International Business College-Fort Wayne Top Questions

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her that even though she was a straight A, Academic Honors, and National Honor Society student, college is not at all the same thing. I went into my freshman year of college expecting to fly through it because of how easily high school came to me. The teachers are much more intense, grading system is much more difficult, and the homework is much more extensive. My high school self prefered to work alone, but she needs to change her way of thinking and work along side others to get more out of college. Although being away at college is an absolute blast and that she'll make the most amazing group of friends and everlasting memories, the academics need to come first above all else, because after all, that's why she's there! She would need to realize that letting your freshman year slide academically will be an uphill battle to get her GPA back up and end with a 3.6; she won't realize it until sophomore year when she gets back in gear!