Troy, MI
International Academy of Design and Technology-Troy

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend International Academy of Design and Technology-Troy

Kenyetta

They are different but they hold a lot of knowledge so I am always learning from them.

I would tell myself to simply work harder, stay focus, and do not look back. Also that I should grab life by the horns and enjoy life because I'm stilling finding out who I and what I want to be.

Someone who does not work well with others, as a bad attuide, and does not like group projects.

Christina

As a High School senior, I didn't prepare for college. If I could go back and tell myself a thing or two, I would tell myself to apply to as many schools as I could. Not applying to other schools left me the only option of going to a community college. Secondly I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could. The expenses of college are only going to get higher and it is always nice to have some help. The most important piece of information that I wish I would have done would be to talk to counselors at my high school and college about what classes to take and what programs will be right for my degree and major. With so many classes out there to choose from (and not knowing what half of them are about) it gets to be confusing as to which classes to take in order to stay on track. It's not a bad thing to ask for help. That is what the counselors are there for. If I had known then, what I know now about college, who knows where I would be studying, living and growing.

Carman

My classmates are passionate & hard working students who seek similar goals as I.

It's know for fashion, graphic, animation, & game designing.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take every college and scholarship opportunity that my counselors mentioned. I would also tell them to not only go to the counselor for information, but to find information at home instead of napping all day. Most importantly, to focus on school work and homework more than goofing off and playing with friends. It's okay to be happy about being a senior and enjoying your last year of high school, however you should do what you need to do in order to do what you want to do. I've learned that the hard way and I realize that I have to finish the hard stuff to get to the easy stuff.

Ashlie

I happen to be very fortunate to know exactly what career path I want to take. I have known this since I was just a little girl. Unfortunately It took a few years until I was able to attend a school where I could begin the journey toward fulfilling my dream to become a fashion designer. Since starting at IADT in July of 2009 I have learned a lot about myself; I have pushed myself beyond what I ever thought was possible, I have overcome many of my fears, I have been inspired almost daily and hopefully been able to inspire others as well. I am proud to be able to say for the first time in my life that I’m a good student! On top of all that, I now have the confidence to compete in the world that I am most passionate about.

In my opinion the best thing about the International Academy of Design and Technology is that they are nationally accredited and after graduating from this school you can go back and take any class in your field of study again for free. This is great especially for the portfolio building classes. Another thing I think is great at this school is that you can get a free tutor for any class.

The International Academy of Design and Technology is primarily a design school so don't attend if you are not interested in an Artistic field. Also the school goes year round there is not a summer break. The terms are 10 weeks long so all classes are very fast paced. Between every term you will get one full week off. This type of schedule may not work for all students.

Danielle

My school is an artistic and creative design school. There is Interior design (the program I am in), fashion design, graphic design, and construction management programs. The teachers are profesionals in the field that teach you real life scenerios, dead lines, and critiques. This school defintely prepares the students for their career choices.

My school is know for artistic and creative design.

I would give my younger self a wealth of advice. Starting highschool is huge, it's important it begins the day of the possible career choices you will have to choice from. It gets harder when you grew up and realize that missing 4 important years of your life that all you had to do was read, study, go to school, and hang with friends. You can do all four and still have more opportunities for yourself. Stay with it, it's only 4 years and you learn so much in high school. Focus and prepare yourself for the real world it's harder trying to past without experience. You don't go to school, you don't get much for career choices there are people anxious and ambitious out there wanting to be the smarter man or women, to make more money, and have you working for them. Taking the GED proves you are capable of studying and retaining information but it's not the same as real life interaction with others who are learning with you and the life lessons you miss out on by your teachers and peers. There are so many advantages you get in highschool.

their fashion design courses

their fashion design courses

I would tell my self to listen to my art teacher, and do more hands on art projects. As I attend this school, I'm seeing that I have had a background in it already. I am learning the next step of what i already know. If i would have done more independant projects in my art classes I believe that I would know more 'tricks' on some of my progects. I mean trick by things that i could do to make my project stand out from others. I would have told myself to do more art work, save more money and apreciate the time you have at home with your friends. Now that I'm gone I cant see them as much, besides holidays. If i would have saved more money I wouldn't have to pay so much back. And i believe that if i would have done more art projects, I would be more equiped than the other students.

that im in fashion shows and making clothes that i wear

Jocelyn

It's unique because it focuses a lot more on the specific career you're going into. It's a design school and a very hands on type of learning. It also has the core academic classes needed for a well rounded degree, but they let you take your career related classes as soon as you want. You don't have to take all the gen-ed classes first. It's a good balance.

Well first of all, I would redo highschool all over again, academically. I wouldn't have waited six years to go to college, either. I probably would have moved to Chicage or New York and applied to the Fashion Design school there, had I known of them. I feel like I am paying a lot of money for an experience that isn't half as exciting as I could have had at another college. I almost feel as though many students here aren't as educated as they should be in order to attend college. Sometimes I feel I'm being held back by learning and going over things I've known for years just because others are behind. I definitely would ask more questions about the financial part of it all, and make sure I applied for more scholarships. Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have put myself in so much debt that I can't seem to swim out of for a lesser school than I could have attended.

I like how the students get along. Everyone for the most part is accepting of differences and interests. I like how laid back some of the teachers are. They are creative people as well and understand that not everyone learns the same way.

International Academy of Design and Technology-Troy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.