Jackson State University Top Questions

Kennedi

If I could give my highschool senior self a pep talk, I would put much more emphasis on staying focused. During my senior year of high school I did the dual enrollment. This allowed me to go to a community college to take courses my entire senior year to get a head start in college as far as credits. That experience was definitely an eye opener on what I was going to be getting myself into when I went away to college. However, now away at school, at a university, and staying on campus, it is not as easy as I thought it would be to stay on top of things. I would tell myself to make sure that when I got to college, I didn't procrastinate doing work for the sake of a social life. Not only that, but I would tell myself to apply for way more scholarships, so I wouldn't have to stress about scrounging up money for each semester. However, I do feel the high school me was more mature than most, so I wouldn't have too much advice to give myself.

Tierra

Dear Tierra, I Know things may be hard on you right now but you never know what the future may hold for you. Im writing this letter for you for reassuance. You will be accepted into your first pick school and it will be ok. You will be frustrated at times but its all worth while. Looking back, I relize that you havent made the wisest decisions but now that you are in college every thing has turned out for the better. Packing for college is going to be stressful becuse you dont know what your going to need. Books are expensive, very expensive. Mom is going to yell at you sometimes, but only becuse she is worryied about you, and misses you. You will argue with your roommate, a few times but thats natural. Your going to suprise your own self a few times. You are smarter than people take you for, dont let that be your weakness, make it your strength. Im saying all this becuase dont make high school your college mistake. Your an adult now, so make wise descions and lastly If no one else loves you, love youself. From Future Tierra With love

Byron

From high school straight to a university, would be one advice for sure I would give to myself , as well as to other students contemplating attending college. I began my college freshmen year at a community college, which was okay, until I decided to transfer my sophomore year to a university. To find out that the classes you have taken at that community college, may not be accepted, felt like I had wasted my time, and then to be told that your GPA from that community college, would not be included into your unversity's overall GPA, well that has really been a problem for me. Colleges and universities should inform students of these unfair rules and regulations as they are holding recruitment seminars and onsite campus workshops for those prospective students. This will help students to make a better choice when deciding upon which college to attend or not. If you are only planning on an Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree, the true facts should be revealed before applying and accepting the school of choice.

The coversation would actually start off not so much talking at first but with a good wack to the head. After I let myself regroup, I would take a second to introduce myself to myself. It would start off first explaining that I understand that a hard worker can work himself up the food chain so to speak in a company or corporation. Which is fine to a point. At this point the conversation would lead into how life is in your early 30s with nothing more than a high school diploma and years of exprience in a fading industry aka the printing industry becomes very difficult. I would explain that as time and technology changes that the need for certain commodities and the people who manufacter and service these industries may not be neccessary any longer. Which takes away from employment for what you have worked so hard to get to the top of. The last thing i would mention to myself is, it is going to be much easier going to a trade school out of highschool and get into the field of the career you have studied rather than wait till your 34!

Mia

College starts in highschool. Preparing for college early is essential to being succesful in college. It is important to make the best grades possible and get involved in extra curricular activities. College is more than an institution of learning,but a gateway to your future. The more prepared you are for it the more successful you'll be. Networking and making conncections can also go a long ways in the college world, so getting your name out there is also essential to being successful in college. Always word hard and put your best effort forward and it will pay off in the end.

Martina

i would say to stay focus work hard and stop procastinating becausse it only puts you further behind.

Shalonda

The advice I would give my high school senior is to take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to them. College years are your best years. That is the time to adventure as much as you can, make mistakes and learn from them, and to make as many memories possible. You will find out who you and if you are like me the first in your family to go to college then being responsible will not be hard to maintain. College will teach you many morals and will instill values inside of you. You will not quit or give up in college because with the right amount of faith and preseverence nothing will seem impossilbe.

Keona

"Ke! What are you doing? That's money being thrown at you! Don't throw it away! CATCH IT!" Boy if I knew I was going to have this kind of issue getting in school I would've maybe slowed down and applied for some scholarships. I was just ready to get out of high school and attend college. Getting taught at highschool was getting boring. If I would've slowed all the way down. Moving to fast got me staying up all night applying for scholarships before school start.

Minyarisha

You should be well prepared for college if you have great research habits, along with great study habits...

Mallory

I would tell myself to start off on the right foot. Listen and pay attention to what the teachers and advisers are saying to me because I will hear it again in college and I will need to know it then. I would also say that the teachers will not take care of me as the high school teacers do. I am on my own and its up to me to do what I have to do to get the work done.

leeann

The advice i would of give myself back in high school would be to work harder than i did. Care about my grades even more than what i did to become a better student. I would be more competitive with myself. Built in more confidence and achieve more things. Being more organized and being more responsible. Apply for more scholarships to get a better education. Most importantly believing in myself that i can do anything that is [ossible in the world.

Selah

I would tell myself to research every career that I was interested in, college is expensive and it’s better to know what you want to do than to waste money and take classes you don’t need. Get a job, and save as much as possible. Get ready, college is the experience of a lifetime, but only you can make it that way. Be prepared to join clubs and meet people with the same interests as you, not the same brands you wear, college is about becoming an adult. It’s more than just your future, it aids in finding out who you are as a person. The people you are going to meet aren’t just other people anymore. Be more open minded about things, you don’t know it all. Anything you believe now is not set in stone the way you think it is. You have no idea how much you’re going to change and in how little time that change takes place. Get involved as soon as you step onto campus, the journey will be a lot more exciting. You’re going to become something beautiful, just take my advice and you’ll see.

Dear Vicci, This is you a year and a half into the future. College really is as fun as you think it will be, but I have a big warning for you. I know the idea of applying for scholarships seems dumb, but trust me on this you will need every cent you can get. Right now im working just to have it all go back into our mom's pocket. Start now or you will regret it later. Equally, get rid of all your stuffed animals now. They are very cruelly destroyed in the future by your family. That is all. Hope you take my advice, but knowing me from then, you probably won't. Love, Vicci

Marlina

As a high school senior having a better inside peek at the collge life I would tell myself make this year count, continue to push forward, and make sure you do all you can to be prepared for ACT test. I would say you need to make this year count because it shows what you have learned through high school. Even though your high school journey is over, keep challenging yourself. Preparation can never be overrated. Continue to push forward because obstacles will come. When you make it through the obstacles it truly makes you stronger to endure whatever lies ahead. "Believe in yourself Marlina, and never doubt", is what I could hear myself saying. Teachers constantly said ACT is important. I never realized until now. Listen to the teachers they know best, and they are here to help. Last but now least, I would have to say follow your first mind.

When going to college you are there for one goal that is to graduate in your particular field of interest. While in college strive to be the best you can be. Do the best you can in all class and whenever you are struggling with any course always get help immediately. Also try to find friends that have the same outlook on life as you have concerning education and those that are perusing the same field as you are so that you are able to study together. Make sure you attend all classes, because those who attend class are more than likely to pass than those who don’t attend class. Just have fun and enjoy your college life and always remember to do the right thing.

Bria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself "you are going to encounter numerous obstacles and not to lose who you really are, amongst the hustle and bustle". I would tell myself to be patient, goal-oriented, and have good organizational skills. I would weigh the pros and cons of my major to make sure this is what I want to do, along with the guidiance of my advisor and professors. I would tell myself not to get discouraged, when one door closes another will open. I would tell my future-self to talk to my professors when ever I did not understand something, or I felt I did not do the quality of work I know I am capable of doing. Most of all, I would tell myself all things I want to do is possible, if I focus and put my mind to it and that I am going to make some mistakes but they will be worth learning from.

priscilla

As a young woman, married with a child, looking back on it all, I wish I would have completed my college degree fresh out of high school. I was never worried about my college career because I knew I would eventually finish and have a job as an educator because it has been my dream to serve others and enrich young lives with knowledge of the future. As an eighteen year old child, I wish I could explain how truly important it was to make school my number one priority. Now, I am working, definitely not at my dream job, taking care of a little one, getting my education back on track all while maintaining a healthy, loving relationship with my husband. My life would be much easier to waking up and traveling to a job I loved and was proud of. Although now I am working very hard to maintain balance in my life between everything on my plate; I live my life with no regrets looking forward to what the future has in store for me.

Jacoby

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to spend the next four years in a junior college pursuing certificates in Welding and Collision Repair. I would tell myself to take more time to contemplate my career choices to prevent myself from having to repay multiple school loans. I would make the most of my caring, compassionate demeanor, and goal-oriented determination to focus on a career in Social Work because I truly enjoy interacting with and helping people from all walks of life. I would concentrate on maintaining high academic achievements so that I could broaden my chances of receiving scholarships and grants to defer or prevent massive financial repayments after college. In return for receiving these funds, I would give back to the community by volunteering my time and/or resources after graduation. While going back to talk to myself during my senior year in high school would have made some things easier in my life, doing so would have thwarted my life experiences and perhaps, prevented me from experiencing the things I have experienced and prevented me from being the person I am today.

Brittannica

Coming straight out of high school, I was nervous yet excited. I was entering into an entirely new phase of my life and I had no idea what to expect. I knew that I would have freedom that I had never had before. Freedom required lots of responsibility. Now that I am an upcoming junior in college, I have learned so much about myself as well as others. I would now be able to tell my high school self that college is full of choices, both good and bad. You must decide which choices you make; parents are no longer there to tell you what you can and cannot do. If you choose to party all night and miss you 8 o’ clock class, it’s your choice. No one will suffer from it but you. You are simply wasting your time and money. Discipline, I have learned, is also a key component in college. Being disciplined will get you very far. Simply making wise choices will make your college career a success. And I must say that there is peer pressure all around but ultimately you are the only one in charge of you.

Percy

My father instilled in me the values of going to college and receiving a promising education. Throughout my matriculation in college, I have been awarded some amazing opportunities and even gain strength from times of adversity. I have always pride myself in being involved on campus, interacting with my instructors, servicing the community, and maintaining high scholastics. But my greatest honor of achievement is not the positions I have held or the prestigious accolades that I have obtained, but the impact that I have been blessed to have made on so many lives. Attending college has been very fulfilling to me because it has allowed me to not only pursue greater strides of achievement but use my experience to inspire others. Every opportunity on campus that I have partaken in has played a vital role in allowing me to meet a unique individual each day. Upon conversing with each individual, I have been able to assist, encourage, and even leave a lasting impression on others whom I have not yet had the privilege to meet. Through this experience I have received a great education and most of all a greater purpose in life to truly inspire others.

Tonisha

There has been one very important facet I have learned that has made the college experience all worth while, I learned how to live. Before my duration at Jackson State University, my avenue to a more gainful future and a diverse social path seemed to be on a road to no where. Upon enrolling, I met some of the most diligent people that the South has to offer. I also encountered professors that have a compassion for their careers and students beyond belief, and campus leaders that are more than encouraging. Beautifully bound and gracefully giving, Jackson State University is more than a college, it is a home. There is a reason why Jackson State University is the "bridge to a brighter tommorrow". The very fiber of compassion resides in all Jacksonians, and for that this experience has been more than valuable, it has been simply irreplaceable.

Shemeka

I have learned to work hard and keep a positive attitude while doing it.

Lesa

In 2005 I was at a turning point in my life. My husband had just passed away, and I had a 11 year old special needs son to raise. It was then that I decided to go back to college. I was really apprehensive about deciding to continue my education after being out of school for over 25 years. However, I became much more comfortable after taking my first semester at a local community college. Before I went back to school I was not very comfortable writing a simple letter. Now I can write term papers and letters with great confidence, speak in front of an audience, and I also know a little more about the world in which I live. Although those were excellent goals to achieve while attending college, they were not life changing events that I have remembered most. It was all the people that I have met, and who have helped my college experience to become a successfull one. I have been nominated for several awards. and have a 3.4 G.P.A. My memories of serving on the student government association, meeting new students and instructors, will be ones that I will never forget.

Vertecia

What I have gotten out of my college experience is making good friends and understanding to stay focus on what I am here for. This was a "joint decision-making" that I made with my parents. I always kept in my head that my college education was something that I had to want for myself. Working hard and investing so many hours in college gave me greater satisfaction in now saying I am a senior in college which I would not change it for the world. Going to college made me take off the training wheels to help me balance my career goals and long term challenges. Receiving a Academic Sholarship and a Music Scholarship was very valuable because it made it affordable to attend Jackson State University.

In my college experience I have gained much wisdom. I learned that going to class is basicaly the most important thing you can do to ensure passing your classes. One on one professor meetings are also very helpful. Getting to know your teachers and going to see them for help during their conference hours has made it extremely easier for me to do better in class. In college you also learn to build strong relationships with people; whether its teammates, coaches, peers, or professors. THese relationships are vital for you to have a successful future. These people can be used as references, future hobs or careers, or even life-long friends. Time- management and staying focused in college have to be learned as quickly as possible so that you do not fall behind in class or your graduation. Five or six year college students are not encouraged. Continue to keep your head up and keep yourself encouraged so that you can graduate on time and with a great GPA.

anglica

The thing that i've gotten out of this college experience is learning how to be on my own, to be independent!!!!!!! College is getting me ready for the future, the real world. This is a learn experience that i'm taking full avantage of. I learned so many things, like how to get up without my mom waking me up. Ive gotten so good at other things too, like my communication skills and my community service. I really get to explore a lot and that also a good college experience as well.

Obie

One lesson I recieved from my many experinces is that everyone is not your friend and everyone doesn't have your best interest. I had a roommate who was always looking for me to provide for him. Then something happened and I realized I wasn't in a friendship but I was being taken advantaged of. This is one of the many aspects that seperates college and highschool mindsets. In highschool if I knew your name and talked to you on certain occasions then I considered you a friend. Then in college my preception on friendship changed fast when I started to realize that people who I considered my friends were only using me. Using me to get food, soap, school supplies, and anything else they needed. When it was time for them to return the favor, all of a sudden we weren't as cool. What makes this lesson so powerful is that a lot of highschool graduates have the same mentality and in the real world will be easy targets for people who will take advantage of them.

The most vauble thing that I have gotten out of my college experiecnce is time. Time is valuable because once its gone its doesnt come back. How you spent your time that day,hour, and minute expired just that fast. Whether you used it wisly or not it went away. I dont want to be the person that said that I wish,I wonder,or even I could have did that differntly.

I admire intelligence, and have enjoyed my college experience thus far. If I could, I would continue my education to the farthest reach. My greatest fascination has been the study of the human conscious and so will be pursuing my degree in psychology. I have also been passionate about film and movies my whole life and would consider a career in that industry as well. I possible, I'd like to do both. My current past time is practicing martial arts. I have been studying Beikoku Shorin-Ryu karate for over 13 years as well as other styles, and plan to continue for as long as I can. I feel that karate has helped my development both physically but also mentally, providing me with discipline, self-reliance, and the ability to keep calm under pressure. I would like to someday learn to sail as a pastime. I wish to never stop learning, and always strive to use my knowledge to better the world.

I am a 29 year old single mom of 2 who received my GED. I work full-time and go to school part-time. When I decided to go back to school I was scared because I dropped out, but it is a completley different experience. I have learned so much and met so many amazing people, friends and instructors. The environment is friendly and comfortable and the instructors are so helpful and really care. I love it! I am truely going to be sad when I graduate. It is valuable to me because it means so much for me to get a better career to provide for my kids, they are my inspiration and mean the world to me. The instructors really make you feel confident and proud.

Rayford

During my college experience, I've learned that life is not all fun and game. Plus, you can't depend on your mother to wake you up for school everyday. The only person who can do that is you! In addition, Jackson State will also give you adult punishment, since I'm not a kid anymore.

alexis

I have learned that hanging out with your friends is pretty much not always the way to go. making sure you take care of your work and business you can never go wrong. Your future is just that YOURS noone can get you where you want to be except you!!

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. Although the knowledge I learned in college was very important, it wasn't the only thing I gained from college. I gained leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work as a team, and a strong since of responsibility. I learned the importance of not procrastinating and why it is important to get a full night of sleep. Another thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is friendships that will last a lifetime. Attending college has been valuable because it has given me the skills I will need to successfully enter the workforce.

I have learned that every single class matters and should be attended. My school's motto is "those who go to class, tend to pass," and I am a firm believer in that statement. College success is all about time management and taking advantage of any and every opportunity presented to you.

Livia

Although there has been many things I have gained from this wonderful university, there are a few things that sticks out. First, my field of study is child care. Although I have just finished my freshman year, I have already had wonderful professors that taught me valuable leassons dealing with child care. I also had other professors that was not related to child care that taught me valuable life lessons. Second, other staffs at Jackson State University has been so kind to me. The academic advisors are very patient and helpful in assisting with choosing the right classes. The councelors also has helped me in time of need in a very calm and respectful way.

The main concept I would hope to enlighten a younger version of myself with, would be how limitless my future could be if I do not limit it myself. By my senior year in high school, my GPA was less than 2.1 and didn?t believe that I would ever attend college. Now that I am a junior in college with a 3.2 GPA, my eyes have been opened and I see the importance of an education. The many windows of opportunity a Bachelor?s degree can open for me is well worth all of the hard work and effort exerted. According to the Commerce Department's Census Bureau, an individual with a Bachelor?s degree will earn $900,000 more in a lifetime than the high school diploma counterpart. I would share with the younger version of myself that a life without education would probably limit me to considerably lower pay and most likely intense blue collar labor. Knowing myself back then, I would see that this wouldn?t be the right path for me to pursue. I would enforce the need for a college education to the high school senior I used to be.

If I could go back to high school as a senior. I would be better prepared for college mentally, physically, and financially. During high school years, everything was basically an easy way out. You spend 7-8 hours at school Monday through Friday playing and enjoying your friends' company. However, college is the complete opposite. You attend a school over a 1,000 students and the size of your classmates increase. Another breath taker is that 9 times out of 10, your professor doesn't know your name. Physically maintaning to stay in shape and eat healthy because majority of the students eat junk food or instant meals because of the time spent studying. Financially, college is expensive. High school is an free education. I wish I woud have taken advantage of that education because every extra money I receive goes toward my collge tuition. In closing, the most important advice I would give to myself is when the ball is given to you, run with it all the way to the goal, because having the ball in your hand that leads you to greatness but holding on to it after the time buzz, is worthless.

Natasha

The advice t hat I would give myself would be that, " You do not need to put school off. There is no need to put school off and let the knowldge in which you have already obtained go to waste. The quicker you get into school, the better. You are too intellent to allow it to go to waste. College is not as scary as you may think that it is. Be sure to pay attention in all the classes that you take because when you do begin college, it will come in handy. That same knowldge in which your teachers are trying to give you, is the same knowldge that will help you to get the degree in which you are trying to persue. Make sure to do your best even after you finish school because you never know when you might need it later on."

Adrian

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give advice to myself, i would tell myself fill out as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to practice reading and studying to prepare for the life as a college student. I would tell myself to quit procrastinating and putting things aside to finish what is important. I would alo tell myself to relax, stressing isn't the way to go. This is the advicei would tell myself if I had the chance to go back in time.

Arreyona

If i could go back in time and give myself advice from what I know now about college life, I would advise myself to apply for numerous scholarships, handle my time wisely, take the ACT early as possible, and also i would advise myself to give my all and stay active. I would advise this to myself because now that i havent applied for numerous scholarships I am struggling to find funding for my schooling. If i would have handled my time wisely and taken the ACT sooner I would not be having a problem with my schooling. If I would have giving it my all in my high school days I would not have to stuggle with the problems I am trying to minimize now as a college student.

Tiffani

Tiffani take advantage of the extra-curricular activities and experiences available to you right now, I would tell myself, if I could go back to my senior year. It's important to give to your community without expecting pay. I would advise myself that being an example through service is more important than making a paycheck through traditional employment. I would also tell myself to take time and learn, not memorize for test, but really apply what I am reading to see how it affects myself and those around me. I would not rush through assignments, half do assignments, but really put my best foot forward with everything I do. Most of all, I would tell myself to enjoy the homecooked meals my mom cooked for me!!!! I would tell myself to enjoy the freedom of being young and irresponsible. I would not worry about buying books, washing clothes and finding food.... I would appreciate home.

Martha

Flashback to January 2009..... I was a senior in high school, and I actively worked to find a school that would fit my needs. Since I was the valedictorian of my class, I had offers from left and right. I didn't think that I was going to go to a college in my own hometown (Jackson, MS), so I started looking at out-of-state schools. Because of financial reasons, staying in Mississippi didn't sound like a bad idea. As senior year drove to a close, I decided that I was going to go to a school that I was slightly familiar with. I went to a couple of summer camps there, and because of its academic reputation, I thought that it would be a good choice. Boy, was I wrong! The summer before my freshman year of college, I stayed at this institution for six weeks. The campus was starting to deteriorate, and the head leader was too strict. I didn't have too much fun, and on one blistering day, I decided that I was going to attend Jackson State. It was the school that I knew all along, and I'm glad!

Princeton

If I had the chance to go back in time and inform myself of college experiences, I would advise myself to study harder in all subject areas, such as math and science and make sure that I become more involved in looking for scholarships and more extracurricular activities. I would encourage myself to do the very best I can and don't take anything for granted, including the ACT testing and become more proactive in my school now so I would be more confident in college. I would also tell myself to start molding myself into a college bound student and not be so non-chalant about it. Finally I would give myself credit that I am considering to further my education and encourage myself to strive for excellence, no matter what.

Juanita

If I could be able to go back in time and see myself as a high school senior I would talk about how critical my senior year is to prepare myself for college. Now that I am in college today I wish I would have applied for more scholarships and prepared better on my SAT and ACT. I would tell myself to get a tutor for one on one tutoring so the at I can be ready for the SAT and ACT. I would tell myself to take it as many times as possible until I get a score high enought to recieve an acedemic scholarship. Now I'm experiencing the effects of not applying for enough scholarships so I have to take out loans. Also I would give advice about staying on task and being focused my last year in highschool to my first year in college. One last advice I would tell myself would be, with hard work, dedication, staying positive, and believing in yourself no matter what anybody thinks, you can make it far through life. Whether I want to recieve a master or a doctorate degree I can achieve it if I do those exact things.

Tramaine

The advice I would give myself would be, college will be a totally new experience, its totally up to you to make it a good one.

I would tell myself to stay true yourself no matter what. It is so easy to loose yourself and loose sight of your goals and aspirations once you enter your post-secondary education. Distractions and hardships come right after another. I would tell myself that although college is a time to learn and experience new things dont let those experience deter you from your dreams. Set a plan and stick to it. Be willing and open to learn yourself, but dont loose sight of who you were before entering college. Stay true to that person that got you there. Sex, drugs, parties, alcohol, fake friends and much much more is going to come your way you must be strong enough to decipher the truth. Be smart enough to get your degree but intelligent enough to know that earning your degree is a small fraction of what college is all about. Its the growth, connections, networking, character building and experiences that define you. You should seek to leave your undergrad with not just a diploma but a little more insight and understanding into the world and yourself. Theres a difference in knowlege and education be wise enough to obtain them both.

KATRINA

Just to keep motivated and stay focused at all costs. Academics and scholarly events will be helpful and efficient towards me completing my education. I hope to maintain my gpa and do some extra cirriculum so that i can explore more areas of my university and also learn more through studies and a networking of the people here.

Make sure that you take senior year seriously as far as academics, don't stress yourself out freshman year through junior year, then take it easy your senior year; because your entry to the school you want to go to depends on it. Try to figure out what organizations or clubs that you might be intersted in joining in college. Make sure that you do a good research on the schools you apply to as far as academics and reputation.

Frances

If I could go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. Just because you get one scholarship you should never stop applying for them because they will help you in the future, you can never have enough money to help you further your education. I would as tell myself to learn how to live on a budget. Going to an out-of-state school means that you won't be able to keep your job and you won't necessarily be able to transfer. This means that your money will be tight and you will need to learn how to save. Last but not least, I would advise myself to learn better studying skills. Studying is the only way you will pass your classes in college. For every one hour class you have, you should spend 2 hours studying for that subject. College is not like high school. It isn't free and just looking at the material once won't help you pass test. The most important word to learn before you enter college is STUDY!!!!

Arayya

Arayya, you are aware of the intensity of a college work load, now is the time to get your study habits to up to par. Maybe you should take the ACT one more time, and if you still don't receive the score you want, try taking the SAT. Also, fill out more scholarships. You know your parents "make too much money" for you to receive any financial assistance, you don't want to be stuck taking loans out all four years of your undergrad. AGAIN FILL OUT EVERY SCHOLARSHIP YOU COME ACROSS!! This summer you should think about enrolling in summer school to take a class or two. I hope things work out in my favor!