Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast

Joseph

I attended Ivy Tech for two years, where I received an Associate's in Liberal Arts before transferring to a four year school. It is a community college, and I went here because it was the cheapest option. I truly feel that I received a great education. The school is not always adequately funded or staffed, but the faculty that is there largely consists of great people who love what they do and want to make a difference in the lives of their students. I was able to get 63 credits that all transfer to my next school, as well as being involved in a local literary magazine, a global studies program, and a cutting edge honors society. The total experience has been great and has definitely prepared me for the next steps of my life.

My overall opinion of Ivy Tech Community-College northeast is 3 stars because of the following. The facilities could use an upgrade, especially Harshman Hall. I do think it has a nice campus overall, easy transportation between the two campuses. The faculty are great, some of the teachers I have had made sure I was understanding the topic, some of the professors take a boring subject and create some fun out of it. I think the athletics at Ivy Tech are in its infancy due to the fact that there is 1 mens basketball team. I do think though since there is only 1 team make it co-ed, not restrict it to just men, or create a womens team. I am currently planning on transferring to another school, but Ivy Tech provided me with my freshman year courses at a lower tuition rate so by the time I go to school this fall I will not be in debt.

Jacklynn

Ivy Tech is a great community college school. Really affordable and the best part about it is having help available around the clock. You will get help!!! They make sure you're on track and help you any way they can. They work around your time and schedule which is awesome!

Taeler

I absolutely love Ivy Tech. My academic advisor is chair of the education program. She is readily available to answer any questions or concerns I have. My professors are amazing. The online classes aren't that bad either. The staff is willing to help in any situation. Overall I give the school a 4/5 stars!

I love it! everyone is so kind and welcoming and it really makes me feel at home. I am very comfortable going to school and very safe as well. im never afraid to ask question and am encouraged to get involved. i am blown away but how welcoming and understanding my teachers and staff are.

Alivia

Ivy Tech is a great place to further your education. The classes are small and the teachers are always available to help with any questions you may have. I am mostly at the Public Safety Academy for most of my classes, and I feel safe and am allowed to connect with students that have a similar career field interest. I have been very impressed with my first semester at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast ,and I can't wait to continue to further my education.

Enola

Ivy Tech is always available to help you out. The teachers there want to help you and watch you succeed. And it’s not just a school. They always have activities to enjoy and constantly trying to get students involved in the school. With how much they try, there sure are results. The people that go to Ivy Tech are there to learn and ivy tech really does help them get to where they want to go.

Majessica

I've had a fairly positive experience at Ivy Tech so far. I do think that some of their classes are not relevant to the degrees but I do think that they have dedicated teachers who try hard to educate everyone as best as possible.

Rebeqa

Ivy Tech has been described as a degree factory. I began attending for the affordable cost and transferability of credits. I quickly realized that, although I was saving money, I was not getting my money's worth. Overall, the teachers are more focused on their own lives that the student's success. For example, one of my teachers changed the answers on every person's tests so that we all had 100%. She informed us that is how her class is guaranteed to continue next year. When I reported this to my counselor and asked to switch classes I was brushed off. Indifference runs rampant here. As this was not an isolated event, I refused to put money towards a half-baked education. It is a good school if you are trying to get a certificate or a quick job; otherwise, take your education seriously and attend elsewhere.

My overall opinion of Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast is great! I love the class sizes, the options given for the many majors available, and the class time/day options! It is perfect for my full time work schedule. I have never met a faculty member without a smile on their face and the ability to help!

samaria

My overall opinion about ivy tech is that they are very organized and their labs are amazing and the campus is beautiful. the classrooms are amazing the teachers are there to help 24/7 and the staff is always around for guidance and the students are coo l too.

Dorothy

Ivy Tech Community College - Northeast changed my life. The facilities are not decadent, and the student experience is not as luxurious as at other schools, but Ivy Tech has something other schools do not: people who care. I owe much of my success later in life to the dedicated professionals at Ivy Tech. What this school lacks in glamor is makes up for in heart and it changes lives.

Casey

Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast is a very good school. While there is no on-campus housing, there are plenty of off-campus housing areas nearby. Each of the campuses has an eatery that produces some pretty good food. There are plenty of student life activities and student organizations. Most of the classes are pretty small, so the professors are more readily available. Overall it is a pretty good setting!

Shaunella

I enjoy the college and it’s many activities. I chose this college because I’d hands on learning and the staff are friendly and accessible. I would recommend this college to anyone. Class sizes are great and parking is spacious. Anyone looking to attend should check this particular college out .

Samuel

Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast is just one of many Ivy Tech Community Colleges in Indiana. With this one situated in Fort Wayne there is a ton of activities to do not just with the school but with the community. The school itself offers great academics and looks out for their student no matter what.