Estherville, IA
Iowa Lakes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iowa Lakes Community College

David

It is a great learning environment, with very nice staff and professors who are always willing to help. No matter what the question you have is, the professors and other staff on campus are more than willing to provide answers. There is a success center too, open to everyone to come and get help at anytime. Iowa Lakes community college in my opinion is a really nice place to go to, and get a 2 year degree and then move on to a bigger school. The college is designed to prepare you for that experience. All the teachers care so much about attendance, as they believe if you get used to attending class you will continue at a bigger school, that show how much concern the teachers have for the students here. There is also extracurricular activity, like soccer, volleyball, track, softball and other sports for people who want something to do aside study, even if it is just for fun. There are also other clubs on campus that you could sign up for, to get to know people and to keep yourself busy. Overall, I think Iowa Lakes Community college is a very good place to come study. It doesn't have the biggest campus, but the academics, nice and devoted staff and the extracurricular activity makes up for that.

Mandy

It is a wonderful place to learn, and they are so helpful and wonderful!

It is a wonderful place to learn, and they are so helpful and wonderful!

Shayna

It is a very small school, so that one on one relationship with the professors are great because they are very understanding and can help a lot. Being a small school has it's ups and downs unfortunately. We don't have a lot of things to do here, but you always end up finding or making your own fun!

Brooke

Iowa Lakes is an awesome, small town college. Everybody here is so friendly and helpful, both staff and students. You receive great academics at a good price and the experience alone makes it worth it. I love this place and can't wait to call myself an Iowa Lakes Community College Alum!

Kylie

Iowa Lakes is a small school with 5 campuses in 5 different towns/cities. The sports teams are spread out which makes it difficult for the students on the other campuses to get involved in the student life. The professors, counselors, and other staff members are always willing to help students.

Destiny

My overall opinion on Iowa Lakes Community College is that this college is Excellent! The atmosphere is very friendly, that includes students and faculty. The professors are always there and willing to help you with any problem that you might have. Even the staff that work in the offices are very helpful and friendly when it comes to any problem you are facing. They have different programs like tutoring and such for any student that might be struggling with a class or classes. I do not live on campus, but however some of my fellow classmates do and they complement the living quarters that the college provides. As for the teaching and learning aspects of the college it is very spectacular, but it could use maybe a little improvement in certain programs. The reason I state this is because I have heard other students around the campus complain about how one professor teaches a class. This just could also be that the students have a different way of learning than how the professor is teaching. What I have noticed over the two years of attending Iowa Lakes is that everything I have stated above is very true and I have witnessed all of this single handedly. I knew from the first time I visited Iowa Lakes that I was going to attend there. Iowa Lakes is by far one of the best community colleges that I have visited in my opinion. I am proud to say that in the year 2018 I will graduate from Iowa Lakes, and that it has given me the best college experience.

Andrew

The teachers really connect with the students and the class sizes are very small so you're a person and not a number.

The way teachers give you lots of chances to get a good grade with assignments, quizzes, extra credit, etc.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would preach how important it is to save money! Don't follow friends (like I did). Make sure you look into total costs, available majors, scholarships and grants, etc. I would've told myself to realize this is the very beginning of the rest of my life. Every move I make, whether it be good or bad, can have an impact on my future. So I would repeat over and over to focus on getting to class, doing my work on time, getting good grades, and saving money. Also, I wish I would've looked into jobs or even internships while still in school that could go towards my major of interest. It would only help down the road with resume experience and impressing a future employer. Lastly, I'd tell myself that I am going to make mistakes along the way, not only in college, but life. That is what I think this is all about, learning from those mistakes and becoming a better person from how you learned from them.

The advice I would of gave myself is I should of worked harder in school and to take my grandparent's advice.

The type of person that should attend this school is if you want a degree and it only takes two years.

I would describe this school as kind of weird.

Beth

My classmates are a mixture of several types, traditional as a well as non traditional.

If given the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high senior, twenty years ago, I would encourage myself to be more well-rounded in order to be able to get to know myself better. This helps in making better decisions to know what to go to college for and to enter the workforce into a satisfying career. Take the time to develop personal skills. The part time after school job isn't as important as keeping up relationships with close friends as well as others attending high school with you. Put more value into your family. Don't take them for granted as much, the time you have with them is too short. If you tell yourself, "I know that will never happen to me", it will end up happening to you in ways that will be of benefit to you and in tragedy. Finally, grades really are important. Don't view high school as a finish line, think of it as a time to start building a successful life. Look for opportunities to learn more, ask more questions in class, and take more challenging classes.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be goal orientated and ready to form a somewhat close relationships with the students, staff, and professors. The students here are usually focused on acheiving their education goals. The staff is very supportive, always willing to assist the students whenever they need help. I view the staff at my college as my personal cheerleading squad. They take it as their personal mission to make sure you succeed. Then, finally, the professors make sure you have a full understanding of material presented in a course, ensuring your success as a student.

Jamie

Wow! Great question...No Hockey Team is all I can come up with. This school is well rounded but for Hockey. I wish the town was bigger but thats not the schools problem. I would love to learn to play Hockey so that is my answer- No Hockey.

I really like Iowa Lakes criminal Justice Center. They have alot of awesome equipment for that feild. Froma great gun range to a good slection of guns ( so you can get a good feel for differant kinds). I enjoy our teachers out look in the feild of police work. They also have a simulater of films to put you in the moment of crime happening, they can change differeent out comes. What a great school and program.

Good one!! It would be: I should of taken more college classes in high school (that were for free!!) then I did. I see now that was a great benifit for me if I just would of done more. I did take 2 college classes but I should of done atleast two to three more. Can't change that now but boy do I wish I could!

Iowa Lakes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.