Mount Pleasant, IA
Iowa Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iowa Wesleyan University

Jazmin

Overall, friendly school. Has lots of events to get the community and students together. It's a small university in the middle of nowhere, but all the activities they do really makes you feel apart of the community they have. You get close to many people, students, and faculty.

Kaytelyn

It’s a great atmosphere but there are some people that come just to leave their parents and don’t take college seriously and make it harder for others to learn. The food isn’t the best, but there are a few food places up the road so convenience is nice and the overall mobility of the classes are awesome.

It is an okay school. Even though they have good programs, they don't have many clubs. They also have good work study programs as well.

Thomas

My overall opinion of Iowa Wesleyan is that it is a slightly below average school with really good academics and strong teaching environment. Life here can get boring and sicking kind of quickly if you're more suited to luxury or city life.

Monica

Iowa Wesleyan gave me the opportunity to play in the women's soccer team and also to get my education. This school offers plenty of financial aid . I am involved in a sorority name Alpha Theta Ro. the mission is to help leukemia patients. It has a great diversity and it challenges you to become a all rounded student. If you like interacting with others ,being involved and is excited for life this college is for you .

The worst thing about Iowa Wesleyan College is Sodexo. Sodexo is your meal plan , it is great that you can have unlimited food but it gets boring. We have the same food repeat over and over. You just need to be creative when you prepare your plate.

Delaney

Iowa Wesleyan is a small campus. The staff and students are all friendly. We all work together to help each other succeed. The only real problem with the university falls in the fact that the tuition is very high and many people are not able to afford it for all four years.

Kelsie

Iowa Wesleyan College is known for being the oldest, running college West of the Mississippi River.

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school preparing for the college life I would tell myself to study more than I did, to not procrastinate as much as I did, and to keep an open mind. College is a lot different than high school but I think it's better in a good way, I also think that sometimes in high school when the teachers told you that they were preparing you for college that they really weren't preparing you for what was to come. College has really changed my life and opened my eyes to a whole new world that I didn't know existed and could be so exciting. One last thing I would go back to tell myself is to not stress out over everything because if you stress too much then you will get nothing good out of the wonderful experiences ahead.

This year our school has gone through a budget cut and it has really taken a tole on the students, staff, and faculty here at the college but because of the budget cuts Iowa Wesleyan College should be able to stay open for many years to come.

I have learned alot about myself at the college that I am attending. I have learned to push myself to new levels of work. When I felt like I could not complete a task, I kept on pushing myself to do better. The next thing I knew I completed what I wanted and got the results that I wanted. This goes with the rest of life. When you want somethng bad enough you will do whatever it takes in order to get the results you want. It took me until college to figure that out, but now that I know that, I know that I can succeed at college and with the career of choice.

Needs to be updated building wise.

Yurico

Classmates at Iowa Wesleyan are usually quiet. When it comes to doing projects or working in groups classmates do participate and put forth the effort, but when there are no group assignments students tend to stick to themselves. Classmates go to class for one reason, and that is to take notes and do their part.

I believe that the most valuable experience that I have gotten out of attending Iowa Wesleyan is the friendships I have obtained. I strongly believe that it doesn't matter what college you attend whether at a big university or small private college, the frienships you develope will be forever lasting. My education is my number one priority, and just like many other students around the world who find themselves in the same financial position know that it is very difficult to pursue your dreams and career goals if the money is not there. Nothing is impossible, with hardwork and dedication you can make things happen, but just being aware that everything has a price , and it will all pay off in the end.

I wish I had known about the financial situation. This school is expensive for what it is actually worth. It's a great place to meet friends and play sports considering it is a small private school but, my financial situation is the first thing i worry about everyday while i'm at this school. There are also not many activities at this school, the school spirit is very pathetic and non-exciting.

Heather

All of my fellow classmates who are getting their education degree are taking their classes and grades very seriously as hard working students.

I would love to have the opportunity to go back and have a little chat with myself during my senior year at Fairfield High School back in 1994. I would have been 16 years younger and not as mature and wise as I am today. I would have two things to discuss with myself. Take all of my classes in high school seriously. I know I was a B average student. It would not have taken too much more effort to be an A student. The next talk with myself would be about waiting to start a family. If I knew 16 years ago that I would be going back to college at age 34, I would not have dreamed I would have a husband, three children and a home to take care of. It would have been so much easier to focus on my college career only instead of waiting to try and juggle three things at once. It makes life a huge challenge. It is wonderful to have a family, don't get me wrong. I wish I would have made different choices about my college career and family years ago. It would have made life much easier.

To be a student at Iowa Wesleyan College you do not need to have a particular degree in mind. They offer a wide variety of classes to begin your college career with them. This is a great four year institution to get your undergraduate degree. The student must be very serious about their college career and grades. The professors are very highly qualified to be teaching the classes. They expect the best from each of their students.

Iowa Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.