Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

Candace

My school is academically challenging and in touch with it's students.

My school is academically challenging and in touch with it's students.

In the time I have attended Jacksonville University, I have learned a great deal about my major and gained a copious amount of friends. I have also attained a new sense of responsibility and have adapted to a place out of my comfort zone. JU provides great campus security and provides many programs to help students settle in such as buddy programs, clubs, and social events.

Dominique

I have learned to be a more responsible person. College has taught me how to not depend on my parents and becoming more of an adult. I learning how to manage my money and when to make certain decisions. College has shown me how life would be 300 plus miles away from my family. It helped me to learn to appreciate and value my family more. Without my family I wouldn't have made it this far and continue to make it. It has been valuable to attend college because of all the life lessons I have learned here so far. College is the time to mess up and make mistakes in life so I can learn from them, and I will know what not to do when I enter the real world. I appreciate my college experience and without it I don't know what kind of person I would turn out to be.

I wish I would have known to apply for housing really early in order to stay in the nicer dorms.

The most frustrating thing is the campus activity. Campus activity isn't all that great and I feel it could be a whole lot better.

rina

To be honest, I was very disappointed with this university. I feel like it was a waste of money. I did not get any help from advising and they actually made things worse for me and now I can't even graduate when I was supposed to. If I was to do this again, I would not attend this university.

The weather is nice

I don't brag about this school. I would never go here again

Dear Sarah, You are only a few months away from starting the journey of a lifetime. College will be like nothing you have ever experienced. While the classes and your grades will be vital for your success, take the time to form relationships and get to know the people around you. You will regret time spent studying on a Friday night when you could?ve taken a little time out to spend it with your friends. Also be independent but don?t hesitate to ask for help when you need it?even if you might feel embarrassed. You cannot do everything on your own and you need people. You will be surprised the kind of help you will receive and the people you will meet if you simply put yourself out there. And lastly, just be you! You will not truly be happy or content with college life unless you stay true to yourself. Live in the moment and say what you are feeling?regardless of what people might think. Enjoy being you! And if you keep making people laugh every day?know this: you are doing something right. Love, You Know Who

I love how the professors are genuinely concerned about your academic life as well as your personal life. They are always willing to help you or give you advice. I also love the school spirit at my school and how you feel like a part of a big cohesive community.

I think people who are ambitious and very sure of how they are and what they want should attend this school. If you are the kind of person who just wants something great to fall into your lap by chance then this is not the school for you. You have to work hard and network in order to get where you want to be in life.

Deanna

My classmates are everyday people just trying to continue their education and get their degree.

I would tell myself "Deanna do not take for granted everything your mother and family have done for you." I'm not even going to lie, I miss my mom making me study and reminding me to do this and that. I learned the hard way you have to make yourself study or your grades will show it at the end of the semester. I have never mad below a 3.0 gpa. I was so crushed. But I have learned from my mistakes. The advice my family gave me repeatedly my senior year about college, I am now taking seriously. As a young adult I have to make better choices and learn to just say no to going to the club when I know I should be studying. This spring semester I plan on doing a whole lot better.

The class sizes are small, because I want my teacher to be able to know my name wtithout telling me and if I ever need one on one help they would have tim for me.

Christopher

The college is organized and I am impressed with it's school of education even though this is my first semester here. I know that I will receive a degree that is not only meaningful but worth the time and effort. I must say that I feel at home and accepted. Originally I wanted to attend a much larger University but that did not work out and JU has been everyhting I thought I was looking for. I am from a small town and the University definitely has a homely feel to the campus.

The year 2006, there?s a young man standing on the threshold of a brilliant future, but doesn?t know it yet. He has just graduated high school and knows everything there is to know about everything, right? Probably, but then again he hasn?t met me or more appropriate himself. After the initial shock he asks one simple question. What does our future hold? I reply; it holds what we make of it but, remember these truths. Keep the faith, the moral foundation established by our parents is our guide and our identity. Place trust in God and stay on his path. Be patient, this being the most difficult as it will take patience to work a part-time job to pay for all the part-time community college credits we will receive?eventually. Yes, we are a gifted conversationalist however, to be successful become an even better listener. Especially listen vigilantly to our parents, family, friends and future co-workers it is their short comings and failures that will be the driving force to our success. We must work hard to make all of them proud. It?s our success that will be a shared treasure for all.

I wish that I knew about this University's well organized, competent and caring staff. A efficient and deticated support staff was the difference for me. I knew that this college was for me after my first visit. I wish I would have known about the staff and my personal feeling of comfort I have for the campus and other members of the Ju family.

Tatiana

Being a sheltered child in high school with no experience what so ever in partying, drinking or even boys for that matter, I would return to my high school self and ensure her that there is nothing to really look forward to in the party scene but instead it was a waste of time that took my focus away from bigger priorities. I was a straight A student in high school because I strived above and beyond and wish I would have continued that way throughout my college career. I would tell myself that there is plenty of time for partying after my studies and after I graduate the top in my class instead of just being average.

The worst thing about my school is that it still feels like high school. It is a small school so everyone knows everyone and so the gossip and rumors seem to spread like wild fire. It is irritating that most of the students don't act like adults but instead little children who have nothing better to do but party and sleep around.

Due to the fact it is a very small university the classes are very small and intimate with a max of 15 students in each class. Therefore most of the teachers base your grade off of attendance and not the quality of work. After like two absences you get a whole letter grade dropped and your GPA no longer reflects your knowledge ability but instead your attendance ability. So if you slack but show up you can get a better grade than those who work hard and do excellent work.

Shandon

Coming up in high school I was aware of college but not to its full extent. No one in my family had been and my school was not so big on college. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have plenty to say. I would want to make myself aware different aspects of the schools. Different colleges have different aspects that I did not know as a senior. I was unaware of how financial aid works. I was unaware if how loans worked. I was also unaware of all the school that offered my major. If I really could go back I would have planned ahead. I would tell myself to research a lot more. I would need to find out more about the different schools. I would have also told myself to apply to many more schools and more scholarships. With that being said if I could have went back I would be a better college student than I am now. I would be in less debt and be more aware of where of the different options I could have taken if I didn?t like one school.

A person who is looking for a big school wit a lot of big camous activities. The school is really small .

Patrick

The two main points I would tell myself would be both pack lightly and make contact early. When I left for Jacksonville University, I packed too much (as much as a soccer mom van full). Once it was all transferred up to my room, I was left alone to unpack and settle in. Needless to say, I was in over my head with clothes I'd never wear, and folders I wouldn't use. The other point I'd make to my high school self would be make friends as soon as possible. There are several different ways to come in contact with university students that are transferring there, whether it be Facebook, or the assigned roommate(s). I, unfortunately, did not take advantage of this, and went into college blind, so to speak. Be social early, often, and try to keep it up, because with more friends and familiar faces, life in college gets to be pretty awesome.

In my belief, I think I would tell myself do not dwell on each individual issue that could happen. I spent a lot of my time sweating the small stuff, and crafted a horrible first few weeks in college. "Enjoy your time here, and everything will always work out," I'd say. "Obviously you aren't the first and only freshman who has no knowledge of college life." What of the freshman forget is that colleges have gone through this process many times before, and they know what they're doing.

The people who are in college only to party. This school (especially the nursing program I am in) is known to be very tough for those who don't care much about their education, and those who spend the countless nights out and about, with an exam the next day, usually don't make it through the first few months. Those who are like this, but want to change, must put work into shaping their habits to be responsible. And when one has the right people around them, it is pretty easy and fun.

Harry

Dear Self, Apply to more schools! Do not settle for the first school that accepts you, you are going to want to be somewhere challenging! I know you may not be motivated right now, but when it comes time for you to apply for a career, you are going to wish you attended the best University into which you were capable of gaining acceptance. During college you will see yourself mature greatly from a kid who wants to be 'cool', fit in, and do nothing but party. In college, you learn responsibility, realize that standing out makes you 'cooler' than fitting in, and that if you do nothing but party, when you graduate you will know how to do nothing but party (and partying is not much fun when it is by yourself, on a street corner, and the people you're begging for money are not your parents). In short, the best lesson to learn is to accept that the 'cool' thing to do is to work hard and find motivation to become successful; and where you attend affects that motivation greatly. Besides, I've never seen anyone driving a Bently that wasn't at least pretty cool.

Anyone with a drop of motivation in their blood can do better than Jacksonville University. I think of transferring almost daily and do not only because I am literally paid to go here. The social life here is non-existant, so anyone interested in meeting new friends or interacting beyond the classroom, this school is not for you. Also, anyone interested in big sports teams or school spirit should not attend this dismal 'University'. Do not attend this school expecting a night life. If you plan on joining a fraternity, avoid this school because they are small and generally unattractive.

This topic requires a student of Jacksonville University to pick their brain, due to the myriad of possibilities worthy of mention. Be it the high freshmen transfer rate (over 50 percent of the 'friends' you may make here as a freshmen transfer after their first year), the low level of academic competitiveness or even awareness, or just the general unfriendliness apparent while spending only a few hours on campus, Jacksonville University is the antithesis of college ideal. If you are interested in being surrounded by thought-stimulating academiclly oriented peers engaging in friendly intellectual competition, avoid at all costs.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.