New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

We're right outside the New York City area, only about a 30 minute train ride to be exact. Its a small campus compared to other universities or colleges, but I have found everyone to be extremely helpful and friendly in my new transition.

I would first assure myself that my new life away at college was going to be fine. However I would also tell myself to enjoy my last days at high school. Waking up to get to school by 8, 7 period day class schedules, each class separated by bell, only girls (I went to an all girl school), "lunch time", and uniforms would soon be a thing of the past. As much as I would have celebrated knowing this, I'd have to aware myself that you don't realize what you've lost until its gone. You must live in the present cause you can't go backwards. I'd soon be having to wake up only a half hour before class, have only 3 classes a day, go by myself to my classes, have boys in the same class, eat lunch on my own time, and wear pretty much pajamas or whatever to class. It can sound frightening, but don't worry. With this comes new experiences and new friends. You'll feel a true sense of independence because you're now 18 and you have your whole life ahead of you. Have fun, be smart, Good Luck!

The students. My roomates and other friends I have made are great. They have all helped me adjust to being away for the first time. I've learned to enjoy myself through our friendship.

stephen

Its very local and easy to et to everyone is very friendly and close

Its very local and easy to et to everyone is very friendly and close

SHould of went to a bigger school who had better facilities and cared about sports other than basketball and not giving the oppoertunities

Its too small not a lot of opportunities to have a decent time here unless you do it yourself very boring.

Shqipe

The most important advise I would give to anyone about finding the right college and making the most of the college expirence is to make sure they are finacially stable with the college that they want they want to go to. It's hard to make the best out of college when your spending your time working and worrying about paying college tution. When you don't have the burden of bills having to be paid it makes college a lot easier to handle and more enjoyable.

Teachers are always there to help. Its a small campus so class sizes are small making it easier to interact with the teacher.

Kayleigh

Well, it's private and based in the Catholic tradition for one, but it's still rather liberal in comparison to other 'Catholic' schools. It's also got a really homey, intimate feeling about it. it's not all concrete and steel like a lot of state schools. Classes are usually about 20-30 kids which is waaaay better than having 300 to a lecture hall.

Go where you heart leads you. In the end, Remember why you are there is to learn. Learning, however, also includes social learning and learning who you are as a person in society. Also, this isn't High School anymore, so don't treat it as such. You really are privelaged to be able to even have graduated from High School, so keep that in mind as you are working your way through college.

VERY expensive. Financial aid doesnt cover a lot and it's a lot of rich people's kids who go there.

Vincent

My classmates are kind, respectful people, who are very friendly and outgoing.

My classmates are kind, respectful people, who are very friendly and outgoing.

Inorder to find the right college for you, you have to visit the ones that seem the most appealing to you. You should choose a college that you feel comfortable with and that you feel will help you progress with your future plans on getting a job. Also, you will know the school that's right for you when you get the feeling of butterflies in your stomach. Inorder to make most of your college experience, you should get involved in every way that you can. You should join clubs, sports, even a sorority/fraternity. Even though being apart of a sorority/fraternity isn't everything, it allows you to expand your network even further, and networking is very important when you graduate college. Networking can go so far s to help you find a job, but none the less, it is important to have a network because it keeps you socially active, even after you graduate.

Anyone who is inteested in getting a great education at a reasonable price. Anyone tht is interested in business or science and the liberal arts.

Chene

Iona is a medium sized collged. Soits not to small and not too big. You wont feel out of place and its beutiful campus with so many different type of people and personalities so you can always find a place to fit it and learn more by people.

My advise to the students is to go visit every college and spend as much time reviewing everything and to try to pick one that makes you feel at home. A campus you'l feel more comfortablr being in but also one that you feel you can actually achieve success in. Have fun but also work hard. And to the parents is to find a good college for yur son/ daughter one that you feel is right for them. Something clean beautiful and well academically based that won't brake the bank either. look for a healthy enviroment where you'll feel comfortable in and even though you wont be living on campus somewhere you will also be involved in because you investiog in your childs future at this institute.

The one thing that i i dont really like that much about Iona is that the dorm rooms are to small. Its a great campus and all but if only the rooms and room space could be expanded alitte more. that is why i do not dorm at Iona.. I feel the dorm space is not worth the money without alittle more change

Jeff

Has a good business school and Mass Communication Programs. Not known for its social life or extra-curricular activitities. The sports teams on campus are really bad coming from a student-athlete.

At the time I was a senior I wasn't really into looking at different colleges I was just focused on where I was now and wasn't thinking much toward the future. I would strongly reccomend to any student that you should take advantage of your opportunities visiting schools and make the choice for a college that you feel fits best for you.

The cost is way too high for what it offers to its students

ryan

It is best know n for business. The school has a great program, professors, advisors and financial aid advisors . It also has great clubs and activities. I truely love this school and all that it has to offer me and everyone.

Well, to the parents I would say, please know that your children are not leaving you forever. Know that they love you tremendously more now than ever. Know that they thank you for all that you have done for them and have taught them throughout the years. Know that everything you have said to them over and over they did hear you and will take with them on their new journey. Know that we do miss you terribly and love you enourmously with all that we have become because of you. know that we will grow, but not without you, but because of what you have let us become. To the student I would say, don't be scared. You are about to embark on a wonderful future. You can become all and anything you want to be. I would also say join clubs and get involved in your school. Take advantage of all that is there for you to experience and learn. I would say don't be scared, mom and dad have done a great thing for you. Take advantage of this opportunity. And lastly, I would want to tell you that your parents are very proud.

I went to an excellent college prepatory high school. They taught us, prepared us, we took college course and we were lectured extensively on what we should expect with regard to the college life, studies, the syllabus for your classes and professors. I also was well prepared by my parents. They raised me with manners, values, their great faith in me and anything I wish to do to make my dreams come true. But, of course, nothing can really prepare you, only the experience of living the college life. I thank my mom and dad for this time.

Danielle

I think you should get involved on your campus. You should join some clubs and go to events on your campus. You should pick a college that is best for you.

everyone can go to this school

Kyle

The fact that we are so close to new york city. We still get the feel of city life but don't have to worry about all of the faults.

Coming from someone who gives campus tours, the best advise i can give parents and prospetive students is that when you set foot onto a campus and you fall in love with it that moment, stick with that college, because chances are you will be spending four years of your life there so it's best to go to a college or university that you love rather then one you hate.

It's a private school, with a Devision 1 athletics program.

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.