Ivy Tech Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ivy Tech Community College

Aria

I appreciate the fact that the professors are almost always available to the students. In addition to this, student resources are easily accessible. It is a community college, so there aren't many organizations or clubs on campus. However, overall a great learning experience.

Brooke

I took a summer class here. The tuition is unbeatable, and the staff is immensely supportive. The application process is a snap, too. The professors are kind and intelligent in their fields, and the students are eager to learn. Ivy Tech is unique in that it brings together all kinds of students- international, graduate, non-degree-seeking, parents, and more. Everyone is welcome here, though, because we are all united in a desire to learn.

Victoria

It's a great school

Shanajee

I gave the overall rating of the school a four. When I attended Ivy Tech Community College I feel like it was a great school. I wanted to go to Ivy Tech for a year and then Transfer into a four-year university. I feel that the school is great for students who don’t want to leave home right after high school but still want to attend college. I’m an out-of-state transfer student and 31 of my credits will go with me from Ivy Tech. Academically, the school is wonderful! They provided various resources to students especially if you are willing to communicate with your instructors. Even if you don’t have a great student/professor relationship the instructors are always telling the students ways to get access to tutors on campus. It’s a community college so there wasn’t much of a campus life as far as fraternities and sororities but they do have events that are specifically for the college. They often send out emails about these events if any student decides to participate. I can’t rate the campus food because I never had it. I had weekend classes and the café isn’t open on weekends. I would’ve given the school a five but, I had a hard time leaving Ivy Tech. I met with various advisors who didn’t know much about transferring out-of-state or to in state colleges. I had to work with advisors at another campus to figure what classes I needed to take to get accepted into a four-year university. Being fresh out of high school, I didn’t know about the transferring process. I had to figure it out myself because I was given a lot of wrong information from the advisors. Other than that the school is great, I never had any other problems as far as academics, being on campus, or with my professors.

Elisabeth

I started off at Ivy Tech when I lived in Evansville. It was alright, I attended classes on campus, however the advising staff wasn't great. I never really knew what I needed to do to complete my degree, and I was always told different things from different staff. The staff at the campus in Indianapolis are the same- I was told that I was done with my degree by one member of staff, then by another that I had another year a half left.

Sara jessica

It is fine for what it is but not many people would go there unless it was one of their only options left. I like it and I am one of the few who are there no because it was a last ditch kind of thing but because I wanted to get right out in to the job market as quickly as I could.

Ashlyn

It's a great community college with incredible professors and nice class sizes. All of the classes I've taken have been great, not too easy or too difficult, and there are tons to choose from. We also have tons of opportunities to do community work.

I love my school. I'm getting a great education for a good price since I use financial aid. The atmosphere makes me more comfortable with where I'm at and the help you receive is outstanding. They offer so many tutoring options and groups that help you interact with people and have a better college experience.

Ndeye Fatou

I always like Ivy Tech. Even before I graduate from high school I already decided to go to ivy tech after my graduation. They accept my application and I was so happy because I was ready to start my new life as college student in one of the best college in the United States, Ivy tech.

Candace

This college is great if you want something on the small size and really inexpensive. The professors are great!

Madison

I love Ivy Tech and would recommend it to anyone wanting to go! The professors are always there to help and answer questions whenever you need. They provide a clean and safe environment to be in when you are there! I am very happy that I chose to attend Ivy Tech and not somewhere else.

Alexis

Ivy Tech Community College is a very nice college to attend. The main campus in Indianapolis is very big, and the Fall Creek building is new and well kept. All of my professors so far have been nice, thorough, and attentive. I can easily reach my professors during their office hours. Overall, Ivy Tech is great for a community college.

Kendra

It’s a great school and I’m excited to start my college there! Ivy tech has so many different options and I love that! Like being able to take a lot of online classes that’s going to help me a lot because I always have a crazy schedule but with online I will be able to be a full time college student!

Alexandra

The education is of minimal importance to the enrollment. Advising is terrible. Sometimes the advisors treat you like an imbecile even though there is clear potential to be brighter than they are. Every year and every visit to an advisor was a disappointment even though the advisor was never the same. Now that I am almost done there is a mass confusion about how I will finish. Dragging my courses out into more semester with fewer classes

Joan

Ivy Tech Community College is a diverse College that provides distant learning. Ivy Tech is a great school for both local and nearby neighbors to come to for a good education with reasonable tuition. What I love most about Ivy Tech is the fact that whatever stage you are in life you are welcomed to gain an education at your own pace but unfortunately international students do not get much needed assistance.

Jorge

My overall opinion for Ivy Tech Community College would be that its definitely a place to go to learn and as you work to strive for your own success. No distractions, simply come in listen, accumulate knowledge and move forward to the better future.

Brianna

Ivy Tech is a good college to go to because it offers a lot of opportunitie

Malik

Ivy Tech is a great community college. This is my first and only college I have ever attended so, I can't compare it to any other schools. Class sizes are small and the professors are active and engaging. I wish there were more clubs or groups that I would be interested in joining though. Student resources are very easy to find. There are computer labs, printers, Ivy Tech virtual library. It is also easy to set up appointments with academic advisers. Overall I'd recommend Ivy Tech Community College to anyone who is wanting to start their college career.

I'm in the American Honors Program at Ivy Tech and I love it. My advisor is such a wonderful and helpful person. The honors classes are more challenging but the professors are always willing to help you. We have fun events so we can get involved and we get to meet more students. Overall, I've had a great experience.

Tiffany

I absolutely love it here. Professors are always available. I've had no trouble finding study buddies in every class. There are so many resources available to us whether it's on campus or on MyIvy, our student website. It feels like the school is truly in the business of helping us succeed.

Timothy

I enjoy the small class atmosphere of Ivy Tech. In my field of study, Cyber Security/Information assurance, I have extremely smart and hard working professors who are pushing my career forward already. I have had some issues with professors outside of my field being a bit apathetic towards teaching, but overall it's been a good experience for my education!

Amber

I love Ivy Tech, it is a great place for people returning to school s well as people just beginning their college careers. I always feel safe on campus and the professors generally are available to respond to any needs we have in a timely manner. I'm in the American Honors of Ivy Tech and they offer extra transfer help I may need.

Kathryn

It has helped me to learn my true potential and become a leader. I have been pushed outside my comfort zone and become the best I can be. I am in two honor societies and became the president of Sigma alpha pi. The teachers actually care if their students are learning. There are a lot of ways to be involved in the school. Also most of the faculty donate to the scholarships for the students. Most everyone is nice and so helpful.

Danielle

Ivy Tech Community College appears to have great potential in creating a learning environment in which I can flourish and grow to be successful in my future schooling with them. I believe they could give me the necessary tools for being a successful member of society!

aleisha

It is a good beginning school, but I truthfully cannot wait to transfer. Most of the teachers and personnel there are very nice and will help you with anything, but as in everything there are some bad apples. All of the classes I took were great except for one which was filled with problems and a teacher who ignored everything you asked her.

Monica

I have had a great experience while at Ivy Tech, my professors have been available and have been great at answering questions or directing me to answers. This is a community college but there is still a lot of group and activities one can get involved with.

Britni

Ivy Tech is an amazing school which allows for students to receive their degree at a faster pace and half the cost of a four-year college. The school allows you to take classes online or on campus... really just depends on your learning abilities. I highly recommend Ivy Tech to anyone that plans on attending college.

Erin

Ivy Tech is one of the best community colleges. There are always events and lectures happening. We have so many clubs I can't even name them all and there is always some political debate happening in the common area. The school is deished with all these little sitting books some in corners some looking out through judge Windows. There is a lovely garden and a little pond with just as many sitting areas outside as in. So poepl e are all ways hanging around even though we have no capus housing like dorms we still feel like a very tight knight community. The resources the school provides are amazing like free tutors. The Wi-Fi is alway amazing. With the small class's sizes and dedicated teacher as well as online options it is a great learning enviorment.

Sammy

My overall opinion of Ivy Tech Community College is excellent. Ivy Tech offers so many opportunities to learn and grow as a student. Once a year students of the hospitality program are able to take part in a trip. This year students went to France and traveled all over France to see and learn about the culture and food. Without attending Ivy Tech I would not have joined The American Culinary Federation. The ACF is a nationally known network of chefs and others alike who network, share job opportunities, scholarships, competition, and yearly national conferences. Without Ivy Tech I would not be in the position I am in at my work place and would not have met all of my great friends. Thank you Ivy Tech Community College!

Kayelean

I love the faculty members at Ivy Tech, they are really nice. If you ever needed help with homework, the school has a list of tutors you can go to. All you have to do is sign up. There are a lot of places to have some study time, including the library, etc.

Haley

My overall opinion as far as Ivy Tech goes is the way that it's important to remember that there are multiple colleges around the state of Indiana where classes may only be offered at certain campuses. The best thing I love about Ivy Tevh is how affordable it is to attend and if you plan to transfer from a 2 year to a 4 year university, it can save you thousands in student loans overtime. The professors are available both inside and outside the classroom where they will more than likely be able to assist you in any way you can give successful!

Clara

Being that Ivy Tech is a community college, that made some of these questions hard to answer - such as housing on and off campus and the sports and such. That being said, I feel that Ivy Tech is an incredible college. I have never met with a person there who was not willing to do everything in their power to make sure that their students needs are met and that everyone is safe and taken care and on the pathway to success. They have been so kind and caring throughout my journey of finding who I wanted to be in life and they are always very supportive. I love my school and their outreach and sense of community.

Mark

Ivy Tech Community College is an excellent community college. In fact, I think most people overlook community colleges, seeing them as poor opportunities. Quite frankly, I think I am better off having been forced to attend a community college and work towards transferring to a 4-year university than many other students who simply go into a 4-year university right away. The ethic you find at Ivy Tech is honestly amazing, and the teacher communication is a thousand times better than what you see at most 4-year universities on the undergraduate level.

Deanna

Academically superior to other colleges I have taken classes at. The professors seem to genuinely care about the students' success. I have taken courses that cost $1,000 per credit hour, and have not gotten this quality of an education. I was skeptical at first, but I am a believer, now!

Ivy Tech Community College is a wonderful place to start of your college career. If you are looking to start at a 2 year university to either save money or spend time trying to figure out what to major in, then Ivy Tech is perfect for you. I would recommend to any college freshman to start out at a community college. It saves you money and Ivy Tech has wonderful professors who really know what they are doing. The online classes are great and organized, and the in person classes are big enough to feel fun and have plenty of good conversations, but small enough that you can get the individual help you need.

Jessy

I have to say that the enrollment facility are very helpful and the advising help by planning your major. The classes that I have taken, the teachers were very helpful. Also the teachers have it to where students can set up appointment and discuss the subjects that they are having trouble with. There is also free tutoring for your subjects that you are taking.

Shaquille

Ivy Tech seems like a great place to get an education and meet new people. My first day going to the campus, I met two great people that attend the school. I do not care too much for my adviser, but besides that everyone is very kind and supportive. I look forward to graduating top of my class and being the best at my career profession.

This isn't an awful college, its a good place to choose and keep me close to home. I was also able to keep costs down by going here. But I am afraid I was recommended classes by the advisors and they will not transfer over to the school I will be attending in the future.

Faith

Ivy Tech Community College is not just a college for students, it is for the entire community. Ivy Tech welcomes anybody from different backgrounds, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. The professor went above and beyond to make sure students succeed and learned. They have a lot of student involvement through organization such as Phi Theta Kappa that contains fellowship, service, and leadership. The college is very affordable and make sure students have an education by providing scholarships, grants, and other financial aid.

Karla

My overall opinion of Ivy Tech Community College is great, i like the environment and the help that teachers and advisory help you with. You talk to your school advisor about what goals you in mind and how could you reach to those goals, and they talk to you about how you can get to those goals and help you set those goals together.

johnathan

Ivy Tech Community College is a good stepping ladder on my way to an university. Of course the college doesn't off much because it's a community college but since I plan on transferring at the end of the school year its a good stepping ladder to get you prepared for college level courses.

JoAnn

I am currently enrolled however have not been to a class yet. I have been to 2 different locations and have both been awesome. The staff at both locations are great!! The students that I have encountered seem to be happy and I haven't heard any complaints to the system as of yet. I am super excited to get my degree here!!

Sadie

Ivy Tech Community College has a welcoming environment with outgoing staff and faculty, as well as students. All departments of the college go out of their way to do the list they can do for you. Parking and food are great and there’s always something going on for the students.

I think it's an awesome college. You can get your general ed courses out of the way for a fraction of the price of a four-year college. And it's also really close to where I live. Overall the professors are great too! There are multiple campuses, so how nice they are depends on where you go. I go to the Lawrence campus, which is decent. The IFC and Noblesville campuses are really nice.

isabelle

This is a school that would be most ideal for taking select classes for less money and then transferring out. Unfortunately this school has a poor reputation of communication and makes things very confusing and difficult for students. They charge an arm and a leg for books and so far I have only had two teachers that I have liked.

felicia

It is a great community college. I have not had a lot of issues while I have attended IVY Tech. For the most part I have had excellent teachers who actually care about me as a student. My teachers have always encouraged me to ask questions and to work hard.

kendall

I feel Ivy Tech is a great school for local and nearby neighbors to come get a good education in a thriving downtown of indianapolis indiana. I feel Ivy Tech is a great option to consider for schooling for all ages. The environment is wonderful and the people are very caring of your future.

Dietra

I have been attending Ivy Tech online and on campus classes. I really enjoy what Ivy Tech offers the curriculum, Professors and the many programs available to help you in your studies and just getting involve.The opportunities to become more than just a student is available.

Ivy Tech is very accommodating to the average working adult. They provide services that not many other colleges would be able to provide for those that are working or have families and are still trying to go to school. The faculty does their best to accommodate the students who do have busy schedules while still holding everyone to the expectation being an active learner and an exceptional student.

I love the college. Being able to transition very easily from high school to college classes. Already having that trust in my professors prior to meeting them before classes begin. Knowing how easy it is it navigate downtown Indianapolis, just going from one building and back to Avon.