Iowa Lakes Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Iowa Lakes Community College

Kylie

Iowa Lakes is a small school with 5 campuses in 5 different towns/cities. The sports teams are spread out which makes it difficult for the students on the other campuses to get involved in the student life. The professors, counselors, and other staff members are always willing to help students.

Brooke

Iowa Lakes is an awesome, small town college. Everybody here is so friendly and helpful, both staff and students. You receive great academics at a good price and the experience alone makes it worth it. I love this place and can't wait to call myself an Iowa Lakes Community College Alum!

Destiny

My overall opinion on Iowa Lakes Community College is that this college is Excellent! The atmosphere is very friendly, that includes students and faculty. The professors are always there and willing to help you with any problem that you might have. Even the staff that work in the offices are very helpful and friendly when it comes to any problem you are facing. They have different programs like tutoring and such for any student that might be struggling with a class or classes. I do not live on campus, but however some of my fellow classmates do and they complement the living quarters that the college provides. As for the teaching and learning aspects of the college it is very spectacular, but it could use maybe a little improvement in certain programs. The reason I state this is because I have heard other students around the campus complain about how one professor teaches a class. This just could also be that the students have a different way of learning than how the professor is teaching. What I have noticed over the two years of attending Iowa Lakes is that everything I have stated above is very true and I have witnessed all of this single handedly. I knew from the first time I visited Iowa Lakes that I was going to attend there. Iowa Lakes is by far one of the best community colleges that I have visited in my opinion. I am proud to say that in the year 2018 I will graduate from Iowa Lakes, and that it has given me the best college experience.

Shayna

It is a very small school, so that one on one relationship with the professors are great because they are very understanding and can help a lot. Being a small school has it's ups and downs unfortunately. We don't have a lot of things to do here, but you always end up finding or making your own fun!

Mandy

It is a wonderful place to learn, and they are so helpful and wonderful!

David

It is a great learning environment, with very nice staff and professors who are always willing to help. No matter what the question you have is, the professors and other staff on campus are more than willing to provide answers. There is a success center too, open to everyone to come and get help at anytime. Iowa Lakes community college in my opinion is a really nice place to go to, and get a 2 year degree and then move on to a bigger school. The college is designed to prepare you for that experience. All the teachers care so much about attendance, as they believe if you get used to attending class you will continue at a bigger school, that show how much concern the teachers have for the students here. There is also extracurricular activity, like soccer, volleyball, track, softball and other sports for people who want something to do aside study, even if it is just for fun. There are also other clubs on campus that you could sign up for, to get to know people and to keep yourself busy. Overall, I think Iowa Lakes Community college is a very good place to come study. It doesn't have the biggest campus, but the academics, nice and devoted staff and the extracurricular activity makes up for that.

Courtney

Iowa Lakes is a great college for figuring out where you belong and what programs are right for you. They help you on your path to life after college into the work force. The feel of the college is a small town, rural community perfect for those who are used to it. You get to have a personal relationship with the professors and can talk to them about anything in life or academically that you may question or struggle with. Although, the one thing that needs a little improvement is organization and communication between everyone (faculty and students).