Fort Dodge, IA
Iowa Central Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iowa Central Community College

Heather

I feel some of the teachers were engaging and cared while others were very apathetic about their jobs. There were many times that the students were not very interactive, and the teacher was not helpful. I had many people drop out of the harder classes, so the classes ended up being pretty small. Many teachers would teach different courses over the same material. My Micro/Macro teacher was terrible, and the "interactive" website we used for these classes always froze or didn't run properly. There were several instances when technology failed for us students at Iowa, either due to outdated links or material. On the other hand, teachers like my managerial/financial accounting teacher were terrific. She was engaging, challenging, and always eager to answer questions and help us learn. At the end of her managerial accounting class, there were only three students. I believe we all did well because no matter the material, she was always able to make it understanding for us who wished to learn. So, overall, some aspects and teachers made learning fun and easy; while, other teachers and easily avoided technical difficulties made Iowa Central less welcoming.

aimee

A good starting place for my career, small classes and campus. A good learning environment for my self and my peers. I will be in the marching band which I was not offered in my high school. I have already had an opportunity to meet and play with the band.

Dominic

I think it is a great campus to live on, but they could do better in pushing students to join activities or clubs. Most people are not involved in anything outside of their classes. Despite this, they have numerous programs and lots of offered help to ensure their students succeed. I would definitely recommend Iowa Central Community College to someone.

Iowa Central has so many different things that you can do on and off campus. The teachers make sure that you know that studying is an important thing to do. Iowa Central always has something for you to do in your spare time such as; sports, musical/ plays, as long with many other fun activities to do.

Kierstyn

I would give myself the same advice. One big advice I would give to myself is start saving money super early and do not wait! I would tell myself to make friends early and do not wait about that either.

The best thing about my school would be its small and its a nice begginer college before I go to a University. I was the type of student that needed a smaller classroom and smaller college before moving to a huge University. The college offers a few large classes, but for the most part 20-30 is the normal class average. With the smaller classes it allows more conversation and room for questions and more one on one.

It is a community college so many of the the kids dont put much effort into their work and do not try as hard as they should. That would be the worse part is seeing other kids and especially students that do not try. I have had a few teachers who do not put alot of effort into their classes and I never learn anything. That would be my biggest pet peeve is paying for a class and learning nothing.

ana

It is placed in Fort Dodge, Storm Lake, and Webster City. I attend the one in Storm lake and its mostly known for being able to see the classes in Fort Dodge and Webster City through a television.

Dear Ana, I am writing this letter because I know how frightened and worried you are but I want to tell you that college is not that scary. Remember to keep yourself focused and not think that because your dad passed and you have a little one coming everything is over. Many women have gone to school and graduated having children, why can't you? Your life is not over, it is just about to start. Your family may be angry about what is going on, but they will come around and your dad will always watch over you. Many people do not think you will make something of yourself. Show all those who doubt you that you will get done with school and all those who love you will support you in every way possible. Your baby will be the biggest motivation to keep going with school because you know you will be able to provide for him in the future. Continuing your education is the best decision you have made so far. Your senior year will show you what a strong person you are. Now show them what you are made of. Sincerely, The Future You

All my friends go to my school but if i was going to brag i would say that the classes that have the teachers in the class are very small. Its easy to go talk to the teacher and you get very comfortable with your classmates really quick. Tge biggest class i have been in had around 12 students.

Most of the classes are small enough that most professors know your name. More than likely your teachers may recognize you, but they may not remember your name. If you come to them for extra help, most are always willing to assist you. There are lots of great programs for different careers. They just got a Mass Communications Major which will start this year. They have a really close knit group in the Music and Theater Department. Iowa Central also has nursing, dental hygiene, radiology, and photography majors along with lots of others.

Cheryl

I am proud to have completed my AAS in Supply Chain and Transportation Management on April 21, 2014 with a 3.23 GPA at Iowa Central CC and transfer to Bellevue University on-line BS program in Supply Chain and Logistics starting in September of 2014

If I could return a have a conversation to myself about the currrent college life, I would first start off about the amazing choices and opportunities for the various ways one could gain access to a college degree. I would explain to myself about all the different product offerings in higher education. The traditional campus vs. non-traditional learning opportunities such as on-line, both classroom and online, certifications offerings, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness for teachers, and certain other professions and the wonderful opportunity to study aboard which I would love to take advantage of in my next year and half with Bellevue before I earn my BS. I would most certainly explain that I could tailor my educational preferences to my learning and life styles. Lastly, I would advise myself to always seek opportunities to not only learn but also serve in a civic capacity and never discount the Libral Arts, education's bedrock. Does not matter how technically advance the world becomes the libral arts are most necessary to explore and understand the human experiences (beauty and complexities) throughout history until our current era. Truly EDUCATION is an American Express expression "No one should leave home without it."

A person such as myself who wanted online program in the field of Logistics and Transporation Management where the instructors, administrators and policies attracted and retained mature adults. The college offerings exceeded all expectation in the quality and delivery of an online program. Busy adults would excel in this very professional environment and mostly the students were comprise of working adults with the focus of gaining the most current knowledge of the logistic field. The work was very challenging but not overwhelming if you could schedule study and assignments completion in a discipline manner and these such students will succeed.

Justin

The advice I would give myself is go to class study hard gradulate get a good job. I now understand the importance of a college education especially in our current economy. I understand that it may not be easy, but what worth working for is? I would tell myself it won't be easy I will get stressed but don't get discouraged four years from now I'll say attending college is the best choice I ever made. I would tell myself and other high school students looking into college to do so. I have had a great experience and I'm glad I valued my educated enough to commit to four more years. Another thing I would tell myself while parties and the crazzy stereotypes college students have I have a responsibilty not only to myself but my family, teammates and coaches and future family.Accademics come first and I don't want to work for minimum wage for the rest of my life even though I now realize how blessed I was to have a job and supportive community around me to help me overcome all of the obstacles and future obstacles life may bring my way.

A person who likes to learn with a low student to teacher ratio. A student that wants a school that provides plenty of accademic help. A student who wantss to meet new people and friends from different backgrounds. An athlete that wants to compete with talented teammates and incredible coaching staffs. The better question is who wouldn't want to attend Iowa Central Community College?

I brag about the great tutoring and accademic tutoring programs and a low student to teacher ratio. I also have Triton pride in supporting our nationally ranked sporting teams and the diversity within the school as many people from many countries come together in this small school. I take great pride in this school and the services, it provides me to succeed not just now but later in life also.

Curt

My classmates are very dedicated to their schoolwork. They tend to be happy, stress free people. This is suprising due to all the stress that comes along with being a full-time college student. They also balance their time suprisingly well.

The first thing I would tell myself would be to listen! I passed up on so many opportunities! I could have saved alot of money by taking classes towards my degree during my senior year of highschool. Another thing I would tell myself would be to take my ACT on time. Rather then doing this, I opted into taking the Compass test just to get into Iowa Central Community College. I believe this hurt me in the end as my composite score suffered immensely. I Would also tell myself not to get caught up in the mess that comes with applying to EVERY school that I've ever thought about attending. I felt overwhelmed with college paperwork. between entrance essays and letter's of rocommendations, I had little time to sit down and actually consider each of my options thoroughly.

Iowa Central Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.