Irvine, CA
Irvine Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Irvine Valley College

Valerie

I actually graduated high school early as a Junior, and since freshman year of high school I was taking college courses at Irvine Valley College. So when I did graduate high school early, I was aleady a sophmore in college. Thinking back, if I did not take college courses already, the most important advice I could ever give myself was to work hard and excel at everything. I would tell myself that in the end it all pays off. College is not a hard transition. In fact, it is very easy, as long as you work hard. I would explain to myself that no matter what I do, to never give up. The only thing that can ever hurt me, is giving up non myself. As long as I strive to be my best then I will succeed in whatever I want to do. To this day I use this advice.

The best thing about the school I attend is the diversity of people. This is because I get to interact with people who have different values and opinions from me. I find this exciting and interesting because it is a way of exploring other cultures and ethnicities. I am able to communicate freely with anybody on campus, and it very inspiring to do so.

I think everybody should have a chance to attend this school. It is a chance to change your perspective on the world and focus on your future and career. It is very time consuming, but worth it.

Chase

The faculty is highly recommended for a community college. Most of the professors are fabulous.

I dislike the lack of financial aid available. The fafsa does a poor job of a family's EFC when it comes to this school, since there is an extremely high cost of living that is not taken into account.

Alec

A wonderful starting point, great for those right out of High School without much money to spend, but not even close to fulfilling the real college-life dream; a bit like two extra years of High School.

Honestly, if I were able to talk to myself in High School, most of my advice would be social in nature. When I started High School I was shy; a short littel kid with a bullying older brother who was far too defensive. I would tell myself to strive harder to get along with more people and make friends, so that all four years could have been as enjoyable as the last two I spent there, when I was far more popular. That, and I would tell myself to study more in Biology and practice rolling my Rs in Spanish 2, I am still usatissfied with the Cs i got in those clases.

Those expecting to complete their degreed immediately and get right out into the real world; this is a school for those who want to get their general education units out of the way before attending a full university.

Bryan

Irvine Valley College provides top rated university professors at a community college price; all with a touch of closer personal learning.

Hey, Renzy! It's me, I mean you! Look I don't have much time, but I am your future-self so listen up. First thing, break up with your girlfriend -- trust me. Second, college isn't a waste of time so please don't be discouraged. I know you're more concerned with making money right now, and that saving up for a new car sounds ideal, but don't drop out of college. You screwed up by not applying to any colleges, but there's still plenty of ways to getting your degree in architecture. Girls will distract you from your priorities and you need to be strong enough to push through with your studies. Trust your future self, there's plenty of time to gain experience in regards to the opposite sex. Because you slipped, you wont be getting back to college until you tunr 24... that's a long time until you start something you should've already finished. Focus, and you'll realize that college isn't like high school. College challenges your way of thinking so embrace it and don't let it scare you. Accomplish this and you'll be even more unstoppable!

The most frustrating thing about my school is seeing how many Bentleys and Porsches are out in the student parking lots.

Julianne

Hey high school Julie, Just to prepare yourself, know that as soon as you get to college none of the things that seem important in high school will be important in anymore. College is no longer about struggling to fit in, to be considered "cool," or to even be noticed by that boy you think is cute. It's about standing out, finding yourself, and doing things you never thought possible. You know how you've been planning to go to Europe as soon as you graduate with your bachelor's degree? Well guess what, you do that after completing your first year of college, and you do it all by yourself. You're going to make friends all over the world, you're going to be on the Dean's list, in the honors program as well as several other honors societies. You just need to focus, and hang in there. You know that jock boy that you always had a crush on even though he was mean to you? Well guess what, he peeked in high school. But that's not you, you're just starting.

I think that every kind of person should attend this school because it's very welcoming and accepting. I think that if I had to choose a type of person who should not attend this school I would say that someone who is not interested in learning, growing, and only wants to hinder the success of others. There are no bad vibes at this school, and I would like it to stay that way! However, I also think it could be a good influence on a bad student.

Everyone is so smart, I feel like the dumbest person in class. Realistically I am very smart, but so is everyone else here! It's positive and negative. It's great to be surrounded by others who want to be successful too and push me to be better, but it's also frustrating sometimes.

Cynthia

My classmates are quiet in the classroom.

My classmates are quiet in the classroom.

Just go ahead and do it! Stop procrastinating! Whether it's talking to unpopular kids who sit alone during lunch, taking more AP classes, or standing up for the things that only you believe in, you should get out of your comfort zone and take the first step. You should stop worrying about what others would think about you. None of it matters. You are missing out on an opportunity that you might never have again. Peer pressure is a force that does not need to control you. Who cares if people think you're weird or different because you're friends with the disabled kids or because you decided to go against the decisions of the crowd? And what if you and other people don't think that you can be successful in AP classes? Taking advantage of the opportunity to get ahead while still in high school would have made the transition to college easier. Do not forget that only you can take charge of your life. The things other people think don't have to guide you. College isn't like high school. It's when you have to make decisions, set your goals, and be independent.

There are often long lines for services such as financial aid, counseling, and payment at the student store. It takes a long time to receive help.

Invest in community colleges. Dont be impatient and pick any ol' cal state that will take you. Get ur GE's done cost effectively then go to UCLA because you can and you will. Take your work seriously and don't get distracted. Your GPA and extra curriculars will not only get you in great schools but they will be the envy of most people who never toook school seriously and are stuck in there current situations. Always strive to out-do yourself and push ur limits while your young.

Easily the ability to transfer to a UC with a competitive GPA. UCI is a shoe-in and most southern california schools are feasible.

They have one of the best transfer rates in the state.

Kelsie

I would have to start off by saying that you are your own person. Your parents don't have to know your grades or when you have test or if you have even studied for them, it's your responsibility. When you are in high school teachers don't stress to you about getting assignments in on time. They want you to pass so that you can move on, but once you get to college, they dont accept anything late. You either turn it in on the day it's due or its a zero. You have to go on your own and find tutoring for that class. In high school teachers concentrate on the wrong aspects of what college will be. It's not something to be scared of but college shouldnt be taken lightly. Worry about yourself and your future, dont worry about everybody else around you.

Erin

IVC is known as being a very prestigious community college in California.

IVC is known as being a very prestigious community college in California.

If I could go back I would tell myself that although it may be hard, I will get through community college. I would encourage myself to work hard and perservere when school got tough. Although I had trying times, my time so far at college has been a huge growing experience and I would not want to lose what I have found in this time.

My advice to prospective students would be to work as hard as you can to get all general education done as quickly as possible. It can be difficult to get involved socially but I encourage future students to meet new people and talk to people as much as they can. If you can do those things your time at IVC will be very beneficial ;ike mine was.

Irvine Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.