Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

Akinlabi

Jacksonville University is a wonderful campus that offers many majors and career choices for students who are willing to dedicate themselves to the next step of their professional lives.

My college expereince has exposed me to many things. Not the least of these is the ability to positively interact with others both in and outside of my profession. Being able to accurately communicate is an important aspect of being able to function in my profession and I continue to grow and improve in this area. My college experience has also opened my eyes to the many situations and advancements being made in both science and in education. I hope to be able to utlize the knowledge I have gained in both areas to teach others how we can continue to close educational gaps in science and ultimately use this knowledge to improve conditions in our society and environment. Overall college has been valuable to attend because it has allowed me to observe how different career paths can often converge. Whenever I walk into my classroom, I am always ready to tie something I learned from college to what my students are currently learning in their lessons.

Jacksonville University is an excellent choice for students who are driven, focused, and goal-oriented. Prospective students should be ready to give their best in their studies and coursework. With all of the majors and career programs that Jacksonville University offers, as well as an outstanding athletics and MBA program, there is no limit to what students can choose as their life path. Most recently, Jacksonville University has opened the doors to its Marine Science Research Institute, which is of special interest to students who enjoy biological or environmental work.

Rudy

My classmates definitely know when it is time to have fun and time to be serious. When the Professor is telling a story or joking around with us after a test, we play along and understand that sometimes a lighter mood is needed to produce academic efficiency. However, when there is classwork, projects, or tests. We take this very seriously, asking questions and making sure that everyone understands the classes topic. We go as far as,making groups so that we all can learn and review the information given to us. My classmates actually care whether I pass or fail.

From my college experience I have learned that life is to short to dwell on past misfortunes. I realize that there is a bright future for me as long as I endeavor to reach academic excellence. I have been shown that I should not only try to better myself as a person, but others around me as well. Through my college experience, I now know that, true happiness can be obtained. Jacksonville University has been vauable to attend because, attending "JU" took me out of the situation I was in, back in New York; I was unhappy, uninspired and tired of being around the hardships I faced in the "ghettos" of the Bronx in New York city. Going to "JU" was a way for me to start a new life and pursue my dreams of not only one day being the first to graduate from my family, but hopefully helping my mom financially, through the career opportunities I will have from graduating from a University. I value attending Jacksonville University because it has given me a new perspective on life, that there is hope for positive change. I just hope that I can be financially able to continue attending "JU."

The best thing about Jacksonville University, informally known as "JU", is the student population. With approximately 3,000 students it is hard walking around and not having an idea who everyone is. Personally I see this as one of many of "JU's" positive qualities. Coming from another state I didn not expect to get along as well as I am with everyone. I honestly consider "JU" as being my home. I have grown as a person through my experiences and relationships with the students here, and I feel like coming here was the best choice i have ever made.

Rogelio

Going to SJVC has been the smartest decision I have ever maid, I now know how to work with elictricity,gears and bearings,programable logic controllers and hydraulics. These new skills that i have give me a new sence of felling for life, like anything is posibile and not far from my reach. My current GPA is 4.0 and Ionly have one mounth left to graduate

Kerry

In college you dont have mom or dad coming to live with you. When you go away to college your gone until you decide to go back or finish. I started out thinking away from home I know I can handle this. About two or so months later i realized it was getting to me. The time spent away from family really makes you appreciate the next time you see everyone. My college attendance is a must because of three things I want to achieve during my life now and later. First, I want to help the JU Mens Basketball Program in any ways I can to become 4-time A-Sun Champions starting this year. Second, upon graduation with my Bachelors Degrees in Sports Management and Accounting I plan on taking the most fit job in any area of sports. Why, because sports aren't just a hobby to me, they are my life. Finally, I wish to help my mother with her financial problems as well as my grandmothers. The only way to get all of these things done is to graduate Jacksonville University and take life by the hand and run with her.

I wish I would have had a better understanding about the tuition amount, and the various ways to make payments throughout the year.

If you are a student thinking that JU will be a breeze because it's a private university. JU isn't going to be the right place. JU is a student first University meaning they want to help the students get better. So if your a student who doesn't like help from your professors then JU might not fit your list of schools.

Allie

I have only been at college for a semester but my experience has been great so far. I have met so many new people and have learned to be more responsible. I don't have my parents to wake me up for class or tell me to do my homework anymore. I love being on my own to prepare me for the real world. My mom is helping me pay for college while helping my twin sister pay for her college education too. I know she does not have much money so this education is really valuable to me and I feel very lucky to even have been able to make it to college while other hard working students just don't have the money to attend school. I am working very hard to keep up my grades and make sure my college education is being put to good use.

One thing I wish I had known before I came to this school is the sports. I played soccer all my life and stopped once I got out of high school. I wish they had club sports instead of just intermurals. I would really like to start playing competitive soccer again without being on the real Jacksonville team and devoting my whole day to soccer.

The most frusterating thing about Jacksonville University is The Valley. The Vally is a huge set of stairs that go throughout a valley that leads to all of the class buildings. If you are running late for class or just too tired, there is no other way to get around it besides taking the long way. Also keep in mind, you will see at least one student either trip up or down them a couple of times throughout the year. It does make a good work-out though.

There were many factors that played into my decision in returning to school this year. The biggest one was my fear of being able to take care of my family if anything were to happen to my husband. He has always been the sole provider for our family. Over the years, I have tried to find a job to help supplement our income; however, my lack of education always eliminated me as a viable candidate. My husband and I decided it was time for me to put the time aside and return to get my education. After this first semester, I am truly amazed. I never felt I was a great student. I have learned that I am smart enough to compete with others in the current workforce. This semester has also taught me that if I am determined, no matter how hard it seems to get, I can do it. Do I wish I had taken this path at the correct time in my life? I would love to say yes, but if I had, I would not be where I am with the family I love. I have no regrets about my life. Thank you.

sean

I have learned alot since I have been attendind college. I am the youngest of 5 children and lived in the middle of the woods about an hour from town. When I started to attend college i had to learn how to things for myself. I learned how to do laundry, cook, shop and clean up after myself. At school I learned I had to take care of things myself, that my parents couldn't do it for me. Since attending college I have learned to open up and speak for myself. zi have grown up alot in the past year and I still have alot more growing to do.

The worst thing about Jacksonville University is the cost. It costs twice the amount as the other Universities in Florida. It is easier to get into than the other Universities in Florida. Most kids that live in a state like to go to a University in the state that they are from. It is harder to get into a school when you want to play a sport. We have had to apply for loans, grants and even borrow money. I was not able to live on campus because the cost is high.

With jacksonville University being a small University it does not offer alot of choices with electives. They also don't have as many classes of a subject as a big University. The classes fill up real quick, and then you have you choose a class that is early in the morning. When you play a sport it is hard to attend an early class.

Nathan

Shortly following my high school graduation, I moved 3,000 miles from home to begin my year of service as an AmeriCorps member. It wasn’t immediately obvious but I was embarking on an adventure of self-discovery that would ultimately embody my subconscious desire. The opportunity to mentor at-risk youth and serve as a positive role model was more rewarding than I was able to comprehend as I prepared for my journey home. My year of service ended yet my heart’s desire had not been satisfied. Returning home allowed me to continue working with at-risk youth in my own community. Witnessing hardships on the streets of my youth left me with no alternative but to devote myself to "community". I accepted a job with a local non-profit counseling homeless youth but I knew further initiative was required. I was fortunate to have discovered and been accepted into The University of New Hampshire’s Community Leadership Program which is enabling me to embrace a career in service. Lessons I have learned are already enhancing my ability as a homeless youth case worker and with less than a semester completed I’m confidant in my approaching future.

Grace

There are several benefits to attending Jacksonville University. First and foremost, it offers aviation majors, which few universities do. Also, the small class sizes have allowed meto get to know my professors well, which is especially important in my major. They are very helpful and always available. One other benefit was that I wa able to start flying within a month or two of starting at Jacksonville University.

Only that we get out ealrier in spring usually, and for winter break.

Christian

It is a private University in my hometome.

It is a private University in my hometome.

My college experience, though it is just beginning, has been incredible. I am already expanding out of my comfort zone and trying things I never have before. However, I was accepted to many of the larger universities in my state but could not afford to go to them because I live in a single parent home and it is difficult for my father to send me off to college. We did not receive much controbution from the government but a scholarship would allow me to go and prove myself at a large University where I have always wanted to go to.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.