Jackson, MS
Jackson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State University

Esterica

Jackson State University is a school of loyalty, respect, pride, excellence, and change.

To any parent/student, my advice to you on finding a great college is to look at the background of the school. By looking at the history of the school will give you an idea of how you or your child will benefit from the school. Another advice is to set up an appointment to where you can visit the school. By doing this you will know how well you or your child will interact on campus. Pay close attention to the academic programs and how the clean the campus is. Also pay attention to the students and faculty. You can also rate the school and compare it to the other school.

My school, Jackson State University, has a wonderful academic program. All of the instructors and tutors welcome students in the classrooms and work with them until they understand the information that is giving to them.

Terraceta

I would tell students and their families to do all their research. You should know everyting you can possibly know about the school you plan to attend. The more you know about the school the easier the adjustment will be. I would also recommend that you visit the campus so you can get a feel for the school and learn your way around.

I lived in the same city and I already knew pretty much everything about the school.

Tresleon

Jackson State is Mississippi's only urban university located in the heart of our state's capital. Jackson State is unique in comparison to the other schools that I considered because of the nurturing family oriented atmosphere. At JSU, there is such a strong sense of school spirit and unity. There is so much pride in the rich history and legacy that it is manifested in our academic and extra-curricular activities. This is something that I believe is rare in many schools and a quality that distinguishes my school from the masses. JSU consistently challenges minds and changes lives.

According to William Lowe Bryan, ?Education is the one of the few things a person is willing to pay for and not get.? Unfortunately, these sage words are reflective of some and in fact depict a grave reality for many. Yearly,students enroll in schools that are not condusive to their personality which results in parents funding education that is not received. Therefore, I would advise parents and students alike to be very careful in their selection. Education is so essential to future achievements that is vital that one choose the right institution for advancement. So many times indivdiuals opt for institutions based on names and stereotypes, however, this is not recommended at all. This leads to poor decisions that could affect the individuals matriculation. Students, choose a college that is designed to accomodate you - not only as a student but as a person as well. The university of your choice will be your prospective home and it is important that you are well adjusted and that you take advantage of the opportunites that lie ahead of you. College life is an experience that will be reflected in memory for years; therefore, the decision process should be handled accordingly.

The most frustrating thing about Jackson State is the lack of financial aid available. Even though I am a recipient of financial aid, it frustrates me that my university is unable to fully cover many of the students that are unable to pay. Because so many of the students at my publicly funded university are awarded finacial aid, often time a good majority of students are left with balances due to the lack of resources that we are given by the government. It is my hope, that in the future we are allocated more funds to educate all students.

Resheda

Just to make sure culture and diversity is a big part of campus life.

Just to make sure culture and diversity is a big part of campus life.

The best thing about my school is the culture and the friendlyness of the staff and students.

I brag about the athletic and the greek organizations. Also the job oppurtunties and fairs that we are offered throughout the year.

Aaron

Jackson State University is best known for their academic skills. Students come from all over the country to participate in this historically black college. Students here socialize very well with each other even if you are new. They welcome you with open arms in to this great school.

Make the best choice that you can. When you are finding the right college try to start early in high school in your sophmore and junior year. One advice is going to college having friends are the most experience you'll get with socializing with people.

The opportunities I could have pursued. One being in the band which is now part of past since my high school days. I would have loved to have more art experience going into the graphic design field. I have learn how to draw very important details on immense techniques in class and out of class.

My classmates are very motivated and trying to become someone in life.

My classmates are very motivated and trying to become someone in life.

I think you should research all the college choices that they feel they would like.

Anyone who would like to live in a friendly south environment. Its a great school as far as academic wise. We also have a great band( Sonic Boom of the South).

Rebecca

Visit the college, or at least speak with students online or over the phone. College is the biggest investment of your life, it dictates many things about the rest of your life upon completion. Go to a school and if you don't like it transfer because you need to graduate. It is a lot easier to graduate from a school that you enjoy.

The lack of academic rigor.

A person that did well in high school and did well on standardized test, i. e. SAT, ACT, etc.

Dennis

I would absolutely advise them to begin looking at colleges at the beginning of their senior year! When they finally arrive at the college of their choice, it's important to get their priorities in order! Organization and time management is so important in college. Stay organized, attend classes regularly, get to know your professors, study hard, and greatness will surely follow!

The only thing that I wish I would've known more about before coming to Jackson State University is the Elementary Education program. I came in as a Biology/Pre-Med major, and it wasn't until my sophomore year that I switched my major to Elementary Education, where I belonged all along!

I brag about the fact that our school is very research-oriented and that student morale is really high. In essence, we are one big family here at JSU, and I don't think too many schools can say that.

Lillian

My classmates are very intellegent , polite, and understanding people.

My classmates are very intellegent , polite, and understanding people.

My advice to parents and /or students is when choosing a college for you to attend research your choice. Set up an campus tour for the parent(s) and the student(s). FInd out why you want to attend this particular college and how much impact will the college have on your life. While in college enjoy your life as a college student. Make sure to study hard and have fun that will have your college years more memorable and easier.

the most frustrating thing about this school is the finacial aid. its to where people do not want to help you finacially.

Jackson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.