Mount Pleasant, IA
Iowa Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iowa Wesleyan University

Mandy

Iowa Wesleyan is supportive and flexible; perfect for a non-traditional student.

If I could go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior, I would begin by telling myself not to be in such a hurry to move out on my own. I would assure myself that by staying at home I wouldn't be restricted in life as I once thought, but actually leaving so many more opprotunities available to me. I would recommend taking a variety of classes and having an open mind when exploring future career possibilities. I would suggest focusing on math, because it was the one area I have always struggled with and a skill that is necessary through school. I would let myself know about the value of getting involved in school activities and volunteer work. Finally I would remind myself to enjoy this time and get through it when you are young, because it is one of the few times in your life once you're an adult that you can focus so much of your time on yourself. Your future will happen whether or not you are actively involved in the process.

I mostly brag about the various locations and night hours that allow me to work full time and continue towards my degree.

Trisha

I learned the hard way you have to be outgoing. When you first move, you're on your own and this is a challenge for many. My first advice would be to participate in as many activities as you can. Friendships make the transition to college easier and more enjoyable. College is a time for exploration and growing so my advice is to enjoy it! Also, make sure you know what you want to do in life first. If you have an idea, go for it. So many seniors, (myself included) felt that after high school, you have to attend college but if you aren't sure what you want to do with your life, take time and think about it. Once you have an idea, even if it's a year after high school, make the decision to attend college. By carefully evaluating your life and goals, you aren't throwing away valuable time and money on something that isn't right for you. Lastly, always trust your first instincts. If a situation or place doesn't seem right, then choose something else. Be open to new ideas. You know yourself best so always believe in yourself.

Anyone who likes being around a diverse group of students would enjoy Iowa Wesleyan College. If you are looking for a campus where all the buildings are close and the class sizes small, you would also like it here. With the small class environment, it is that much easier to make friends for a lifetime. I've found that relationships and social interaction is the driving force behind being successful in college and at Iowa Wesleyan, I have made many friends in my first semester and am looking forward to making many more!

Having previously attended a college which I did not like for various reasons, I've truly found a college where the professors are sincere and interested in the well-being and success of their students. I feel at home at Iowa Wesleyan College and this experience has been 100x more fulfilling than my first experience with college. Although it took awhile to get to where I am, I'm very glad that I made the decision to return to school and couldn't have asked for a better college.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a senior in high school, the most important thing I would want to tell myself would be to spend as much time as possible with my family. In high school you have so many people telling you to appreciate living at home and appreciate being young, but as a senior in high school all you can think about is getting out and being on your own for the first time. Living so far from my family and paying my own bills really made me realize how much my parents did for me and whenever they help me out now I make sure to tell them how much I appreciate them. If I could go back, I would tell myself not to take anything or anyone for grantid because you never know how much you really need someone until you are hundreds of miles away from them. Being in college has really made me grow up and appreciate everything that I have and if I could go back to me as a senior I would make sure I appreciated them then as well.

The worst part is that it's alot like high school. Everyone knows everyone and everyone is in everyone's business.

Joseph

If I could go back and become a high school senior again, here are some things I would tell myself, if I fail to plan, I plan to fail. I should have prepared myself for college. It takes alot of planning to make the college experience successful. Applying to schools, applying for scholarships, writing essays. These are things that should happen long before a student becomes a senior. It's difficult in college when you have to be concerned with finances. When you don't have many options financially, you should be looking for every opportunity to fill that gap. It will make the college experience more productive if you don't have the burden of finding ways to pay for housing, books, and food. When all of your basic needs are met, you are able to focus on excelling in your studies. I think it would have made me a better student, if I had planned in advance for the things I would need to be successful in college. If I had applied myself more in high school, I would have been more prepared for college life, and the financing it takes to attend college.

Ryan

I would tell myself just how important it is to do well in college. I would also tell my self not to get caught up in the campus life and stay focused on school work. After 4 years of hard work I will have plenty of time to have fun and enjoy things. At the same time relax and enjoy learning because failing a test is not the end of the world its just a test no one will get hurt.

The Finacial aid staff finds all possible ways to help you pay for school. This something most other colleges don't do.

The lack of male students in my major, Nursing. I am the only male student in my class.

Carman

I would give anything to turn back the hands of time and start my education at Iowa Wesleyan. I attended a community college to get my AA degree. There were so many students that attended, I felt like I was a number, rather than a person. Then, I came to IWC. Here I felt like I actually belonged. The professors were more than willing to help with schoolwork, even from their home. I would tell myself to stay focused on school, no matter what happened in life. I used to let the littlest things in life affect my schoolwork. After dedication and much needed ambition, I am successful with my schoolwork today. Making the transition from high school to college may be one of the most difficult things one may do, but chosing Iowa Wesleyan was the best choice for me.

The worst thing at this school would be them taking the Phi Fi sorority away. My dream was being initiated in my Grandmother's pin . (She attended this school about sixty years ago.) We were both crushed that after my first semester at Iowa Wesleyan they closed the chapter.

Iowa Wesleyan College is an amazing school to attend. I have never felt more "at home" at a college before. Here we are referred to as a person, not a number. I also brag that this college is close enough to home that I can live at home and commute back and forth everday.

Brittney

Firstly, I would recommend playing a sport. I am on the soccer team and it made the transition a lot easier. I had a solid base of people that I got to know very well. I also had a lot to do and keep my busy. It was nice so I did not have time to sit around and think about how I was homesick. Secondly, I would tell myself to try and get involved in more activites right from the beggining of school. The more you are involved in the more people you get to know and eventually start forming life long friendships. Lastly, I would tell myself that a small school is better than a large school. It is easier to get to know everyone on campus and have a wide variety of friends. Also I have found that people here are extremely friendly. It is nice to walk anywhere and always see someone you know. I have made several amazing life long friends in my short time at Iowa Wesleyan and I truly cherish the time that I have spent here.

Not all of the buildings on campus are new and up to date. It is a very old campus. However, they did recently add a new building where most of the classes are held. That building is very nice and has a lot of resources available to students.

Someone who is looking to be at a very large school. Our school only has aound 900 students. It is very easy to get used to being in a small school enviornment but I also grew up in a small town.

Janie

Iowa Wesleyan College is a private, Liberal Arts, Methodist affiliated, 4 year school which values its students and their own unique identity and strives to push its students to be successful in the classroom, as well as preparing them for the real world through internship and service learning experiences.

Looking back on myself before high school graduation, I thought I was sure as to what I wanted to study in school and pursue as a career. If I were to give myself one piece of advice it would to be more open minded. Coming to Iowa Wesleyan College I was exposed to new classes and experiences. These different subjects struck my interest and ultimately helped me to choose a better fitting career path for myself. The liberal arts education at Iowa Wesleyan put me on the path that I needed to be on all along. If I would have not been open minded and encouraged by the college to take a variety of subjects, I might still have been settling for something that I would not be as happy in. Being open minded helps students to transition into college life. Especially for myself, this was the first time that I was really introduced to diversity and people from all walks of life. I am much more satisfied with where I am now because I took a chance and opened my mind to new possibilities.

Iowa Wesleyan College is best for an individual who wants an education that includes a variety of subjects and a person who values diversity and is comfortable with those who differ from them.

Janet

Hello Janet, I would like for you to take some time to listen to me. I have some information you may want to hear about related to your future college experience. I recommend that you really focus on your grades and making sure they are excellent as this is something that can open many opportunities to receive a scholarship and mark you eligible to earn a grant. Start looking into SAT testing dates it is very important that you take your test soon so that you can show your score in your applications towards colleges and universities of your choice. If you are undecided in what university or college you would like to attend or undecided in what career path to take, talkt to your high school counselor or Career Services advisor. They will gladly help you with helpful information that will help you in your decision. Do not procrastinate and wait until the last minute to begin your application process. Be sure to fill out your FAFSA as soon as you graduate and to apply for CalGrants. If you plan on looking for loans carefully look into interests and what will work for you. Good Luck.See you soon.

Natasha

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself a lot. Not only would I tell myself to thin about my future more, but also that my grades and habits will carry over to college. I would want to think about if I was chosing to be a Music Education major because of my love of music, or because I want to teach children music. I'm sure I would change my mind and find that it was the education part that I wanted. I would hope that I would find a job during my senior year and not just focus on music/ sports. I would tell myself that I could do better than what my grades were showing, and that if I worked hard and focused on my studies, I would learn more but also be more prepared for college and the challenges that comes with college. I would remind me to stay true to myself and be the real me. I shouldn't change to make people happy. They should like me for me.

The music department is very good, but not much else is. Lots of people come here becasue it's easy, and the sports teams will take just about anyone. Every night there's a party and no one cares if there are underage people there. So, if you want easy classes, want to play on a sports team, are a partier, or your musical, this is the college for you.

How students focus on drinking and not their academecs. They also don't care about other people and the rules of the campus. There's been cheating going on, but the student's don't care.

Iowa Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.