New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

Ariel

I learn more about myself and the world around me everyday by pushing and challenging myself through college. Higher education is not an easy path, yet I find it is a necessary path for me to follow in my efforts to advance and strenghten myself as a strong young woman.

patricia

As of today November 13, 2010, I am unemployed an having a hard time finding a job. The Unemployement Office is sending me back to college to get my degree in Business Administration and I need more help to fund my education. Its hard finding a job I go out each and every day searching for one. With just an Associated Degree In Accounting which was back in 1981 everything have changed and I Believe that once I get my BS in Business Admistration I will be able to get a job with out any problems. Once I get my BS in Business Administration I will be more equipped to be a leader and service in my communities. I believe today, more than ever, education is critical for advancement and professional opportunties. On January 31, 2011 I will be attending Mid-Continent University Advantage as a full time student . In closing I would like to say Thank you, for allowing me to better my self and advancing my career at the same time.

My classmates are student leaders and role models of Edmund Rice which we share in common the goal of being the change we wish to see in the world.

I have developped a skill set to be a leader, a role model, and an activist to be the change I wish to see in this world. Iona College has given me a valuable education because my knowledge has broadened with new ideas, concepts, and theories. I have developped a deeper understanding of the world and a greater appreciation for Edmund Rice. When I graduate, I will be one in my generation who will stand out with confidence and make a difference in the world.

Iona College is where role models and leaders are made who will continue the work of blessed Edmund Rice. Iona is a traditional Catholic college that is centered on the life of Edmund Rice. Iona encourages students to be role models and leaders of Edmund Rice in their generation by giving back to the community. Students are exposed to harsh realities of our world such as poverty and hunger. Iona has organizations such as the Edmund Rice Society where student leaders participate in midnight runs, soup kitchens, and charity events. Students develop a skill set to continue being a change.

Erin

My school is a close-knit community based powerhouse of education, complete with a very strong faculty and abundant benefits featuring a beautiful campus.

I have found a new place for myself in society. Enterting as a timid freshman, I had an emmense fear of the change ahead, but I approached it head on and was pleasantly surprised. Not only have I gained education and experience, I have found new peers with whom to share my experiences. My experiences have been very valuable because I have already learned so much about life and the vast world around me. After going to grammar and high school with many of the same people, finally branching out was refreshing and offered a whole new point of view.

The best thing is the closeness of it all, from the closeness with other students and roommates, to the closeness between students and professors, not just space-wise (since the campus is cozy), but emotionally as well, it provides a sense of security and belonging.

Joseph

A chance to grow, develop, and affect changes to achieve my career goals. My challenges of pursuing a better quality of life have given me a renewed sense of self. The rewards received from hard work have propelled me further in wanting to achieve my chosen career. I have also met some very committed people during my college career and they have helped me to see what it means 'earn your life.' Like the old saying goes, "You are what you eat," in this case you are what you decide to be. Live your dream and settle for nothing less. My favorite quote helps me to see this happen everyday: "In the land of 'never-will,' do you dwell contently."-JEM

faith

I am a single parent of two small children. I had them at a young age. The most rewarding experience was to walk with my camp and gown with my son in the crowd cheering me on. Through my learning experience, he too now knows how important a higher education is in this competitive market today. I am requesting this assistance to show them the sky is the limit.

At the time Iona College was a small one. Now it has grown significantly to meet the needs of a growing population

A person who is seeking professional and moral growth should attend Iona College.

Tiffany

I would tell myself that boys and relationships are not as important as they seem, everything will come in due time. Sex, kissing all that is definately worth waiting for the right person for. Fiting in should not be your priority, be proud of what and who you are it's cool to be unique and independent. School work is important! It's a lot harder to "wing" things in college than in high school. You are gunna have to study for some things and doing your homework actually counts a lot! Talk more, get involved; while theres nothing wrong with being shy and quiet you need to know thats its improtant to speak up for yourself. Don't let people influence you. Participate in class, don't worry about looking like a kiss up, trust me at this point your professors opinion of you is way more important than that of your peers. Keep your parents involved in your life they may not be the best but they're all you've got. Be honest about everything especially with your parents trust me it will make life so much easier. Don't skip class its not worth it. Work!

It's important to not lose focus on what your really there for. Time management and prioritizing are a must!

I tend to brag about how cute the guys are. We do have some pretty cool professors that give tons of chances and the students are laid back and goofy for the most part.

We're right outside the New York City area, only about a 30 minute train ride to be exact. Its a small campus compared to other universities or colleges, but I have found everyone to be extremely helpful and friendly in my new transition.

I would first assure myself that my new life away at college was going to be fine. However I would also tell myself to enjoy my last days at high school. Waking up to get to school by 8, 7 period day class schedules, each class separated by bell, only girls (I went to an all girl school), "lunch time", and uniforms would soon be a thing of the past. As much as I would have celebrated knowing this, I'd have to aware myself that you don't realize what you've lost until its gone. You must live in the present cause you can't go backwards. I'd soon be having to wake up only a half hour before class, have only 3 classes a day, go by myself to my classes, have boys in the same class, eat lunch on my own time, and wear pretty much pajamas or whatever to class. It can sound frightening, but don't worry. With this comes new experiences and new friends. You'll feel a true sense of independence because you're now 18 and you have your whole life ahead of you. Have fun, be smart, Good Luck!

The students. My roomates and other friends I have made are great. They have all helped me adjust to being away for the first time. I've learned to enjoy myself through our friendship.

stephen

Its very local and easy to et to everyone is very friendly and close

Its very local and easy to et to everyone is very friendly and close

SHould of went to a bigger school who had better facilities and cared about sports other than basketball and not giving the oppoertunities

Its too small not a lot of opportunities to have a decent time here unless you do it yourself very boring.

Shqipe

The most important advise I would give to anyone about finding the right college and making the most of the college expirence is to make sure they are finacially stable with the college that they want they want to go to. It's hard to make the best out of college when your spending your time working and worrying about paying college tution. When you don't have the burden of bills having to be paid it makes college a lot easier to handle and more enjoyable.

Teachers are always there to help. Its a small campus so class sizes are small making it easier to interact with the teacher.

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.