Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ivy Tech Community College

Kathy

I would have gone straight into college after graduating from high school. I have two children and went back to obtain my Medical Assistant diploma. It was hard enough working and going to school, but also raising two children on my own. I was divorced when my youngest was eight years olds. But, I made it through that. I then had to put my school on hold until she graduated from her high school. I now am fifty-one years old and started back in college to obtain my nursing degree. If I had gone to college all those years ago I would be living a nice life right now. But, none the less, I am going back and will finish my degree. It is alittle odd going to school with your teenage daughter. We both are going for our degree in nursing.

They keep changing the textbooks every term, the cover might look different but, the information inside the book is the same. You can't resell your books when this happens. When taking an on-line class, some of the instructors will not respond to your e-mails that you sending asking them a question.

People who are not serious about their education, or ready to put your life on hold for awhile and do all the studing required. Sometimes people enroll just to get the loans, then drop out after receiving the money.

Candis

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself then I would have told myself to go straight into a four year institution. Although attending a two year institution first is better financially the transition is harder especially with a child. Had I attended a four year college from the beginning I would not have to move my daughter into a brand new environment during the same time she will be starting school. Now I have to move to entirely different city away from all of my family and support system. I know my child will benefit in the long run from me finishing my degree in a field that I am passionate about but short term she will more than likely be sad and emotionally impaired.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that we do not have any Sororities available at the 2 year institutions. I feel this way because I would really like to join one but I will have to wait until I transfer to a four year institution.

When I brag to my friends about school I brag about the teachers who can relate and understand that everyone has a life outside of school and that they are very flexible if you talk with them! I brag about these because I am a full time student with a part time job and a three year old child.

Knowing whati know i now i would make many changes. I would make better study habits for my self through out high school. I would also prepare better by deciding what i would like to do for the rest of my life sooner that i did. it would make my college life go much smoother.

There arent many extra curricular activities. There arent many things bad about this school.

Students that are interested in a large student body. Also students that are looking to be apart of living on campus and living in dorms.

Karolyn

Talented, creative, and hope filled friends wanting to better themselves and their community.

My school is best known for opportunity and helping individuals start their education.

I took my senior year at a two year community college in Indianapolis, Indiana. I had a love for learning but became burned out once I made it to my last senior semester of high school. I wish I could of told my self to not look at the present but instead look at the future. A support group, positive friends, and self motivation are key elements for a students future. I would of also told myself that college can be exciting and a great experience, but to keep priorities first.

Ciarra

If I can go back in time to talk to myself as a senior. I would have said to pay more attention to the teacher when the teacher was teaching the class. I know I had a daughter as a junior and this is not alone for me anymore it?s to show her that mommy can still take care of business to get the job done. When I get to college it is a lot different from high school. You cannot be going to sleep in class and day dreaming. College is fun but you don?t have someone to hold your hand to say do your work on time. This is why I am now an adult. I would say you can do it when you put the time in an effort.

Desire'

I would say that my classmates are versatile and they all have positive attitudes.

If I could go back into time and see myself as a senior knowing what I know now I would tell myself not to panic and to take a deep breath. I would tell myself that this year is going to go faster than it may seem and that graduation is right around the corner. I would tell myself to prepare myself more for college and that although I may have four classes total I still need to stay focused in those classes and use the extra days when I?m not in school to study hard. I would also tell myself that just as fast as the big day approaches so does the next year so even if I don?t know what college I want to go to, plan to go to community college because a leap year or a leap semester is not acceptable.

A person who doesnt really know what they want to do just yet or they havent decided on what college they want to go should attend Ivy Tech Community College. Or students in their senior year who may only have one or two classes and are wanting to get ahead start.

Lanesha

My classmates are very mature and helpful, they are role models because most of them seem to be really organized in the way they handle work , school, and everyday life situations.

If I went back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would start telling myself from the beginning of the school year that I could get into college. I would tell myself to stop worrying about the boys and trying to make everyone else happy. I know now that all the things I was worried about back then don't matter as much now. Im would also make sure I applied to all my colleges early so I had more options. I remember I really waited to the last minute to think about going to college, which I really regret doing. I was the first member of my household to actually go to college and none of us really knew where to start. I think that if I knew what I know now I would have definely prepared a lot more then I did. That is why now I am really trying to help my little brother for his success in college because I know how confusing the first year can be.

What I brag about the most is the fact that I get one on one time with my teachers, and the teachers know who I am personally and academically. It helps alot because if iIever need a question answered I am able to reach my teacher in a timely manner and not risk being behind in class.

If I could go back in time and give myself better advice to prepare for college I would definetly start out by making it a priority to purchase a laptop. I still to this day don't have a laptop. I utilize the public library and school labs as much as possible, often spending hours there. But having my own personal laptop would be much more convient for me since i work and am constantly on the move. Another bit of advice I would give myself is to obtain a job that requires me to work the 3rd shift. I recently started working that shift and scheduled my classes for afternoon. This has helped out my studies so much because while on the job at night I am able to do my assignmens and stay up on my reading with no distractions. Third shift isnt for everyone but it works well for my situation.

This school is for the average working class student. No matter what age, if you are maintaining a job and a family but want to further your education then this is the school for you. They really work with your schedule and the cost is easy to work with.

A person that plans to be in school for years and years and not have a family life or major job should think about attending a four year university instead.

Marina

Ivy Tech is best known for its flexible class times and the different majors and concentrations you can pick from for a degree program.

I would tell myself that college is not as scary as people try to make it seem. Just be determined and keep your motivation to succeed. Study hard and never give up no matter how hard the class may seem. Get tutored if you need to and keep your head up about your success.

I wish I would have known about the flexibility of the class times. Ivy Tech Community College is a wonderful school to attend. They have classes all day from 7am to 12 midnight.

Misty

Ivy Tech is a great learning experience and they work hard to make sure you understand and do not fall behind.

There is a diverse range of age and gender wrapped up in a great college.

College is a great learning experience and you will need a degree to get a good job to raise a family. Life is hard and family is important and I want you to be able to enjoy life and not struggle. Do not wait to go to school now is the time! Life is too short to waste, jump on the opportunity now!

Ivy Tech Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.