Jackson, MS
Jackson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State University

Erykah

I feel as if I can wear Jackson State proudly. The professors at Jackson State are very caring. The president of Jackson State has a energetic booming voice and she is very compassionate. I feel safe with the exception of a couple of crocked characters.

bratt

i went on a school fieldtrip it was amazing evryone was nice the food was great and the sorority sisters were amazing i am from texas but plan on coming here i really would love too if they had it i would give this school 100 stars and to the sorority i plan to join E-YIIIIPPPP! to the sigma gamma rho

Natalie
THEE Jackson State University: THEE Place to be!

THEE Jackson State University: THEE Place to be!

I love my HBCU. This experience is like no other. There are so many opportunities at Jackson State, it's like a diamond in the rough. I love my school and I wish that others knew more about this great school!

Rodney
Mel

i wanna go to jackson state, so i can play in the sonic boom

Mel

i wanna go to jackson state, so i can play in the sonic boom

jasmine

I think this is a great school! Not to small where you will not have the opportunity to join different clubs and get involved in different activities, and it is not to big where you feel like you are all alone and do not matter. Great education, good faculty and staff, wonderful leadership, and the cost for tuition is not to high. Wonderful school to consider.

The students at the school are friendly. People from different walks of life, religion backgrounds, and ethnic groups come to Jacksonville State University and become one big family. Freshmen orientation helps you find a group of friends that will last you a life time!

Kennedi

The other schools that I had considered going to were much larger universities compared to this one. I like that this is pretty big school, but at the same time is small enough to where each person can get one on one help if they need it.

If I could give my highschool senior self a pep talk, I would put much more emphasis on staying focused. During my senior year of high school I did the dual enrollment. This allowed me to go to a community college to take courses my entire senior year to get a head start in college as far as credits. That experience was definitely an eye opener on what I was going to be getting myself into when I went away to college. However, now away at school, at a university, and staying on campus, it is not as easy as I thought it would be to stay on top of things. I would tell myself to make sure that when I got to college, I didn't procrastinate doing work for the sake of a social life. Not only that, but I would tell myself to apply for way more scholarships, so I wouldn't have to stress about scrounging up money for each semester. However, I do feel the high school me was more mature than most, so I wouldn't have too much advice to give myself.

The best thing about Jackson State University would have to be the amount of help people are willing to give you to succeed. Since this is an HBCU, everyone here is here to uplift the African-American community, and give us the necessary resources to make it. Especially in the field I am in, which is Mass Communications, the faculty are willing to help me network and make connections to get a head start in my career field. This is a school that likes to maximize each students oppurtunities.

Keon

i would describe my classmates as unique because they all carry themselves with different styles, diversity, and with their actions.

I consider the best thing about Jackson State Univeristy, it's professors. The way the professors treat and care for us students is amazing because they put so much afford in helping us. For example, on their syllabus they tell us to put their personal phone numbers on there in case of emergencie. With that being said, I was very impressed at how much they cared about our lives and it made me appreciate them even the more. Overall, just the kindness from the professors makes them the best thing at Jackson State University.

Tierra

That we have such a rich tradition of where our fonders and past presidents have impacted our campus in great ways. One example is that most of our insturctional buildings are named after past presidents.

Dear Tierra, I Know things may be hard on you right now but you never know what the future may hold for you. Im writing this letter for you for reassuance. You will be accepted into your first pick school and it will be ok. You will be frustrated at times but its all worth while. Looking back, I relize that you havent made the wisest decisions but now that you are in college every thing has turned out for the better. Packing for college is going to be stressful becuse you dont know what your going to need. Books are expensive, very expensive. Mom is going to yell at you sometimes, but only becuse she is worryied about you, and misses you. You will argue with your roommate, a few times but thats natural. Your going to suprise your own self a few times. You are smarter than people take you for, dont let that be your weakness, make it your strength. Im saying all this becuase dont make high school your college mistake. Your an adult now, so make wise descions and lastly If no one else loves you, love youself. From Future Tierra With love

What i consider to be the best is the size of my school. I become familar with my professers and my peers in the smaller enviorment.

Byron

From high school straight to a university, would be one advice for sure I would give to myself , as well as to other students contemplating attending college. I began my college freshmen year at a community college, which was okay, until I decided to transfer my sophomore year to a university. To find out that the classes you have taken at that community college, may not be accepted, felt like I had wasted my time, and then to be told that your GPA from that community college, would not be included into your unversity's overall GPA, well that has really been a problem for me. Colleges and universities should inform students of these unfair rules and regulations as they are holding recruitment seminars and onsite campus workshops for those prospective students. This will help students to make a better choice when deciding upon which college to attend or not. If you are only planning on an Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree, the true facts should be revealed before applying and accepting the school of choice.

Jackson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.