New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

Kristina

Iona College is a fantastic place to be apart of. There are six dorms on campus, East Hall being the only communal one. The people in the school are very friendly and there are lots of events planed. Always get involved because there are many activities that are hosted where you can make friendships.

Iona is Home

Iona is Home

Iona College was an excellent school. Professors were knowledgable, everyone is friendly, and there is access to any educational tool a person could need. Greek life was a major part of my experience at Iona. There is a Sorority for everyone and most of the school events are run by Greek Life and Athletics. The professors in the Psychology department were extremely knowledgable, reasonable, and engaging. My profs were always available when I needed them and were always helpful. I highly recommend Iona College!!!!

james

My classmates were an exciting and diverse group from different walks of life.

My classmates were an exciting and diverse group from different walks of life.

If I could go back in time, I would have a few choice words. I would try even harder in college. I would say ‘aim for the sky’, by expanding your expectations and experiences. Take advantage of each / every experience that crosses your path. Be even more outgoing to meet contacts and experience life on a deeper level. Look to get involved in everything that you can because all things in life lead to a never-ending window of new and exciting opportunities. Those prospects will undoubtedly shape you as an individual. Don’t close the door to anything; rather cast a broad net and look to soak in every little experience for what it’s worth. Everything that happens to you (good, bad and indifferent) is a learning experience to take full advantage of. Look at your obstacles not as something overwhelming, but as the world simply testing you. Obstacles / hardships are chances to work on the weaknesses that you need to grow / mature as a successful and well-rounded human being. Lastly, don’t stress the little things because in a few years, they won’t mean a thing. Enjoy each and every day because time flies.

The best thing about my school was the proximity. It was 7 miles from my home in the Bronx which made it very convenience for commuting purposes. The school was rigorous, yet doable. Teachers were helpful and the classrooms were small, most containing 20 kids at the max.

ryan

It is difficult to look back and say anything besides "try harder". My experience in college was fantastic and I do not regret any of it. Ryan circa 2008, listen good: you are going to have four years of ups and downs at Iona; making new friends, and have several life changing incidents occur. The head you carry around is surprisingly on straight considering your age and naivety, I think your fatal flaw is how passive you can be. If you have an interest or idea, elaborate on it and see what happens. Play your guitar, read more books, and if you are in the mood ask a pretty girl to dance. Right now you want to attend grad school to study nutrition, this was an idea that perhaps should have hit you years ago; ellaborate on your interests to see where they can take you! Take a look in the mirror, it only gets so much better.

Anyone who can appreciate the small, seminar-focused classroom structure. Having my teachers know me by face and name was definitely a plus for Iona. The school is quite small, but it is possible to meet enough people to generate a promising social life. Do not come here expecting the college archetype seen in movies: big parties, pep rallies, ect...but Iona has it's charms and I would definitely reccomend it to any students looking for a college that feels like home, a small cozy home.

I think brag is a poor word choice, but I share my experiences surrounding New York City. Iona is so very close to Manhattan and I was lucky enough to spend many days and nights in the city going to concerts, sporting events, and exploring one of the most famous regions in the world.

ASHLEY

Iona College is a very intriguing and wonderful surrounding, as well as a very knowledgable expereience, that I am very tahnkful and blessed to be attending.

There are a variety of different advices I would give to myself, but I think the main advice I would give to myself is high school is not actually "reality". College is a whole lot different from highschool, in several ways. When you are in highschool, it is bascially all fun and games. You can basically do whatever you want, with no responsiblity. Once you are in college, all the responisblity is on you. You are responsible for how you use your time, attending classes and all other things, it is on you. You may gain freedom once you are in college but if you acutally think about it, freedom comes with responsiblity. It is your life, you can either reck it or perfect it.

I wish I would of known more about how to manage time. How to use your time wisely.

Tierra

I would tell myself that even though you have much more freedom then it was in high school, you still shouldn't procrastinate on your work. Work gets much harder and this time you are paying for it, so theres no time for playing games. You can still have an abundant amout of fun, but have to put your school work first at all times. Also, theres always help all around campus, so don't be afraid to ask.

The best thing about my school is that there are plenty of activities for you to get involved in. You wont ever be bored because there is something for you to do all the time. This is a good thing because you can get more involved and be more known with the school.

A person that should attend this school is an outgoing person. Someone who loves to explore new things and loves to be involved with different opportunities. Also someone that wants to explore a different environment and get a better feel then what high school was like.

Melissa

My school is a close-knit community where you always see people more than once throughout the day.

Our school's business program is an excellent program and most people you speak too, speak highly of it. Also, our school is known mainly for it's affiliation with the Christian Brothers.

It's important for high school seniors to understand the transition from high school to college. I would make it known that you must be prepared to live on your own and be prepared to structure your life at college. Time management is one of the most important aspects of college. Living on your own, you have the freedom to do almost anything (with some restraints). Therefore, it is important to set priorities, make goals, and manage your time wisely. Also, I would mention goals are important; set as many goals as you possibly can. Set the bar high, and every time you pass that bar, move it up. Make friends, branch out and do things you may not typically do. College is the best four years of your life and you should be able to look back knowing you were involved with as much as you can; gained as much real world experience as you could; and most of all, enjoyed the four years of college to the best you possibly could, all while concentrating on your education, and taking classes seriously

When searching for college one must learn to be a bit selfish. One has to think about themselves. Despite what everyone else wants you to do you must make your own decisions without the influence of others. I learned this after experiencing it personally. My family wasn’t ready for me to leave the house. They felt that I could achieve my goals by going to any college that was close to home. They didn’t help me realize that sometimes even if it may seem difficult one must leave our comfort zone and explore. If I would have been open to the idea of leaving home many more opportunities would have been available to me. Despite my family’s dependence on me, I feel that they would have been benefited by not having me around. In addition, if I would have known about certain opportunity programs such as the HEOP or the CSTEP programs I also would have applied to some colleges I felt were out of my reach because of the cost of tuition and other expenses. To have a great college experience and use its maximal benefit one must do lots of research and be open minded.

The thing I dislike the most is the course availability. I am a freshman going into my second semester and I have been frustrated by my class schedule. This college does not offer enough courses with a variety of times. Since I am a commuter I feel that I am at a disadvantaged when I have scattered class options. Coming from a low income family I would be benefited by an increased amount of options because it would allow me to obtain a part-time job, which I am in great need of in order to afford attending college.

Oare

Classmates are very nice and fun to be around and are very accepting of everyone

It gives you a sense of independence and sets you up for real life experience. In college you don't have your parents telling you what to do anymore so you have to make your own decisions. I have learned hard work can get you wwhere you want to be. In college you are going to need to work harder than you did in high school to get the grades you want.

Community Service projects because we get to help many other people in need

Ranisha

The professors and friends I've made have made my experience worthwhile.

The professors and friends I've made have made my experience worthwhile.

The lack of diversity and the lack of a small arts program.

Someone who wants to work in a business field and has the money.

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.