Jackson, MS
Jackson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State University

Josh

The coversation would actually start off not so much talking at first but with a good wack to the head. After I let myself regroup, I would take a second to introduce myself to myself. It would start off first explaining that I understand that a hard worker can work himself up the food chain so to speak in a company or corporation. Which is fine to a point. At this point the conversation would lead into how life is in your early 30s with nothing more than a high school diploma and years of exprience in a fading industry aka the printing industry becomes very difficult. I would explain that as time and technology changes that the need for certain commodities and the people who manufacter and service these industries may not be neccessary any longer. Which takes away from employment for what you have worked so hard to get to the top of. The last thing i would mention to myself is, it is going to be much easier going to a trade school out of highschool and get into the field of the career you have studied rather than wait till your 34!

Mia

My classmates are friendly,outgoing and hardworking.

My classmates are friendly,outgoing and hardworking.

College starts in highschool. Preparing for college early is essential to being succesful in college. It is important to make the best grades possible and get involved in extra curricular activities. College is more than an institution of learning,but a gateway to your future. The more prepared you are for it the more successful you'll be. Networking and making conncections can also go a long ways in the college world, so getting your name out there is also essential to being successful in college. Always word hard and put your best effort forward and it will pay off in the end.

The campus life is the best thing about my school. There are lots of things to get involved in from organizations,internships to parties. Everyone is freindly and helpful.

Martina

School spirit and everyone cares.

School spirit and everyone cares.

i would say to stay focus work hard and stop procastinating becausse it only puts you further behind.

The best thing about my school is that it is a great institution to be apart of and you have great people there to help and guide you throughout your journey their. Also, their are many ddiffernt thing you can be involved in.

Shalonda

The diversity and the the fact my school has family values. We look after ech other and do not mind opening up opportunites for the next person. Our school sponsor study abroad programs at any four year college in the U.S just as well as out of the country. We have apartment housing, resturants, and also strores to shop at.

The advice I would give my high school senior is to take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to them. College years are your best years. That is the time to adventure as much as you can, make mistakes and learn from them, and to make as many memories possible. You will find out who you and if you are like me the first in your family to go to college then being responsible will not be hard to maintain. College will teach you many morals and will instill values inside of you. You will not quit or give up in college because with the right amount of faith and preseverence nothing will seem impossilbe.

I dont find anything bad about my school because Jackson State University is really an awesome school.

Keona

"Ke! What are you doing? That's money being thrown at you! Don't throw it away! CATCH IT!" Boy if I knew I was going to have this kind of issue getting in school I would've maybe slowed down and applied for some scholarships. I was just ready to get out of high school and attend college. Getting taught at highschool was getting boring. If I would've slowed all the way down. Moving to fast got me staying up all night applying for scholarships before school start.

The roaches at night! Ew! During orentation I seen this clique get attacked by flying cockroaches. I'm scared of them.

People who are stuck up do not belong at Jackson State. Don't even think about applying if you don't have talent in anything. If you not friendly, this is not the school for you.

Minyarisha

Jackson State University is what i consider an equal opportunity school that allows everyone to have an affordable education in the south. It's all about the future, from the technology that used for lectures and different teachings to the care and euthusiasm of the professors in each field. The uniqueness of Jackson State University is that the entire university is considered a family, from the undergraduates to the graduates, from the Alumni to the faculty and staff, from the legions to the elite, we are family. I love JSU or as you all may say Jackson State University!

You should be well prepared for college if you have great research habits, along with great study habits...

As a transfer student to Jackson State University, I would not say that there is a worst thing on the campus. I feel as though I would not change a thing about it. The classes are not crowded and parking is very coinvenient, along with everything needed to succeed with a great education from an awesome and affordable University that is well known in the south.

Mallory

Very interested nd intelligent.

Very interested nd intelligent.

I would tell myself to start off on the right foot. Listen and pay attention to what the teachers and advisers are saying to me because I will hear it again in college and I will need to know it then. I would also say that the teachers will not take care of me as the high school teacers do. I am on my own and its up to me to do what I have to do to get the work done.

A person who is eager and geared up to recevie higher education.

leeann

The advice i would of give myself back in high school would be to work harder than i did. Care about my grades even more than what i did to become a better student. I would be more competitive with myself. Built in more confidence and achieve more things. Being more organized and being more responsible. Apply for more scholarships to get a better education. Most importantly believing in myself that i can do anything that is [ossible in the world.

Selah

I would tell myself to research every career that I was interested in, college is expensive and it’s better to know what you want to do than to waste money and take classes you don’t need. Get a job, and save as much as possible. Get ready, college is the experience of a lifetime, but only you can make it that way. Be prepared to join clubs and meet people with the same interests as you, not the same brands you wear, college is about becoming an adult. It’s more than just your future, it aids in finding out who you are as a person. The people you are going to meet aren’t just other people anymore. Be more open minded about things, you don’t know it all. Anything you believe now is not set in stone the way you think it is. You have no idea how much you’re going to change and in how little time that change takes place. Get involved as soon as you step onto campus, the journey will be a lot more exciting. You’re going to become something beautiful, just take my advice and you’ll see.

Victoria

Dear Vicci, This is you a year and a half into the future. College really is as fun as you think it will be, but I have a big warning for you. I know the idea of applying for scholarships seems dumb, but trust me on this you will need every cent you can get. Right now im working just to have it all go back into our mom's pocket. Start now or you will regret it later. Equally, get rid of all your stuffed animals now. They are very cruelly destroyed in the future by your family. That is all. Hope you take my advice, but knowing me from then, you probably won't. Love, Vicci

Jackson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.