Jackson, TN
Jackson State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State Community College

Aaron

Jackson State has welcomed me with open arms since I've first enrolled. The administration offices have done their best regarding getting me registered for classes and taking care of my financial aid. They have also helped me resolve my issue with me not being able my state funded scholarship because of a past incident back at another institution. I am truly grateful for the team Jackson State has put together at this wonderful institution!

Nadia

JSCC is a great place to start out for a student fresh out of high school, or returning to school. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful. The campus is well kept. It is located in a good environment. Its small but it has a lot to offer with extracurricular activities like clubs and their study abroad program. This is my very first time attending college and overall, I love being a student of Jackson State Community College.

Donald

It’s a great two year community college. You are able to get a degree and transfer to a larger school with a lot of available help. The staff and professors are helpful and the atmosphere is great for learning. I have had a great experience so far and hope the experience continues.

Madison

Overall, I very much have pride for Jackson State Community College. There is a stereotype surrounding community colleges that my instructors fight everyday to prove wrong. The environment is safe and friendly. The instructors are beyond prepared, there to help, and have high expectations. The food and campus life is active even though it does not partake in Greek Life or have dorms, it offers many clubs and study groups, as well as peer tutoring and stress-reliving clubs during finals week. As far as academics, they have rigorous programs that have established a respected reputation with jobs and careers after graduation for many years. Overall, Jackson State Community College is a school like none other and I am proud to be enrolled here.

H R

Great college for people on a budget. Small class sizes and overall very nice professors, no campus housing as it is a community college. Few new building on campus and really growing. Great programs for people interested in a field of health sciences.

As a current Jackson State student, I believe that the school is a relatively great place to receive an Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in your intended major. Each teacher has approximately 20 to 30 students involved in each classroom setting. If a student is having trouble understanding the subject or just in need of some extra help, the student may email the teacher and set up an appointment time to fit both the needs of the teacher and the pupil. The only concern I have is the lack of interest as to whether the student will pass or fail his/her class. My advice is for the student to keep a focused mind on his/her studies and not to be so overwhelmed by the courteousness of the students. The friendliness of the place can be quite surprising to first-time students enrolling into the college. Overall, I would say that I recommend the place compared to other community colleges available all over the state of Tennessee.

Tyler
Enjoyed my time

Enjoyed the nursing program

Enjoyed my time

Enjoyed the nursing program

Jada

I wouldn't stress to much about high school work and realize that I would be on the right track making my transition to college. I would also try to have as much as I can and not worry about getting into a good school.

The worst thing about this school is that they do not hold enough social events. Jackson State does not offer to many socials for students and if they do, they aren't advertised well. If you're not from the area, you won't get to know too many people because students often hang out with people they know and don't branch out. This is the worst part about the school because there are students who don't know anyone except their professors and other students avoid people they don't know.

Someone who wants affordable college tuition and learns better in a small class environment should attend Jackson State. The professors are here to help you succeed and complete your degree. They do their best to make sure you pass their class. If you live in the Madison County area, you will most likely be in classes with people you know so it will not be a hard transition to the school.

Cheyenne

My school is best known for it's athetics.

My school is best known for it's athetics.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say would be to try and save as much money as I possibly could. Even if I was getting my schooling paid for, it would still be important to save money because right now it is costing me $4,000 dollars a year just my rent and utility bills. Also, I have to pay for food and groceries. It is an expensive lifestyle and it is money that my family does not have. I would tell myself to get a summer job and to save everything so that it would be easier on my parents because they cannot afford everything.

It is pretty small, so therefore it was an easy transition from high school to college.

Eva-angeletta

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself about college, the first thing I would say is make sure that you are serious about your education. Look into different ways that you can support yourself thru school. go to the library and find out about scholarships. Talk with your guidance councelor about what you want to do after high school. Don't worry about your home situation so much. Focus on becoming a positive person. Keep working hard and you will make it Eva. Just make sure that you stay focused and grounded in your faith.

Jackson State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.