Jackson State University

« See more reviews of Jackson State University

In order for students to choose a school that best fits them I suggest that they first go visit the campus. By visiting the campus they will see how comfortable they feel in the environment and see what all the campus has to offer. Next I will suggest that the future student see how good the program and/or major is on the campus they plan to study. Their major sometimes may not be offered and other times the program may not be best fit for them. Last but not least I suggest that the student make sure that this school is appealing to them because this is were they will be for the next four years of their life getting an education.

The advice I would give my high school senior is to take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to them. College years are your best years. That is the time to adventure as much as you can, make mistakes and learn from them, and to make as many memories possible. You will find out who you and if you are like me the first in your family to go to college then being responsible will not be hard to maintain. College will teach you many morals and will instill values inside of you. You will not quit or give up in college because with the right amount of faith and preseverence nothing will seem impossilbe.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. Although the knowledge I learned in college was very important, it wasn't the only thing I gained from college. I gained leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work as a team, and a strong since of responsibility. I learned the importance of not procrastinating and why it is important to get a full night of sleep. Another thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is friendships that will last a lifetime. Attending college has been valuable because it has given me the skills I will need to successfully enter the workforce.

Arayya, you are aware of the intensity of a college work load, now is the time to get your study habits to up to par. Maybe you should take the ACT one more time, and if you still don't receive the score you want, try taking the SAT. Also, fill out more scholarships. You know your parents "make too much money" for you to receive any financial assistance, you don't want to be stuck taking loans out all four years of your undergrad. AGAIN FILL OUT EVERY SCHOLARSHIP YOU COME ACROSS!! This summer you should think about enrolling in summer school to take a class or two. I hope things work out in my favor!

Dear Vicci, This is you a year and a half into the future. College really is as fun as you think it will be, but I have a big warning for you. I know the idea of applying for scholarships seems dumb, but trust me on this you will need every cent you can get. Right now im working just to have it all go back into our mom's pocket. Start now or you will regret it later. Equally, get rid of all your stuffed animals now. They are very cruelly destroyed in the future by your family. That is all. Hope you take my advice, but knowing me from then, you probably won't. Love, Vicci

My advice to a parent and/or student would to be sure you are doing what you came to school for. Most students get caught up in the social life and freedom of being away from parents and forget the real reason they are in school, which is to learn and grow to become the best possible person ther can be. However, too much studing and planning can lead to a social handicap that would hender a persons ability to adjust and interact with different personalities. My advice is to study hard, work hard, and grow great friendships out side of your high school buddy that will always be there.

College starts in highschool. Preparing for college early is essential to being succesful in college. It is important to make the best grades possible and get involved in extra curricular activities. College is more than an institution of learning,but a gateway to your future. The more prepared you are for it the more successful you'll be. Networking and making conncections can also go a long ways in the college world, so getting your name out there is also essential to being successful in college. Always word hard and put your best effort forward and it will pay off in the end.

To any parent/student, my advice to you on finding a great college is to look at the background of the school. By looking at the history of the school will give you an idea of how you or your child will benefit from the school. Another advice is to set up an appointment to where you can visit the school. By doing this you will know how well you or your child will interact on campus. Pay close attention to the academic programs and how the clean the campus is. Also pay attention to the students and faculty. You can also rate the school and compare it to the other school.

There is no perfect school for anyone. Everyone has to find something that they most like about the schools they are looking at. Be patient when searching for the right school because college determines what you may be doing for the rest of your life. I also want to say not to be discouraged or intimidated by anything or anybody that you may see at a particular. There are obstacles all around us. We must see those obstacles as something we know we can achieve and once we do it, we can all look back and smile and say "Ive accomplished the unthinkable."

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give advice to myself, i would tell myself fill out as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to practice reading and studying to prepare for the life as a college student. I would tell myself to quit procrastinating and putting things aside to finish what is important. I would alo tell myself to relax, stressing isn't the way to go. This is the advicei would tell myself if I had the chance to go back in time.