Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette

Tasha

A lot of the professors at Ivy Tech are also professors at Purdue or they used to- and they always say that they prefer working for Ivy Tech. They say that atmosphere is a lot more relaxing than Purdue along with how they choose to teach the curriculum. Ivy Tech is really all about wanting their students to graduate with the greatest success possible and they make sure to give their students all the resources that they need.

Baylee

I like Ivy Tech. The teachers are easy to get along with, and they seem to really care about how you are, not only in the classroom, but outside as well. I feel like it is an overall safe place to learn, and I have only completed one semester there, but I will most likely recommend this option to my friends that are still undecided. the only thing I would change would be to add more clubs and activities as a way to make friends with similar interests.

Ivy Tech Community College of Lafayette is a good school. It is always clean and always seems to be something going on. I never have any trouble finding someone to help with tutoring if I need it and the LRC is a great place to go and study. The cafe is small but has good food and there is a variety of nearby options to go and grab something to eat.

Dean

Ivy Tech Community College - Lafayette is a great opportunity for many students of different backgrounds. It's diverse learning institution with many academic opportunities. For those who are looking for athletics not need attend this location unless okay with settling with interdisciplinary sports through the local YMCA. Most of the faculty are helpful, but you do have a handful that send you elsewhere. The class sizes are excellent, allowing small groups to be taught rather than large classes.

Erick

When I first attended Ivy Tech I had a 2.48 GPA from high school. It wasn't enough for me to go to my dream university "Full Sail University." I decided pursue a software development degree. My first day in IvyTech was amazing! I got to meet new friends who has the same passion like me. There are also groups where you can join study sessions with and able to connect with your instructors when you need it. I had no problem with my first semester. I couldn't find anything wrong about IvyTech because counselors are always worried about you if you are failing classes and tries to work some things out for you. They track your progress and make sure you are having a great semester.

Brock

Very easy for students needing flexibility. They made sure I had everything I needed as far as financial aid and class availability. I was able to add my courses to my schedule easily and knew exactly which courses I needed so as not to mess up my degree plan.

I love it here compared to the large university I was at before. The classes are more personal, flexible class times, and the students are all nice. I like that it is not as high strung as some universities and it helps a lot if you have depression or anxiety. I left an Ivy League university for this place because I needed it and it has really made a huge difference in my life. I think anyone who needs to manage work, life, and schooling should most definitely go here. I take both online and in class courses and it has made a huge difference on my mental well being because I am not constantly stressed about balancing and affording my bills due to the flexibility and work time these courses offer.