Jackson State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jackson State Community College

H R

Great college for people on a budget. Small class sizes and overall very nice professors, no campus housing as it is a community college. Few new building on campus and really growing. Great programs for people interested in a field of health sciences.

Tyler

Enjoyed the nursing program

Madison

Overall, I very much have pride for Jackson State Community College. There is a stereotype surrounding community colleges that my instructors fight everyday to prove wrong. The environment is safe and friendly. The instructors are beyond prepared, there to help, and have high expectations. The food and campus life is active even though it does not partake in Greek Life or have dorms, it offers many clubs and study groups, as well as peer tutoring and stress-reliving clubs during finals week. As far as academics, they have rigorous programs that have established a respected reputation with jobs and careers after graduation for many years. Overall, Jackson State Community College is a school like none other and I am proud to be enrolled here.

Aaron

Jackson State has welcomed me with open arms since I've first enrolled. The administration offices have done their best regarding getting me registered for classes and taking care of my financial aid. They have also helped me resolve my issue with me not being able my state funded scholarship because of a past incident back at another institution. I am truly grateful for the team Jackson State has put together at this wonderful institution!

Donald

It’s a great two year community college. You are able to get a degree and transfer to a larger school with a lot of available help. The staff and professors are helpful and the atmosphere is great for learning. I have had a great experience so far and hope the experience continues.

As a current Jackson State student, I believe that the school is a relatively great place to receive an Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in your intended major. Each teacher has approximately 20 to 30 students involved in each classroom setting. If a student is having trouble understanding the subject or just in need of some extra help, the student may email the teacher and set up an appointment time to fit both the needs of the teacher and the pupil. The only concern I have is the lack of interest as to whether the student will pass or fail his/her class. My advice is for the student to keep a focused mind on his/her studies and not to be so overwhelmed by the courteousness of the students. The friendliness of the place can be quite surprising to first-time students enrolling into the college. Overall, I would say that I recommend the place compared to other community colleges available all over the state of Tennessee.

Nadia

JSCC is a great place to start out for a student fresh out of high school, or returning to school. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful. The campus is well kept. It is located in a good environment. Its small but it has a lot to offer with extracurricular activities like clubs and their study abroad program. This is my very first time attending college and overall, I love being a student of Jackson State Community College.

delaney

I think that Jackson State Community College is a nice college for student that want to start at a community college instead of a university right away. So far, my professors have really understanding and nice throughout my first semester of college. It is a community college that I would highly recommend.