Irvine, CA
Irvine Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Irvine Valley College

Sara

I think if I had the opportunity to go back in time as a high school senior with all of the knowledge that I have gained as a student, the advice that I would give myself would be to keep on excelling. I had made it my goal to get into college and to use my education as a means of achieving success in my life and although it had taken me a while to realize and appreciate all the success a great work ethic can get you, perhaps I would have made myself aware of that fact sooner.

I have studied at a university and I feel that for a community college I am receiving an equivalent if not better education. There is a much higher teacher-student ratio and we students are given so many resources that allow us to succeed in school.

I would have to say that it is slightly out of the way. I do not live very far from Irvine but without a car traveling around Orange County can be quite tideous. Also sometimes I need to stay after classes to study and this means I have to either postpone errands or arrive later than I'd like at home.

I would tell myself that AP classes do matter, and it is worth taking the time to do the work in high school, so that you can save time in your college career. Also, I would tell myself that it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be to start taking college classes. I thoguht all of the classes would be a lot harder than they turned out to be. And when you do get a hard class, just keep perservering because you will make it through with a good grade if you keep giving it your best.

Register on time so that you get the classes you need, at the time that work for you, and hopefully the best teachers. Also, ALWAYS use ratemyprofessor.com! Some of the reviews are silly, but for the most part very true and it will help you pick a teacher that works with your learning style.

Teachers are great and really care about helping you succeed!

Maira

Not too sure what is IVC best known for. Personally, I like going there because classes are not as impacted as they are in other community colleges I've attended. Also, the class schedule accomodates my dates and times of availability for online and on campus courses.

I would tell myself to continue taking math classes even after you complete your required classes in order to graduate because you will still need to meet college math requirements. I would also enourage myself to take college classes my senior year to get familiar with the campus and college life.

The worst issue with going to school would have to be how costly it is becoming. With tuition increasesing it is hard for many students to stay encourage to attend. Along with tuition fees increasing there is the cost of books that is outrageous. Most classes require textbooks that cost more than the the class itself, even used textbooks.

Gerald

Coming from high school I would have told myself to prepare for a bigger change then you know. School pushes you harder in college and at the same time it changes who you are and helps you mature. I was not prepared for how big of a change it was just transitioning to a junior college so if i were to have chosen a four year univversity I would have told myself that the change will be even greater.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who feels they will benefit at a smaller school and are very academically inclined because the classes are harder than most junior colleges in the area.

When my friends ask me where I go i tell them I go to Irvine Valley College. I enjoy informing them that they have the number one transfer rate in Orange County and that they have the number 3 transfer rate in California.

Anita

Irvine Valley College is a great place to start your college career because the courses, instructors and environment are very beneficial to a student's progress while they are learning.

I think the most important piece of information to give a high school senior before they enter into their college career would be that college is such a different experience than the high school years. The college student is definitely faced with a higher financial situation over the cost of tuition, books and the other personal costs of living, so be prepared to have enough money to spend on necessary materials for a successful college experience. College is definitely more of an independent stage in a person's life when they have to start making their own decisions about when and how to study for these harder classes than highschool, when it is a good time to hang out with friends or when it is not because nobody will be there to tell you differently. It is all up to you. So you must be prepared, smart and responsible.

I think the most frustrating thing about Irvine Valley College is the amount of sessions provided to students to take for classes they need in order to transfer. I think if they had more teachers and more opportunities offeredto take the classes it would help.

Christine

Is third for the highest rates of transfer in California.

Is third for the highest rates of transfer in California.

Make sure that you get your stuff together ahead of time. Go see your counselor before signing up for classes, apply for financial aid as soon as possible, and make sure to aim high for your goals. Make sure to do the best you can, and do as well as you can because the competition out there is fierce, and you need to be ready for it.

This school is not limited to one type of person, or one kind. Anyone should come if they think that going back to school would be beneficial for them, and anyone is welcome.

Irvine Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.