Portland, OR
ITT Technical Institute-Portland

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend ITT Technical Institute-Portland

Morgan

After visiting the compus of ITT Technical Institute-Portland I would say they are really smart; there is a poster of names with high grade-point-average and perfect attendance which unlike me because I haven't been to class in seven years.

My college experience started when I was in high school I took an honors class and college prep program and later on I went to Portland Community College to take refresher courses. All that has done for me is read more books; I am member of a book club and those books have helped me tremedously. I pay down my credit cards when they were at there limits because of my book I pay down cards. I will use it to pay down student loans too.

I wish I had known how much it costs and admission policy; I had to take a test to get in and it costs almost fifty thousand to go.

Jessicca

If I could go back in time, it would be fantastic and unbelievably sad all at once. I would be a 28 year old bartender looking at a 18 year old soccer star with a 3.7 GPA asking myself "What happened?" I would say; (and not in this order) "Someone please teach me the importance of having credit and what it means." "Go to college and don't quit, because your friends will pass you up in life." "Be kind to everyone, because life is short." "The freedom you get when transitioning, shouldn't be abused. You may not get another shot." "Envision yourself in 10 years with/without a degree. Now..which is more appealing?" "Look for EVERY scholarship you qualify for, and stay up until 2am if needed and apply." "Don't give your everything to someone, when your only an option to them." "Nobody likes a party girl/guy." "Don't abuse your parents gracious love." And last but not least..."Even if your brother becomes a heroin addict, and destroys your family... well you Jessicca, can and WILL, still make it and be a success.

Forgive me for being blunt, but I have attended other colleges before, and most likely, I will never use knowledge obtained in some of the required classes needed in other schools as opposed to ITT Technical Institute in my future as a paralegal. Also, the structure. They tell you what classes you will be taking each round, and you can see it all on paper and envision yourself after you've completed the program.

Katherine

Don't quit! Don't allow life to get in the way of YOUR dreams and YOUR desires. If you are not sure what those dreams really are then just keep learning until you find The nitch that you want to make yours. Just because you want a non traditional job, does not mean that you should not have it, that you can't be good at it! Take control of your life and do what is right and good for you! Stay in school and prove to yourself that there is value in your life.

I have 25 years experience in telecommunications and after a department wide layoff, I could not get a job in my field of expertise without a degree. ITT Technical has provided a focused education in my field; assisted in job testing and placement; made financial assistance available and provided me encouragement to complete my education and to stand up proud of my life's accomplishments. Returning to school after 35 years absence was very daunting. My first quarter grades of an A and 2 B's helped to prove to myself that I really did still have it.

A young person who is NOT focused on their future should not apply for school here. ITT Technical requires most of the same curriculum as other 2-4 yr institutions, but it does not have the time for disruptive teenage partiers who want to continue skating thru life on daddy's money. Most students here are about getting a degree in their profession and are fast tracking to get it.

Troy

The school has a process that allows graduate?s the opportunities to take a class over again when they have graduated from the school at no cost to them. They are also able to take the class even if it doesn?t cover the course content as when they took it. Once you start with in ITT Tech you are able to use services at every campus and not just the one you started at.

Don't allow others to change your mind on what you choose to do with yourself.

I wished that I knew about the services that the school offered with helping students with job leads, housing leads, and the opportunity to transfer to aanother school with out losing any studies.

Richard

It is a school that encourages teamwork and is easy to make friends in. This school also is focused speciffically on what i want to do which is computer programming. Learning how a program works and is made is unique to other schools.

Save up money and don't spend the money you recieved from your senior party all at once. College is going to cost a lot and if your goal is to get a bachelors degree, you need to be able to pay off your first two years no problem. Apply for scholarships earlier in the year and not wait until the last minute to apply. The money offered from those scholarships would be a great help to paying off your loans. So use your money wisely and save what you can for college.

I wish i had known the cost of the two years i am attending and wished i save up more money for college.

• $0

ITT Technical Institute-Portland administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.