Grand Rapids, MN
Itasca Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Itasca Community College

melissa

ENJOY High school, take advantage of ALL the scholarships, if you got the talent in sports use it to your advantage save LOVE for later when your done with school where you wouldnt have to depend on anyone and know that you will be able to take care of yourself. Take risks dont let no one control you, you are the only one who can make your dreams come true, and no one makes you do anything or make's the choices for you. You listen and YOU have the choice to say yes, or no. Keep your mind on track keep playing ball use it to your advantage, you love the sport why not use it to your advantage.. And do not wait until the last minute, because your the only one who can figure out the way and make things happen for your self. Just keep your mind on track and you will go far, either close to home or far away you can always go back. Good Luck.

Nicholas

First thing I would have to tell myself would be to apply for scholarships like there's no tomorrow. Even if I got a big scholarship to start with, I'd still like to have all my schooling paid for, especially at the university. Second thing I would tell myself would be to branch out to try different activities and be more social. I didn't do much during my high school years, and I've regretted it ever since. Third thing I would tell myself would be to not worry about taking college classes, but also to not let myself procrastinate. The transition from high school to college is just like going between any grade. You think it's tough, but it's not all that bad. Of course, homework deadlines can still spring out of nowhere, so you can't let that catch up. Last thing I'd tell myself would be to take Calc II instead of Calc I when I first go to college. College Calculus isn't any more difficult than high school Calculus, and Calc I was just a waste of money for me.

This is definitely a great school for anyone looking to get a degree in engineering. I know there's also some emphasis on forestry and nursing, but a good portion of the campus is directed towards engineering students. If you're looking to get an engineering degree, but don't want to go through the weed-out classes, this is the place to go. Here, the teachers make an excellent effort to make sure you learn the materials and get the right preparations for a career in engineering. I couldn't think of a better start than here.

I can't really think of much that's specifically frustrating about this school other than the typical thing you could find at any school, like potential floods of homework. However, the engineering program has quite a bit of experimentation going on, and while there's nothing wrong with finding new learning methods, sometimes you have to bear with it to get through anything that doesn't work well. With our Engineering and Professional Development class, for example, we learn different concepts of an engineering career, but when it doesn't work well, complaints are heard from other students.

Itasca Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.