Inver Grove Heights, MN
Inver Hills Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Inver Hills Community College

Tesa

I think the motto for this school fits it perfectly. Inver Hills Community College - The Right Direction. This is a great starting point, especially for someone like me who is indecisive toward what I want to do. I have liked the majority of the staff, teachers and counselors. I have never had any major problems. The downfall is outdated supplies and buildings, little funding and stretched out teachers. There is not much to do outside of class. It's really just a place to learn.

Cora

Inver Hills Community College is a great institution where the staff is committed to the success of their students. There are plenty of clubs and activities for students to take part in, making finding a niche quite easy for students. Professors are nice, and have plenty of office hours, including online hours for those who would need such. My two years at Inver were great and I cannot express how understanding, accommodating, and helpful everyone on campus is.

Erin

I had the opportunity to do PSEO through Inver, as well as a year after HS graduation. I have greatly enjoyed my time at this school. It's a friendly and positive environment, and many of the professors are always willing to give extra help if needed. It's not as expensive as a big university, so that helps with the financial aspect. I would recommend others to take classes at Inver.

Macie

I really love the staff and Faculty there. While their buildings and campus might not be the newest or most nice, you can tell that their professors truly care about you. They prepare you not just to take a final, but to apply what they have taught you to the real world.

Shanya

Overall, I appreciate the opportunity to be able to further my educational skills and im excited as well and i believe this college is a great fit for me and i think it will help in mapping out my future. School is very important to me because i know it will make my options for work better and just that alone will be a blessing. Honestly, life is hard and i just want to make enough money to retire by fifty and live comfortably and not have to struggle for everything. More than anything i don't wanna struggle anymore.

Christopher

So far what I`ve gotten out of it is that I don`t feel so selfconscious about myself. I have more selfesteem, knowing that I can learn and make my life better for my son and I. I am no longer embarrest about myself. I always felt I was kind of to old to go back to school, but now I know thats not true.

Zoe

My college experience has allowed gain the ability to think outside of the Box. In high school you are told which ideas are right and wrong. IT’s very cookie cutter like and boring. IN college you are given the opportunity to explore an idea and decide for yourself if the idea is considered right and wrong. You are allowed to have an opinion and defend that opinion. I find this experience very valuable because you are allowed to express who you are and what type of person you want to be seen as in society. After high school, you jump in to a pool of fish, college, and have to make yourself stand out if you want to succeed and be heard. This experience allows you to find your voice and be a part of an educated society.

Anthony

My school is known for offering a quality education at a more affordable cost than larger institutions.

My college experience not only taught me the required material that I needed to learn for my degree but it also taught me about my strengths and weaknesses. My education has been a valuable tool as I now have a better ability to create change in those areas that I would like improve on. I am better able to look outside of myself and challenge my beliefs when inconsistances arise and to be brave enough to make those changes as needed. I believe my education is the solid foundation on which I will be able to continue to build on. I have learned to stand up for myself, for the rights of others, to appreciate all of our differences and uniquenesses and those little things in life that make life more interesting, challenging and at times even more frustrating all because of my education.

That they don't offer more programs or area of studies.

Inver Hills Community College is a great school that offers two-year degrees, has a nice campus, and teachers that are willing to help you succced.

It is best known for offering two-year degrees. It is a great school for a stepping stone between high school and a university, or to get a degree in a shorter time, so one can move into employment quicker. I chose Inver Hills because I know they have a great and competitive two-year RN program.

The biggest piece of advice that I would have offered to myself would be, you don't have to go to a university right away after high school to succeed. Community college is a more cost effective option in which one can use as a stepping stone to a university or offers great two-year degree programs which can bring you into the world of employment much quicker, and you can be just as successful as those who have attended a four-year university. I would also refer to a good parallel I have come up with, without the cake, you can't enjoy the frosting. So in order to achieve your goals or dreams (for me it is to be an RN,) you must have the cake, (meaning go through all the prerequisites,) in order to enjoy the frosting (the classes that most appeal to you.)

Kelly

Inver Hills is a well rounded, diverse college that offers a wide variety of class choices, who caters to working students who want the feel of an open campus.

Start applying for scholarships and grants right away, and participate in volunteer work, and school activies which will futher help you get scholarships. When hunting for a college make sure you are selecting a college that you want and fits your best career choices, and interests. Visit colleges, talk to professors that are in the fields you are interested in, and research colleges to see what ratings they are given. Unless you get full ride to a college of your choice or are able to get enough scholarhship money to pay full tuition, it is a very good idea to take generals at a community college and then transfer. There are transfer scholarships, you want to consider the how long and the amount you might have to pay off.

The worst thing about Inver Hills is they don't offer as many night classes that fit with my transferring guide. I have specific classes that I want to take that are eligable.

Inver Hills Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.