New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

Danielle

My overall opinion of Iona College is that it was an amazing experience. Although I was a commuter, the other students always kept me involved in what was going on on campus. The professors were very hands on and helpful. It was a great environment to learn and meet new people.

Nina

Overall, Iona College has been a rather joyful experience for me as a freshman. It is a beautiful campus with lots of things going on, and resources for students if you really need. There are always people available to help you, including professors and staff members who are always very helpful no matter your issue. There are lots of clubs and organizations that appeal to lots of people and their different interests, including sports. The friends I have met in one semester alone are some of the best people I have met and I know that they will be friends for a very long time.

Victoria

There were three main qualifications I had when I was looking at colleges: I wanted strong academics that would suit my learning style, multiple opportunities to get involved on campus, and I wanted to be able to see my school as a home. When I first stepped foot onto Iona's campus, I knew I was home. Now, as a Junior at Iona, I am absolutely certain that my decision to become a Gael was the best decision I could have made for myself. The academic atmosphere of Iona is truly spectacular. Professors are available not only during office hours, but during nearly every hour of the day. I have even had professors who give their home phone numbers to students because they prefer phones to emails. There are not many institutions that can provide you with such personal attention for every student the way Iona does. With small class sizes and dedicated professors, class discussions are always engaging and entertaining. I have been able to establish strong relationships with professors which has opened doors to numerous opportunities, such as scholarships or internship interviews within my field. The residence halls at Iona College are very well kept. There is a brand new dorm which opened in August of 2016 and provides additional on-campus housing for upperclassmen students. There are also opportunities for off-campus housing, such as apartment complexes and houses, which are available to students. The meal plan at Iona is also incredibly unique. Not only does the meal plan cover the two dining halls on campus as well as the two coffee shops (including a Starbucks), but it also applies to over 20 restaurants around New Rochelle. With this meal plan, I am able to eat what I want whenever I want without breaking the bank. Additionally, this allows for the opportunity to celebrate friends' birthdays with a special dinner that you can cover on your meal card. The campus community at Iona is perhaps its greatest asset. It is the type of community where people will hold the door for you on a regular basis, or will offer to help you carry boxes from the mailroom up the stairs to your dorm. People are particularly kind on Iona's campus. If you are ever having a rough day, it will not take long for someone to reach out and help you feel better. The support provided on this campus is astonishing to say the least. There are constant events being held in order to educate people on and advocate for different groups and populations, and our motto "fight the good fight" is truly one which we live by. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else for these four wonderful years, and I only wish I could stay longer and continue learning in an environment as nurturing and supportive as this one.

Kristina

Iona College is a fantastic place to be apart of. There are six dorms on campus, East Hall being the only communal one. The people in the school are very friendly and there are lots of events planed. Always get involved because there are many activities that are hosted where you can make friendships.

Iona is Home

Iona is Home

Iona College was an excellent school. Professors were knowledgable, everyone is friendly, and there is access to any educational tool a person could need. Greek life was a major part of my experience at Iona. There is a Sorority for everyone and most of the school events are run by Greek Life and Athletics. The professors in the Psychology department were extremely knowledgable, reasonable, and engaging. My profs were always available when I needed them and were always helpful. I highly recommend Iona College!!!!

james

My classmates were an exciting and diverse group from different walks of life.

My classmates were an exciting and diverse group from different walks of life.

If I could go back in time, I would have a few choice words. I would try even harder in college. I would say ‘aim for the sky’, by expanding your expectations and experiences. Take advantage of each / every experience that crosses your path. Be even more outgoing to meet contacts and experience life on a deeper level. Look to get involved in everything that you can because all things in life lead to a never-ending window of new and exciting opportunities. Those prospects will undoubtedly shape you as an individual. Don’t close the door to anything; rather cast a broad net and look to soak in every little experience for what it’s worth. Everything that happens to you (good, bad and indifferent) is a learning experience to take full advantage of. Look at your obstacles not as something overwhelming, but as the world simply testing you. Obstacles / hardships are chances to work on the weaknesses that you need to grow / mature as a successful and well-rounded human being. Lastly, don’t stress the little things because in a few years, they won’t mean a thing. Enjoy each and every day because time flies.

The best thing about my school was the proximity. It was 7 miles from my home in the Bronx which made it very convenience for commuting purposes. The school was rigorous, yet doable. Teachers were helpful and the classrooms were small, most containing 20 kids at the max.

ryan

It is difficult to look back and say anything besides "try harder". My experience in college was fantastic and I do not regret any of it. Ryan circa 2008, listen good: you are going to have four years of ups and downs at Iona; making new friends, and have several life changing incidents occur. The head you carry around is surprisingly on straight considering your age and naivety, I think your fatal flaw is how passive you can be. If you have an interest or idea, elaborate on it and see what happens. Play your guitar, read more books, and if you are in the mood ask a pretty girl to dance. Right now you want to attend grad school to study nutrition, this was an idea that perhaps should have hit you years ago; ellaborate on your interests to see where they can take you! Take a look in the mirror, it only gets so much better.

Anyone who can appreciate the small, seminar-focused classroom structure. Having my teachers know me by face and name was definitely a plus for Iona. The school is quite small, but it is possible to meet enough people to generate a promising social life. Do not come here expecting the college archetype seen in movies: big parties, pep rallies, ect...but Iona has it's charms and I would definitely reccomend it to any students looking for a college that feels like home, a small cozy home.

I think brag is a poor word choice, but I share my experiences surrounding New York City. Iona is so very close to Manhattan and I was lucky enough to spend many days and nights in the city going to concerts, sporting events, and exploring one of the most famous regions in the world.

ASHLEY

Iona College is a very intriguing and wonderful surrounding, as well as a very knowledgable expereience, that I am very tahnkful and blessed to be attending.

There are a variety of different advices I would give to myself, but I think the main advice I would give to myself is high school is not actually "reality". College is a whole lot different from highschool, in several ways. When you are in highschool, it is bascially all fun and games. You can basically do whatever you want, with no responsiblity. Once you are in college, all the responisblity is on you. You are responsible for how you use your time, attending classes and all other things, it is on you. You may gain freedom once you are in college but if you acutally think about it, freedom comes with responsiblity. It is your life, you can either reck it or perfect it.

I wish I would of known more about how to manage time. How to use your time wisely.

Tierra

I would tell myself that even though you have much more freedom then it was in high school, you still shouldn't procrastinate on your work. Work gets much harder and this time you are paying for it, so theres no time for playing games. You can still have an abundant amout of fun, but have to put your school work first at all times. Also, theres always help all around campus, so don't be afraid to ask.

The best thing about my school is that there are plenty of activities for you to get involved in. You wont ever be bored because there is something for you to do all the time. This is a good thing because you can get more involved and be more known with the school.

A person that should attend this school is an outgoing person. Someone who loves to explore new things and loves to be involved with different opportunities. Also someone that wants to explore a different environment and get a better feel then what high school was like.

Melissa

My school is a close-knit community where you always see people more than once throughout the day.

Our school's business program is an excellent program and most people you speak too, speak highly of it. Also, our school is known mainly for it's affiliation with the Christian Brothers.

It's important for high school seniors to understand the transition from high school to college. I would make it known that you must be prepared to live on your own and be prepared to structure your life at college. Time management is one of the most important aspects of college. Living on your own, you have the freedom to do almost anything (with some restraints). Therefore, it is important to set priorities, make goals, and manage your time wisely. Also, I would mention goals are important; set as many goals as you possibly can. Set the bar high, and every time you pass that bar, move it up. Make friends, branch out and do things you may not typically do. College is the best four years of your life and you should be able to look back knowing you were involved with as much as you can; gained as much real world experience as you could; and most of all, enjoyed the four years of college to the best you possibly could, all while concentrating on your education, and taking classes seriously

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.