Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

Steven

I love my classmates, but there are very few I actually respect.

I love my classmates, but there are very few I actually respect.

Up until now, you've had people tell you all about how great you could be. You are used to people telling you how smart you are and how much potential you have. But, what have you done? You were expelled from your elementary school, you almost were asked to leave your middle school, you spend all your time playing video games, and now you're here: at the foot of highschool's door. Steven, I don't care how "smart" you may or may not be. In the real world, people are the things they do, not the things they could do. Out here, people are the things they have become not the things they could be. Our innate abilities are only useful to us when they manifest themselves in a tangible way. There is no medal for the man who could have won and there is no ceremony for potential heroes. No more living in your potential. Stop being satisfied surrounding yourself with your fans and start taking on challenges. Endure struggles, and in your enduring, you will grow strong. Steven, become the hero of your own story, do not live as a background character or a prop.

I wish I would have known how cliquey Jacksonville University is.

If I could talk to my senior self, I would say that since you are taking a year and a half off save money for a new car. I would also say in order to have gone in the fall that you should have done more research and looked into scholarships. Do not get lazy about funding for school because you are going to spend thousands from your own pocket. I would have tell myself to go straight into the dance program at the community college because it is free college money assuming you would have made it. Looking back I would have said to never be afraid to take chances and to say no to the things you know were going to end up being bad. Another thing I would have said is to not care what people think because it is your life not theirs.

A person that should attend this school should be ready to work hard but the rewards from this school is pretty amazing. You should expect to meet a wide range of people here from all over the country and world. You should be ready to take on an internship because its required to graduate.

The lazy type should not attend this college and neither should the "partyer" because it is a quiet campus. There are parties but there are no reports of underage drinking because the punishments for such is probation. Expect the professors to expect alot from students.

Hope

Outstanding Critical Care Nursing program as well as Marine Biology and Avionics programs.

First, I would tell my younger self to join the military. The training that you receive is nothing compared to the civilian work force and the amount of education benefits that you get are unmatchable. Four years serving your country is an honor that you can be proud of and use in persuing a four year degree.

A top ranking private school located in a large city.

Amy

The one thing I would tell my high school self is this. Give your all in your studies and don’t give up on your dreams. Going back to school in my thirties has been difficult. The hardest personal struggle I have encountered is how much my grades back then are impacting my life now. Even though I have a 4.0 GPA now, my B’s and one C are a constant reminder of how I didn’t put 100% into my early college years. “Keep focused on your school work, Amy. There will be plenty of time for fun later on!”

Dallas

I would tell my high school senior self to apply for as many financial aid scholarships as possible both on line and scholarships offered by Jacksonville Univeristy.

I consider the amount of opportunities and events available to student the best thing about my school.

People that should not apply to this school include people that are anti-social, have no future career plans, and people who do not want a quality education.

Kathleen

Don't get discouraged. Th school system isn't going to keep you down. You will get to college anyway and on your own merrit. Your mother taught you well. The best thing that you can do now is push forward and not give up. (Also, try getting a computer that doesn't have sticking keys.)

I've made great friend and the cla sizes are small and intimate.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to get financial aid to fuly cover that last coupe of thousand.

Kemoy

If your an athlete. Only go for free. If your a student go to community college, get grants, scholarships whatever you can so you can go for free. To hell with loans. They are not helpful at all.

Size and some of the teachers, TUITION is Expensive! If you do anything; avoid the loans.

Regina

Knowing what I know now I would have many things to tell myself as a high school senior. The most imprtant thing I would have told myself, was to start saving up money, and also start looking up scholarships early instead of procrastinating. I would tell her that money is going to be an issue in the future if you don't find a way to manage it properly while you are in hig school. Besides the money I would also tell her to quit worrying about failed friendships, because with the personality that we have we can find better understanding friends in college. College is a gold mine for new and exciting friends that believe in the same ideals as you do. The last thing that I would probably tell her, is to focus on school work and nothing else because you want to aim for the top ten and not the top twenty. And to stop procrastination on homework because it will only hinder your performance in the long run. Other than that my senior self was everything that she could be.

To be honest I always wanted to go to Jacksonville University ever since I was in middle school, but I knew the cost was going to be too much to handle. But me being the dare devil that I am, I decided to go anyway because it was apart of my dream. Fortunately for me I was able to pay for my tuition with no problem, but the downside to that is I don't have enough money to pay for my textbooks. Textbooks for some reason, cost more then tuition it seems. Really, It shouldn't be that way.

Well Jacksonville Unilversity is no ordinary University. It's a private institution so it's a lot smaller than most colleges and it cost way more. But it doesn't really matter what type of person you are because my university caters to everyone's needs. If you like a close community or just smaller classes in general, then this is the perfect school. If you are athletic, then you are sure to find your sport here. If you want to have the over all college experience then you will have no problem; there are numerous organizations at my school.

Krista

I would tell myself not to worry so much about it. Once you're here everything just sort of falls into place. You might feel homesick at times but over all it's not that bad of a transition.

I wish I had known that walking up and down the steps in the valley never gets easier.

Probably the worst thing about JU is the lack oof school spirit.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.