Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

Katelyn

My classmates are unique in every way it is as though we have this tight bond with one another because we are all just so open minded and heart warming to each other it feels like a bond that will last even after college.

If I could go back and give myself advice about college I would tell myself I know right now all you can think about is how am I going to do this? Trust me everything is going to work out! You will have friends and family there who will support you in those times of need that are going to come your way. Also, stay focused on your main goal on why you are there. If it helps many doors will open for you here and you will soon see that every late night at work, every struggle, and all your hard effort is paying off here. You have so many people to make proud and you are doing that.

One thing I wish I would of known before I came to this school was how great it actually was going to be. I never knew I could love a school more than my high school. Before arriving here I thought I would hardly make any friends and that my teachers would not care if I struggled in my classes. That is the complete opposite, I have so many friends and getting to meet people is so easy. My teachers care more than anything on how I am doing in their class and try to help me in anyway possible.

Shanese

I would tell myself to relax more and enjoy the senior year fun because it does not last long. The real world is serious enough and the things that are happening are tough but you can make, you will make it stay positive and have fun dont wait until the last week of senior year to enjoy because you will have regrets. Live a lot, love a lot, and smile a lot life gets better from here!

A person who receives a large amound of financial aid or one who is wealthy enough to afford the ever expanding tuition costs. Wonderful college of Business as well as a excellent School of Nursing.

My classmates are somewhat friendly, but yet highly competitive.

My classmates are somewhat friendly, but yet highly competitive.

If I had to give myself advice as a high school senior, I would like to know that you can not stress about grades in college. Some professors are not going to grade you based on the success of your work, but on qualities that they find suitable for the field of study, and they all have their opinion. I would tell myself to always keep all of my assignments, because the professors can calculate your grade wrong, especially if they do not know how to work the online grading system. As a high school senior, I would like to tell myself that it is more important to focus on academics at a university over having an extravagant social life. Going in as a commuter has really made my social life on campus non-existent, but my grades are amazing. At first, I wanted to go to a school where all my high school friends were going, but choosing a university where nobody from my old high school attended was the best choice.

I wish that I had known about the certain professors that you have to watch out for before I came here.

My school is really personable and small. Every where you go there's a friendly face and help is made readily available. I love that your professor knows who you are and can be made available to help you out with advice or assistance with an assignment. As well as all the on campus activities. There are so many different organizations to join and be apart of, there is something for everyone.

I honestly do not like the fact that sometimes when the school opens for students to move back into their dorms the food places on campus do not open as well. Students are forced to eat off campus and most of us do not have the funds to do so. I believe that if you open campus to students all other resources should be open as well.

Christopher

If I could go back in time, I would tell my high school senior to stop what you are doing and look for scholarships. College is one of the most expensive things that you will come across in life. I am truely amazed of the cost. My high school senior grades I am sure are good but you should still prepare for what is to come. College is not cheap at all. So high school senior stop watching televison, stop playing basketball, stop eating you have ate four times today already, and go scholarship searching. Now!

I wish I had known that Jacksonville University did not have a collegiate level of track for the male. I was really loooking forward to running, that way I would be focused in two things that I love doing.

Chris

The advice that I would give myself is that although I was a senior, instead of having a case of "senioritis," continue to work hard to reach your goals.

A student attending Jacksonville University is one interested in obtaining the best education in which one can receive. This person should also be interested in attending a college that he/she would be proud and willing to give back to.

A person that should not attend Jacksonville University is someone that lacks dedication. The amount of time and money that this school requires demands the best of its students. A student should be completely prepared to dedicate themselves fully to succeeding in this program.

cheryl

This is not even a matter of having considered other schools. Jacksonville University is my primary school, but I have, and still am, taking some of my prerequisites at local community colleges, (all of the classes are on-line). What I have discovered is that Jacksonville University has organized their online learning to be very user friendly and walks the student through any problems such as technical issues. As for their academic advising, I consider them to be top notch. They do a good job of paying attention to the individual student and keeping the student aware of their progress.

My advice to myself would be; Don't be scared, there will be people to help you along the way, but you will need to do your part. Ask for help, people in the school office really do want to help--but you need to ask. When you feel overwhelmed--stop--take a deep breath and remember every problem does have a solution. Find a professor that you trust and talk often Look for what makes you excited-for there is is your passion for life will be And most importantly--It is OK to fail, it is not OK though to accept failure--by failing--you become a better and stronger person, if you never know failure--how can you ever know success!

The worst aspect of attending Jacksonville University on-line nursing program has been; having a great professor on-line and not being able to be in a traditional class setting. There have been a few classes that the professor has been so good that I "longed" for more time with the material and knew I could have learned so much more if I had been able to be in their regular class room.

Kyla

The classes are very small and personal, and there are many study abroad programs.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would have a few things to tell myself. I would definitely start by telling myself that the most important thing to always remember is to never doubt myself. That one piece of advice goes for many situations. If something seems impossible, believe in myself. If there is a tough decision, trust myself. I would also tell myself to stay true to who I am. Never do something that I don't agree with because someone else thinks that I should, because I know myself best and what I think of me is more important that what others think of me. I would tell myself to remember that ultimately I am the only one who can make me happy. I control my own happiness. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy life - every moment of it, good and bad. Life goes by too fast to worry and fret over things that don't go the way I want them to. Instead, appreciate everything that comes my way and see the beauty in all of it.

Michelle

Don't Stress! Keep a level head, stay focused, wake up everyday and do the best you can and you'll be just fine! Sometimes it taked a big fail to learn the lessons you need to be a HUGE success!

I wish I had researched the cost of attendance a little better.

If partying and sports are your primary focus in college, Jacksonville University may not be the school for you.

Akinlabi

Jacksonville University is a wonderful campus that offers many majors and career choices for students who are willing to dedicate themselves to the next step of their professional lives.

My college expereince has exposed me to many things. Not the least of these is the ability to positively interact with others both in and outside of my profession. Being able to accurately communicate is an important aspect of being able to function in my profession and I continue to grow and improve in this area. My college experience has also opened my eyes to the many situations and advancements being made in both science and in education. I hope to be able to utlize the knowledge I have gained in both areas to teach others how we can continue to close educational gaps in science and ultimately use this knowledge to improve conditions in our society and environment. Overall college has been valuable to attend because it has allowed me to observe how different career paths can often converge. Whenever I walk into my classroom, I am always ready to tie something I learned from college to what my students are currently learning in their lessons.

Jacksonville University is an excellent choice for students who are driven, focused, and goal-oriented. Prospective students should be ready to give their best in their studies and coursework. With all of the majors and career programs that Jacksonville University offers, as well as an outstanding athletics and MBA program, there is no limit to what students can choose as their life path. Most recently, Jacksonville University has opened the doors to its Marine Science Research Institute, which is of special interest to students who enjoy biological or environmental work.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.