Ithaca College Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

It's very accessible at Ithaca. You want to live it up this weekend? Well, that's very doable. We have house parties, clubs and bars in town, dorm room parties, and Cornell's right around the corner to provide you with Greek life partying (although you may need to know someone or be pretty persuasive to actually get in, they've been cracking down on the amount of Ithaca students who party with them.) The worst parts of the social scene is the weather! It's usually FREEZING at night, so come party clothes, some outfits are just not doable because it's too damn cold for that mini skirt you've been dying to wear (or you just brave the cold and wear a huge parka.) Also those hills really throws girls off, it's not easy hiking up a hill in 4 inch heels! Another con to partying here is the lack of organization. If you're trying to hit up Ithaca parties, your night will sound a little like this: "Penn Street's throwing down--wait, no, East State's definitely having something--oh shoot, I actually think it's Senaca that's having the party..." That's basically how it goes every Friday night.

Lance

This is a short peek around the Union’s Lunch offerings.