open to students. I hope at some point they make more animal sciences available for students interested in this particular field. Overall, great campus, staff, housing, prices, etc. I would highly recommend this college to students interested in a major they have.

Byron

It is a pretty good school. However, where it has its positives there are some negatives. The class sizes are very small since it's a pretty small school, the area is great since it's right outside of Louisville, Ky. The main drawback that I have found is the fact that it is really a commuter school. Many students come in the morning and leave in the evening but do not live on campus. There are many students that do live on campus and from what I have seen the housing is very nice but most students there do live off of campus and commute.

Heavenly

Indiana University Southeast is amazing! The people there is what makes the campus thrive. You never meet a stranger over there because everyone is always so kind and ready to help you in a heartbeat. For an example, my second week of college, my mother passed away, sadly. I missed about a week of college, and my Psychology Professor actually came to my mom's funeral and supported me! She only knew me for 2 weeks but drove quite a distance just to be there for me. The professors at the university has an unique golden heart. What caught my attention to the university at first was their beautiful campus. Many trees, a lot of geese, and a beautiful lake. The housing (I don't reside in) is also set up very well. At the University, their food is spectacular. They have many options to choose from, whether you decide to eat in the Commons, Papa Johns, or Subway in the library, you won't ever go hungry! The Coffee Shop is located right down the hallway from the commons and they have the best smoothie that you can take to class!

Autumn

It is a greats small School. There is many opportunities for you and you can do anything You set your mind to. It’s got everything, good food, good professionals, great clubs to join . There is politics and science and math and chess and even tennis. There is a free gym as well That you have access too.

Alexandra

I transferred to IUS, and it was a decision I wish I'd made sooner. My art teachers are likable and intelligent. They genuinely care about you, and they are funny and relatable in many ways. My work has progressed at an incredible rate. I used to have mediocre work, and an immature outlook on life, but today I carry a more professional mindset, and my work has improved from both practice and realizing self through creation. I originally was a student at the Purdue center in New Albany, on Charlestown Rd. Being more of an engineering school, even these requirements affected the Graphic Design degree I was concentrating in. It was different, more computer based in a way that didn't appeal to my senses, and didn't inspire progress. I found I didn't want to use printer paper to draw a stack of boxes, or a bench or tree outside the building. I wanted to learn color theory, recreate objects and people from life, and to understand myself better as a person. IUS is very successful, in my opinion, as an art school. I now understand color theory, value scale, how to shade properly on contours, oil paint, draw with different mediums, and have encouraged myself to think deeply about the past, soul, and my presence in this world. The art advisors are also very caring, kind individuals who will work with you to sign up for classes and realize the best concentration(s) for you.

Rodjanae

This school is great , I really enjoy this environment.