Indianapolis, IN
Ivy Tech Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ivy Tech Community College

Jacey

For many years, I have been told that time is precious. That it is important to make every second count before it runs out. As you get older, you look to the past and reflect on decisions made. Even regret dreams that were never followed through. For many, the realization of losing the opportunities they once grasped onto is severely depressing. What I have learned, is that time does not matter. It will continue at the same speed whether you are paying attention or not. The importance has lied within HOW; not the WHEN I chose to live my life. And equally, how I have honored time by making rational decisions. Failure maybe the key to learning, but it is not a requirement. There is no need to feel rushed into making a decision that could ulitimately be the wrong one. College has been a time for self-discovery and improvement. It has given me the opportunity to see myself as a whole and independent person. My best advice to give myself is to remember to breathe. When life seems overwhelming; take a step back to remember what you're working towards.

Courtni

Some of the people I met were only there to collect money from the state and not there to learn. They made me upset to even think that they were their to waste time. College is to better who we are and not to be taken lightly. However the older people I met were very insightful and helped me with my life choices. I thank those that gave me words of wisdom and encouragement.

College! The word is college not "a place to get away". I am a student that made it by in life not a student that slacked off but did not give it my all. If I had done more studying and trying to find scholarships I would not be in the predicament that I am in now. College is a place to grow and become one with self but also a place to realize you are alone and no one is there to hold your hand. If you do not want to do something no one will make you. A place that has frightened away many but where even more have grown to the women and men that surface the Earth we live on. Only a those who are willing to fight and make time to even attempt to graduate are congratulated those who went home, I am sorry and maybe college was not for you right now but I hope you the best. Those are things I would explain to myself so that I could understand the importance of trying to achieve higher education.

I feel like that school is a place that people who was not able to go to a 4-year school go. I also feel like the school is for those who need a seccond chance in the world. However that school was not fo me I am I 4-year college student and will push myself until I get what it is I want and where I need to be in life to succeed!

Wendy

I loved college, the teachers are very helpful. I learned responsibility and how to make things go in a timely manner. i am very much a deadline person and will push to make sure a deadline is made.

Erica

It offers flexable schedules and low prices compared to Universities.

It offers flexable schedules and low prices compared to Universities.

I have not been able to attend college yet because of unplanned events. It is very important to me to be able to attend, because it will enable me to have a great career opportunity and it will allow me to make a better life for my family.

I think the best thing is that they have a wide variety of classes to offer and also flexable scheduling. The reason I think they are the best is because it gives me a better idea of what I want to take and it also allows me to go school while my child also attends school so I do not have to get a sitter.

kristal

Ivy tech is best know for its medical program and thier competitive pricing along with the flexible hours. They are know for giving you a good quality education

If I could go back to being a college senior I would talk to myself about the importance of getting a good education as education is something that can never be taken from you it gives you a sense of accomplishment. I would also talk about the importance of good study habits and following thru. I would also think a more in depth about career choices. I would talk about following your dreams as I have always wanted to be a RN but never really knew how to go about it and I thought I couldnt do it so I would definately talk about job shadowing and getting mentors. I would make sure I had a concrete plan of where I wanted to go and how I would get there instead of being afraid of the unknown.

I think thier medical program is very comprable to the more costly universities. The credits can be transferred and the cost is much lower and the classes time are flexible they have several times to choose from

Artricia

The school professional, has a good learning atmostpher, diverse, is very clean .

My classmates very in age, are there for various reasons, the change in the economy seems to be the bigger student ratio, but all seem to be well rounded and eager to learn .

I never made it to become a senior in high school . I dropped out in the eleventh grade. I later recieved my GED as an adult with five children on board in 2000 and never really thought I would be able to attend college. I thought only those with high school diplomas could attend , imagine the joy I felt when I was excepted! So, in this chance metting I want to say. I am your future and just because you are smart now it doesn't mean you have all the answers. I was wrong, stay in school. Your friends will lead you astray, do not listen. Take what your parents; teachers say more seriously they're only there to help you succeed. Make books and the education you can receive from them your first priorty. You will have plenty of time for fun later. There are no rewrites or retakes in college, Just like there are no do overs in life. Jobs are harder to come by in the future with very little to no education and, going to college will be the only answer to securing your goals . Plus, college is a lot harder at 39.

Kristin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself one thing. That one thing would be to listen to yourself and what you want to do with your life. There are so many people who will tell you what you should/could/have to do with your life, but you are the only person who has to live with those decisions. If you just follow your heart and don't let others try to influence your life, you have no one else to blame or rejoice in but yourself. I also would tell myself to not give yourself deadlines or look at others to gauge your success or failures. Everyone has different circumstances, so just take what you are given and run with it. Be happy with your life and realize you will get there eventually, it just may take a little longer than anticipated.

How easily credits transfer in between universities from Ivy Tech. It is great having state community college because it feels geared towards both getting an Associate degree and transferring to get your Bachelor's degree. I feel the focus on success and it is very rewarding.

Someone who does not want to finish what they start.

Darah

I like the flexibility of the classes, they allow me to work full time, raise my son and get the education that I need to better the lives of those around me.

I would tell myself to learn to study, dont be so concerned about your social life that you ignore the lessons you are being taught that will ehlp you prosper in the future. Teh most important lesson that I could have learned is managing my time with balancing my social life. I would also tell myself to become more involved with the programs at school because when you feel that you are part of something you strive to do better.

I do not beleive there is any type of person that should not attend this school. With anything you do it is what you make of it.

Kathy

I would have gone straight into college after graduating from high school. I have two children and went back to obtain my Medical Assistant diploma. It was hard enough working and going to school, but also raising two children on my own. I was divorced when my youngest was eight years olds. But, I made it through that. I then had to put my school on hold until she graduated from her high school. I now am fifty-one years old and started back in college to obtain my nursing degree. If I had gone to college all those years ago I would be living a nice life right now. But, none the less, I am going back and will finish my degree. It is alittle odd going to school with your teenage daughter. We both are going for our degree in nursing.

They keep changing the textbooks every term, the cover might look different but, the information inside the book is the same. You can't resell your books when this happens. When taking an on-line class, some of the instructors will not respond to your e-mails that you sending asking them a question.

People who are not serious about their education, or ready to put your life on hold for awhile and do all the studing required. Sometimes people enroll just to get the loans, then drop out after receiving the money.

Candis

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself then I would have told myself to go straight into a four year institution. Although attending a two year institution first is better financially the transition is harder especially with a child. Had I attended a four year college from the beginning I would not have to move my daughter into a brand new environment during the same time she will be starting school. Now I have to move to entirely different city away from all of my family and support system. I know my child will benefit in the long run from me finishing my degree in a field that I am passionate about but short term she will more than likely be sad and emotionally impaired.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that we do not have any Sororities available at the 2 year institutions. I feel this way because I would really like to join one but I will have to wait until I transfer to a four year institution.

When I brag to my friends about school I brag about the teachers who can relate and understand that everyone has a life outside of school and that they are very flexible if you talk with them! I brag about these because I am a full time student with a part time job and a three year old child.

Ivy Tech Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.