Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ivy Tech Community College

Knowing whati know i now i would make many changes. I would make better study habits for my self through out high school. I would also prepare better by deciding what i would like to do for the rest of my life sooner that i did. it would make my college life go much smoother.

There arent many extra curricular activities. There arent many things bad about this school.

Students that are interested in a large student body. Also students that are looking to be apart of living on campus and living in dorms.

Karolyn

Talented, creative, and hope filled friends wanting to better themselves and their community.

My school is best known for opportunity and helping individuals start their education.

I took my senior year at a two year community college in Indianapolis, Indiana. I had a love for learning but became burned out once I made it to my last senior semester of high school. I wish I could of told my self to not look at the present but instead look at the future. A support group, positive friends, and self motivation are key elements for a students future. I would of also told myself that college can be exciting and a great experience, but to keep priorities first.

Ciarra

If I can go back in time to talk to myself as a senior. I would have said to pay more attention to the teacher when the teacher was teaching the class. I know I had a daughter as a junior and this is not alone for me anymore it?s to show her that mommy can still take care of business to get the job done. When I get to college it is a lot different from high school. You cannot be going to sleep in class and day dreaming. College is fun but you don?t have someone to hold your hand to say do your work on time. This is why I am now an adult. I would say you can do it when you put the time in an effort.

Desire'

I would say that my classmates are versatile and they all have positive attitudes.

If I could go back into time and see myself as a senior knowing what I know now I would tell myself not to panic and to take a deep breath. I would tell myself that this year is going to go faster than it may seem and that graduation is right around the corner. I would tell myself to prepare myself more for college and that although I may have four classes total I still need to stay focused in those classes and use the extra days when I?m not in school to study hard. I would also tell myself that just as fast as the big day approaches so does the next year so even if I don?t know what college I want to go to, plan to go to community college because a leap year or a leap semester is not acceptable.

A person who doesnt really know what they want to do just yet or they havent decided on what college they want to go should attend Ivy Tech Community College. Or students in their senior year who may only have one or two classes and are wanting to get ahead start.

Lanesha

My classmates are very mature and helpful, they are role models because most of them seem to be really organized in the way they handle work , school, and everyday life situations.

If I went back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would start telling myself from the beginning of the school year that I could get into college. I would tell myself to stop worrying about the boys and trying to make everyone else happy. I know now that all the things I was worried about back then don't matter as much now. Im would also make sure I applied to all my colleges early so I had more options. I remember I really waited to the last minute to think about going to college, which I really regret doing. I was the first member of my household to actually go to college and none of us really knew where to start. I think that if I knew what I know now I would have definely prepared a lot more then I did. That is why now I am really trying to help my little brother for his success in college because I know how confusing the first year can be.

What I brag about the most is the fact that I get one on one time with my teachers, and the teachers know who I am personally and academically. It helps alot because if iIever need a question answered I am able to reach my teacher in a timely manner and not risk being behind in class.

If I could go back in time and give myself better advice to prepare for college I would definetly start out by making it a priority to purchase a laptop. I still to this day don't have a laptop. I utilize the public library and school labs as much as possible, often spending hours there. But having my own personal laptop would be much more convient for me since i work and am constantly on the move. Another bit of advice I would give myself is to obtain a job that requires me to work the 3rd shift. I recently started working that shift and scheduled my classes for afternoon. This has helped out my studies so much because while on the job at night I am able to do my assignmens and stay up on my reading with no distractions. Third shift isnt for everyone but it works well for my situation.

This school is for the average working class student. No matter what age, if you are maintaining a job and a family but want to further your education then this is the school for you. They really work with your schedule and the cost is easy to work with.

A person that plans to be in school for years and years and not have a family life or major job should think about attending a four year university instead.

Marina

Ivy Tech is best known for its flexible class times and the different majors and concentrations you can pick from for a degree program.

I would tell myself that college is not as scary as people try to make it seem. Just be determined and keep your motivation to succeed. Study hard and never give up no matter how hard the class may seem. Get tutored if you need to and keep your head up about your success.

I wish I would have known about the flexibility of the class times. Ivy Tech Community College is a wonderful school to attend. They have classes all day from 7am to 12 midnight.

Misty

Ivy Tech is a great learning experience and they work hard to make sure you understand and do not fall behind.

There is a diverse range of age and gender wrapped up in a great college.

College is a great learning experience and you will need a degree to get a good job to raise a family. Life is hard and family is important and I want you to be able to enjoy life and not struggle. Do not wait to go to school now is the time! Life is too short to waste, jump on the opportunity now!

Isaac

Many of my classmates are displaced workers looking for a new career; they are open and easy to talk to and are there to learn and not just trying to get by. I find it easy to get to know classmates and the professors here. Although there are some classmates who have no motivation to do any work in class, they are not a large enough group to effect others.

That is a tough question, since I had no motivation for anything back then. I would probably say what I could to spark my interest in something. I went to Post Secondary Schoold for Welding, but at the time I didn't have much interest in it either. Along with that, I would offer my younger self a group of firends who were interested in learning things rather than surrounding myself with people who were unmotivated and lacking any kind of productive interests. As much time as I might have to talk to my younger self, I doubt I could have broken through my stuborn defenses. What I would be more likely to accomplish is to introduce a better enviroment in which I could have found potential in myself. If this would have happened back then, I may have been able to see all the I could be rather than all that I currently wasn't. With this diferent view of things I would have found an interest in what ever class I may find myself in, very much like I'm able to do right now, only earlier in my life.

I like that there is a great diversity of ages and race here at Ivy Tech, and it is not uncommon for someone I don't know to talk to me, or for me to reach out and talk to someone I don't know. I also really like the classes, since they are challenging and push my to learn and think critically about the area that I'm studying. I have been to other schools where the classes are too easy and I pass them without feeling like I learned something.

Kamessa

In my opinion Ivy Tech is known for its small class sizes, and the ability for a student to trasfer to a four year college of their choice realiatively easy.

Ivy Tech was close to home and it was affordable. The school allowed me to work, go to school , and raise my son. Another thing I like is the small class sizes. It allows me to get to know my professors.

If I could go back and give my younger self any advice I think I would tell her to stay focused, be herself , and worship the adventure . Her adventure will start shortly after entering college when she will have a son, but this is something I will not tell her. Since her son will make her a better person. I would try to sit myself down and tell her that life/ college is difficult, but you have to keep your head up and roll with the punches. Her family will support her , and so will her teachers. College is a challenge that she can overcome, just ask for help. She needs to know she can speak her mind, and tell people about her life. If they choose to judge her she needs to look the other way. She will fail at something?s, but that will only make her stronger. She needs to stand up brush herself off, and put it in the past. Life is too short to beat yourself up as long as you learned something from that failure then it was a success.

Ivy Tech Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.