Jackson College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jackson College

vickie

Jackson Community College is a great place to get a college education. There are plenty of resources available to students and the staff and professors are all very nice and helpful. The library is a nice size, there are plenty of places to get a nice meal or a snack, and there many quiet places to study.

Dylan

Jackson Community College is overall a very satisfactory school to attend. They offer a variety of classes at a number of different time in order to cater to a day or night student. Because of this I can still work full time while attending college full time.

Katie

It's got problems, but so do other colleges. For a community college, Jackson does alright and has a much better program selection than a lot of nearby community colleges have. The dorms are nicer than MSU, though that really isn't saying much and I'm definitely glad that I came here.

Cidni

My overall opinion of Jackson College is they do what is necessary for their students to succeed. Originally they were just a community college, but they changed over to a college because they decided to include dormitories and other on-campus opportunities for students who would like to have the traditional college experience, but do not have they necessary financials, or they are interested in dual-enrollment opportunities, and would like to use their programs as a stepping stone to continuing their education. Each student who lives on campus gets there personal space while being in their own room, so if you are a person who likes your personal space this would be perfect for you. This is exactly what I needed which is why Jackson college was a fit for me and I recommend that if you are a student like me Jackson College is for you.

Shajah

I love it .

bria

It’s a great school! I met some really interesting people and instructors here at Jackson. I have also joined many clubs and organizations. I have been apart of TRIO, sisters of strength, and christian student club. The Jackson College bookstore has very nice and helpful staffing their. The bookstore has a couple people on the floor to help students locate books they need for the coming semester. They usually have at least two cash registrars going and even three when the store is very busy. The store allows students to use their financial aid to purchase their needed items there. I will say be careful renting books because late fees will cost you much money for not returning or converting to purchase on time.

Kathleen

Great instructors, friendly students, good time! I currently have a 4.0 for the first semester, thanks to the instructors and great staff. I havent partaken in activities due to work, but ive heard its great! I also don't live on campus, but it looks great.

Haley

I like that I can commute from home and the teachers seem qualified. I feel when I have issues with a professor I am helpless in the situation and have to suffer through. This is odd for me because I am used to being able to take action. I really like how there are outlets in the library so I can use my laptop. The McDivitt hall has a cold atmosphere but there is art to lighten the mood. I absolutely love the American Honors Program. The staff and classes in the program are exceptional!!!

Shantel

I think that Jackson College is a great school to get started at, especially if you cannot handle normal classroom sizes. But, I do believe that around the time FAFSA and scholarships should be done that more staff and resources should show the deadlines and make it more known to the students.

Michaela

The teachers mainly talk at us and not to us. They just lecture, without challenging the students much. I also commute to class and do not find much reason to stay on campus after my classes have released. There is not much to do on campus and not many club or athletic opportunities.

Katie

The college is great. The staff are always around to help, teachers make sure that students have multiple ways to reach them and respond as soon as they are able. The newer teachers try their best to make class as interesting as they can while the older teachers are old hands at engaging students during their classes. Students have multiple places they can go to recieve tutoring outside the classroom. Student housing makes some dorms, like MSU, look like dumps. They resemble apartments more than they do dorm rooms. Security is always around to help and there is no way that anyone is going to break into the dorms with the way they have things set up. Student safety definitely feels like a priority while living there. I am beyond glad that I settled on JCC when I decided to go to community college.

Grace

I love Jackson. The small class sizes are my favorite and the campus is beautiful. During almost every class you can expect to have a class discussion and will hear about 90% of the students participate and share their own opinion. 10/10 would recommend

Darcy

Jackson college is a great place to start of your college experience. Not only to you save a lot of money for the same education, but you also get to experience the college life without the huge classrooms. There's also a lot of amazing resources that Jackson college offers like; center of student success, private study rooms, huge library, and many more. An all around great school.

Alexis

I think Jackson College is a great school, especially to get you prerequisites done. Jackson college is a great place to start if you don't want to jump right into University life right after high school. The academics are terrific and the professors are outstanding! Jackson College offers lots of helpful programs for student success; there is free tutoring and SI students. Jackson College is a great school and I would definitely recommend this school.

Emmalee

The professors are always available and willing to help whenever needed. They take the time to get to know their students, and remember them long after. Classmates are always willing to lend a hand with academics, and tutoring times are available for those who need a little extra help. Overall, the campus is welcoming and quiet.

Rosemary

The professors are either hit or miss. I have an amazing professor right now. She really cares about how her students are doing. She is an adjunct professor that works another job. Even with her busy life she still promises to meet with her students whenever as long as she has a hole in her schedule. There is also another professor that wrote "Muah Ha Ha, you knew this was gonna hurt" on his exam. There are professors that are out to fail students, but there really are some that care about your success.

Elon

I love the class sizes and the campus size. It is very diverse and culturally beautiful. I love everything about it. I would recommend it for college freshman because they are a community college that provides housing. It would be a great idea to start of there and then transfer to a four year college to get the feel of how it is to live on campus.

Adam

Jackson College is a school where the professors genuinely care about your well being and your success. The student life is one of the many high lights, with there always being a fun and welcoming atmosphere. Even though Jackson College is not a big name university, the great heart and diversity of your peers make this college an absolute pleasure to attend.

Naomi

It is fine as a community college. Most of the professors seem to care although there is the occasional one that doesn't. They are usually pretty good about injury and illness. Their bookstore is fairly terrible. If you are not on main campus there are no on campus food options.

Kathalene

Jackson College is a good school but they've canceled too many of my classes a couple days before the start date for me to give them a perfect rating, since I had already ordered my books online and received them by that time. I didn't get to take all the classes associated with my degree that I looked forward to because not enough people registered for them each semester, but on the bright side I had classes substituted so I can graduate at the same time.

Sainabou

It’s a good college to get your foot in the door. The nursing program is amazing but everything else can really be improved. Overall it’s an ok school. Housing is beautiful and very spacious and Boy get to meet different kind of people from all over the world.

savanna

Great school to get you started, you can tell they are very focused on the students experience, and wanting to improve. Each teacher I had seemed to be vested in my long term success which was very comforting. I am glad to be a part of it. It is in the middle of no where so there isn't much to do, but the classes in them self are good.

Nathan

Small but good school. Living off campus you may feel like an outsider a little bit. Good food, good teachers, and overall good experience. The college definitely wants you to succeed and pass your classes. The teachers are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

I love Jackson College. All my professors know all the material and I can ask them any question and they can give me an answer. Or rephrase something I don't understand. I love being able to go into the center for student success and have math tutors on hand to help with my class when need be. I can always email my professors and they have a quick response time.

Onnolee

I went to Jackson College for roughly three years and it was probably the worst experience of my entire life. The only positive aspect I'd take away from Jackson is the fact that I was able to decide my major. I found Jackson College to be very unprofessional, and lazy. They were constantly behind with paperwork, not notifying students of important deadlines and there wasn't enough tutoring available. I wouldn't recommend going to JC.

If it wasn't for Jackson College online programs, I would not be getting a degree. I did not attend college directly after high school. I started working, and had a family. For years I wanted to go to college, but living in a small town, with no resources it just wasn't possible. Jackson has changed my life for the better!

Alli

I have attended four semesters at Jackson College. The professors for lower level classes take attendance and give credit for attending. I am transferring to the University of Michigan after this semester and I received little to no help with the transfer process from any advisors on campus. I would not recommend Jackson College to any student looking to transfer to a four-year college to get an engineering degree.

Ean

Jackson College is a good place to start off. Jackson College is very small and it is easy to get one on one time with your professors. The professors are very good and generally, care about their students. Jackson College overall us a pretty small and average school that is good for first-time college students.