Jackson, MS
Jackson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State University

alexis

This school is an hbcu so it really stood out because i really wanted to see what kind of environment i would fin and hinestly its been better tha expected!

I have learned that hanging out with your friends is pretty much not always the way to go. making sure you take care of your work and business you can never go wrong. Your future is just that YOURS noone can get you where you want to be except you!!

The best thing about my school is how much the teachers try to actually help you . I love it when i can find good teachers that care about my future when they see im trying my best!

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. Although the knowledge I learned in college was very important, it wasn't the only thing I gained from college. I gained leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work as a team, and a strong since of responsibility. I learned the importance of not procrastinating and why it is important to get a full night of sleep. Another thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is friendships that will last a lifetime. Attending college has been valuable because it has given me the skills I will need to successfully enter the workforce.

Doesn't have a best thing

I have learned that every single class matters and should be attended. My school's motto is "those who go to class, tend to pass," and I am a firm believer in that statement. College success is all about time management and taking advantage of any and every opportunity presented to you.

Someone who isn't prepared to work hard and has poor time management should not attend this school. It prepares you for the future with no "training wheels."

The band, our education program, new engineering program, the Biology department, and it is one of the top Historically Black Colleges/Universities in the country.

Livia

Although there has been many things I have gained from this wonderful university, there are a few things that sticks out. First, my field of study is child care. Although I have just finished my freshman year, I have already had wonderful professors that taught me valuable leassons dealing with child care. I also had other professors that was not related to child care that taught me valuable life lessons. Second, other staffs at Jackson State University has been so kind to me. The academic advisors are very patient and helpful in assisting with choosing the right classes. The councelors also has helped me in time of need in a very calm and respectful way.

I think the worst thing about my university is the neighborhood in which it is located in.

Andrew

The main concept I would hope to enlighten a younger version of myself with, would be how limitless my future could be if I do not limit it myself. By my senior year in high school, my GPA was less than 2.1 and didn?t believe that I would ever attend college. Now that I am a junior in college with a 3.2 GPA, my eyes have been opened and I see the importance of an education. The many windows of opportunity a Bachelor?s degree can open for me is well worth all of the hard work and effort exerted. According to the Commerce Department's Census Bureau, an individual with a Bachelor?s degree will earn $900,000 more in a lifetime than the high school diploma counterpart. I would share with the younger version of myself that a life without education would probably limit me to considerably lower pay and most likely intense blue collar labor. Knowing myself back then, I would see that this wouldn?t be the right path for me to pursue. I would enforce the need for a college education to the high school senior I used to be.

People interested in joining a community with a general student population interested in having a fun time. This school has many students that excel in their chosen field of interest, though the general population tend to enjoy just having a good time. There are always fun events from sports, Greek clubs, poetry nights to religious clubs. Jackson State University is a very lively and fun community.

The school isn't known for its dominance in sports, but it is known for its band. If you enjoy a well organized band that is well known within the area, then this is a school you might want to check into.

Jackson State University is best known as one of the top Historically Black Colleges in the United States.

If I could go back to high school as a senior. I would be better prepared for college mentally, physically, and financially. During high school years, everything was basically an easy way out. You spend 7-8 hours at school Monday through Friday playing and enjoying your friends' company. However, college is the complete opposite. You attend a school over a 1,000 students and the size of your classmates increase. Another breath taker is that 9 times out of 10, your professor doesn't know your name. Physically maintaning to stay in shape and eat healthy because majority of the students eat junk food or instant meals because of the time spent studying. Financially, college is expensive. High school is an free education. I wish I woud have taken advantage of that education because every extra money I receive goes toward my collge tuition. In closing, the most important advice I would give to myself is when the ball is given to you, run with it all the way to the goal, because having the ball in your hand that leads you to greatness but holding on to it after the time buzz, is worthless.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who is not focused and mature. If a student's intentions are to attend school for social activities and greek orginizations, then that student should rethink his/her goals and aspirations.

Natasha

Our school, Jackson State University, is best known for being a historical black college and also for the technology programs in which are offered.

The advice t hat I would give myself would be that, " You do not need to put school off. There is no need to put school off and let the knowldge in which you have already obtained go to waste. The quicker you get into school, the better. You are too intellent to allow it to go to waste. College is not as scary as you may think that it is. Be sure to pay attention in all the classes that you take because when you do begin college, it will come in handy. That same knowldge in which your teachers are trying to give you, is the same knowldge that will help you to get the degree in which you are trying to persue. Make sure to do your best even after you finish school because you never know when you might need it later on."

The type of person that should not attend this school is anyone who would not like to obtain further knowldge.

Adrian

Jackson State University is an HBCU located in Jackson MIssissippi, it is a medium-sized campus containing people from all over the country.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give advice to myself, i would tell myself fill out as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to practice reading and studying to prepare for the life as a college student. I would tell myself to quit procrastinating and putting things aside to finish what is important. I would alo tell myself to relax, stressing isn't the way to go. This is the advicei would tell myself if I had the chance to go back in time.

A person who plans on attending this school should be more outgoing rather than introverted, the person should be prepared to be in a more "country-style" environment, the person needs to have determination, and the person should have the ability to finish everything on time.

Arreyona

If i could go back in time and give myself advice from what I know now about college life, I would advise myself to apply for numerous scholarships, handle my time wisely, take the ACT early as possible, and also i would advise myself to give my all and stay active. I would advise this to myself because now that i havent applied for numerous scholarships I am struggling to find funding for my schooling. If i would have handled my time wisely and taken the ACT sooner I would not be having a problem with my schooling. If I would have giving it my all in my high school days I would not have to stuggle with the problems I am trying to minimize now as a college student.

The worst thing about my school is dorm life. It wouldnt be so bad if we were all giving the opprotunity to live in a suite. The sophmore dorms are horrible. The school does not even have apartments on campus. I think that housing should step it up a little and supply the students with better living. The freshmen dorm even had mold growing in the dormitory, and it took forever to get the heating turned on during the winter.

The most fustrating thing about Jackson State University is the finiancial aid part. Majority of the students have major problems with getting their funding right, and often many people are mis lead. In the financial aid some may b e told one thing and they end up having to owe more than 1,000 dollars to the schoool because the funding was not enough. Then the students get discouraged and want to drop out because they can not afford the schooling.

Tiffani

Jackson State University is one of the many Historically Black Universities in the United States. Designated by the Carnegie Mellon Foundation as a research-intensive university, Jackson has more than 90 undergraduate, master's and graduate degree programs. It was originally founded with 20 African American students in 1877 and now has a diverse student population of over 8,000 students.

Tiffani take advantage of the extra-curricular activities and experiences available to you right now, I would tell myself, if I could go back to my senior year. It's important to give to your community without expecting pay. I would advise myself that being an example through service is more important than making a paycheck through traditional employment. I would also tell myself to take time and learn, not memorize for test, but really apply what I am reading to see how it affects myself and those around me. I would not rush through assignments, half do assignments, but really put my best foot forward with everything I do. Most of all, I would tell myself to enjoy the homecooked meals my mom cooked for me!!!! I would tell myself to enjoy the freedom of being young and irresponsible. I would not worry about buying books, washing clothes and finding food.... I would appreciate home.

I don't feel that Jackson State gets the federal funding it deserves. The buildings are in need of repair, many programs that are offered at larger Universities are not available at Jackson because of the cost to run them. I would like to see more opportunities for students available through Federal funding and private companies.

Jackson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.