Jackson, MS
Jackson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jackson State University

Shemeka

I have learned to work hard and keep a positive attitude while doing it.

I have learned to work hard and keep a positive attitude while doing it.

I dont consider anything to be bad about my alma mater.

I feel that the university needed more parking.

Lesa

In 2005 I was at a turning point in my life. My husband had just passed away, and I had a 11 year old special needs son to raise. It was then that I decided to go back to college. I was really apprehensive about deciding to continue my education after being out of school for over 25 years. However, I became much more comfortable after taking my first semester at a local community college. Before I went back to school I was not very comfortable writing a simple letter. Now I can write term papers and letters with great confidence, speak in front of an audience, and I also know a little more about the world in which I live. Although those were excellent goals to achieve while attending college, they were not life changing events that I have remembered most. It was all the people that I have met, and who have helped my college experience to become a successfull one. I have been nominated for several awards. and have a 3.4 G.P.A. My memories of serving on the student government association, meeting new students and instructors, will be ones that I will never forget.

Vertecia

Very good in communicating with you to make you feel comfortable in a classroom setting.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is making good friends and understanding to stay focus on what I am here for. This was a "joint decision-making" that I made with my parents. I always kept in my head that my college education was something that I had to want for myself. Working hard and investing so many hours in college gave me greater satisfaction in now saying I am a senior in college which I would not change it for the world. Going to college made me take off the training wheels to help me balance my career goals and long term challenges. Receiving a Academic Sholarship and a Music Scholarship was very valuable because it made it affordable to attend Jackson State University.

Your freshmen year is the best time to begin thinking about your future, you certainly don't have to write anything in stone. In fact, most college students will change their intended major several times as they grow older and experience new things . I finally settled in Opera Performance, because I received a scholarship in my field from Jackson University which help my dreams come true and made it more affordable for my parents to send me to a University. :0)

Jasmine

JSU has ALOT of school spitit. We pretty much all support eachother especially when it comes to sporting events.

In my college experience I have gained much wisdom. I learned that going to class is basicaly the most important thing you can do to ensure passing your classes. One on one professor meetings are also very helpful. Getting to know your teachers and going to see them for help during their conference hours has made it extremely easier for me to do better in class. In college you also learn to build strong relationships with people; whether its teammates, coaches, peers, or professors. THese relationships are vital for you to have a successful future. These people can be used as references, future hobs or careers, or even life-long friends. Time- management and staying focused in college have to be learned as quickly as possible so that you do not fall behind in class or your graduation. Five or six year college students are not encouraged. Continue to keep your head up and keep yourself encouraged so that you can graduate on time and with a great GPA.

People who aren't serious about attending college should not attend JSU.

anglica

My classmate are smart, focus, funny, and willing to help out!!!!!!!!

My classmate are smart, focus, funny, and willing to help out!!!!!!!!

The thing that i've gotten out of this college experience is learning how to be on my own, to be independent!!!!!!! College is getting me ready for the future, the real world. This is a learn experience that i'm taking full avantage of. I learned so many things, like how to get up without my mom waking me up. Ive gotten so good at other things too, like my communication skills and my community service. I really get to explore a lot and that also a good college experience as well.

I wish i had known that their food wasnt that good before i came to jackson state because then i would have brung some food with me!!!!!!!!!

Obie

Jackson State University is mainly focused on community and education. Community in the sense that everyone is willing to help each other out, willing to give you some of what little they have to offer. Jackson State doesn't play about education if you get a bad grade on a test everyone from the dean to your roommate will let you know you can do way better than what you earned.

One lesson I recieved from my many experinces is that everyone is not your friend and everyone doesn't have your best interest. I had a roommate who was always looking for me to provide for him. Then something happened and I realized I wasn't in a friendship but I was being taken advantaged of. This is one of the many aspects that seperates college and highschool mindsets. In highschool if I knew your name and talked to you on certain occasions then I considered you a friend. Then in college my preception on friendship changed fast when I started to realize that people who I considered my friends were only using me. Using me to get food, soap, school supplies, and anything else they needed. When it was time for them to return the favor, all of a sudden we weren't as cool. What makes this lesson so powerful is that a lot of highschool graduates have the same mentality and in the real world will be easy targets for people who will take advantage of them.

The worst thing about Jackson State is it's lack of job opportunities for students. Jackson State is located in the middle of a great community but there is little work for students. The only way a student can get a job is to either work for the school or own a car so they can drive to a different county for work.

Amber

My classmates here at Jackson State are really nice and friendly and a joy to be around.

The most vauble thing that I have gotten out of my college experiecnce is time. Time is valuable because once its gone its doesnt come back. How you spent your time that day,hour, and minute expired just that fast. Whether you used it wisly or not it went away. I dont want to be the person that said that I wish,I wonder,or even I could have did that differntly.

Since I am a freshman at Jackson State I cant really brag that much, but what I have seen and noticed I love my school. I am soo glad that I choose to go here. The people are nice and offer help as you need it. Also the upper classmen are really nice and give you information as needed.

Eric

I admire intelligence, and have enjoyed my college experience thus far. If I could, I would continue my education to the farthest reach. My greatest fascination has been the study of the human conscious and so will be pursuing my degree in psychology. I have also been passionate about film and movies my whole life and would consider a career in that industry as well. I possible, I'd like to do both. My current past time is practicing martial arts. I have been studying Beikoku Shorin-Ryu karate for over 13 years as well as other styles, and plan to continue for as long as I can. I feel that karate has helped my development both physically but also mentally, providing me with discipline, self-reliance, and the ability to keep calm under pressure. I would like to someday learn to sail as a pastime. I wish to never stop learning, and always strive to use my knowledge to better the world.

Sara

I am a 29 year old single mom of 2 who received my GED. I work full-time and go to school part-time. When I decided to go back to school I was scared because I dropped out, but it is a completley different experience. I have learned so much and met so many amazing people, friends and instructors. The environment is friendly and comfortable and the instructors are so helpful and really care. I love it! I am truely going to be sad when I graduate. It is valuable to me because it means so much for me to get a better career to provide for my kids, they are my inspiration and mean the world to me. The instructors really make you feel confident and proud.

Rayford

During my college experience, I've learned that life is not all fun and game. Plus, you can't depend on your mother to wake you up for school everyday. The only person who can do that is you! In addition, Jackson State will also give you adult punishment, since I'm not a kid anymore.

I wish I would have known any more scholarships that I can apply for at Jackson State.

A person who's unwilling to study or apply themselves in college because the only thing they are doing is throwing their money away.

Jackson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.