Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

Jacksonville University has a great staff/faculty and provides a comfortable environment for learning, as well as growing.

In high school I wasn't too concerned with going to college and told myself I could always go back. I ended up taking classes at a community college and online to get my Associates Degree, but didn't really enjoy the effort it took. Now that I have actually gone away to school, I actually really, really enjoy it. If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to definitly look into going away to school. Not only is it about getting a degree, but the friends I have made in the past 4 months as well as just experiencing a new part of the country has been something no one should pass up.

Anyone who is interested in attending a small school with a nice atmosphere should look into Jacksonville University. The classes are small which allows for easier chances for one on one time with the teachers if you need further help. Due to the small number of students, there is also a nice sense of community among us which makes the student life very enjoyable.

Brittaney

If I could go back to being a high school senior I would tell myself to not worry being a freshman and being intimated by upperclassman because they were once a freshman once and they know what it feels like to be the new kid in a new place. I would tell myself to take the time to fill out scholarships; I would tell myself that there will hundreds of other freshman who are away from home and missing families just like myself and it is not just me. I would tell myself that high school is not the four best years of my life because I have four years coming up that I truly believe will out shine high school.

The kind of person that should not attend Jacksonville University is someone who is willing to apply themselves. This is a small school, the classes are small and the teachers know you by name. Teachers can and will get in touch with Coaches and your ROTC teacher.

The most frustrating is watching kids my age, true freshmans, that think college is the same as high school and act out in class and disrespect teacher. Do they not know they are spending precious dollars to go to college and the high school and college are the same thing?

Josh

Lack of school spirit, alumni support, quality buildings, helpful financial aid, and security.

Dissatisfied with their choice of college.

Don't underestimate your abilities in football. You can play at a better school closer to home with a better Computer Science Program. Football isn't the most important thing, you need to choose somewhere that is known for their computer science program. There is just as much fun in Orlando as there is in Jacksonville, and you'll be closer to home. Don't let Coach Kerwin Bell fill your mind with lies when you visit JU. Get more of your parents input.

If I could have a few words with my high school self. I would say, relax. Enjoy every moment even the tough ones. If you work hard you will suceed, so work hard all the time, but never lose sight of whats most important. If college taught me nothing else, it taught me that there the most important things cant come from the university but comes from within you. How much you can really handle, how much you can really process and get done. You will suprise yourself at how much your capable of. Allow youreself to adjust and assimilate into the surroundings. Go with the flow. Have fun.

I think the worsk things about school is the stress. The constant barage of information, schedules, and the responsibility to complete all of it before deadlines. Doing this all and having to do it well.

Someone who is afraid of being noticed. There are small class sizes so you become involved in the classes and professors. Someone who uptight and a control freak, this school is laid back but demanding the overall atomosphere is take it easy, but work hard.

Chris

I would say that you need to keep your focus o your first semesters solely on your grades cause it is so hard afterards to get higher gpa averages and that you not take a break.

I tell them about how great the teachers are because most of the professors care for thier students. Also the administration is very cooperative.

The tuition is really expensive and the food here is not that adequate.

Anesha

There diversity level is one that I have not seen in any schools that I have looked at. I also love how you can step on the campus and feel like you automatically belong there. Everyone makes you feel very welcome.

The college you choose should reflect what you feel you want to be in life. For instance, if you want to be a singer, you should go to a school that concentrates on developing vocal technique. If you like dramatic arts, go to a college that focuses on theatrics. Let your college be a reflection of you. It's important that you be happy advancing in your education. Once you get into that college, you have to get involved in the things that you are passionate about on your campus, so that you can maintain a social life in college. It is true that most lifelong bonds are formed in college so being open to difference (culture/ethnicity etc.) is something you should come prepared to experience.

I love how easy it is to meet people, because when you get to school you have to find people that you have something in common with. It will just make your school year a whole lot easier.

Alexandra

Small classes give you the ability to really focus on your academic work

Small classes give you the ability to really focus on your academic work

Keep your options open and really look into the fine print of your University's housing contracts.

You must live on campus for your first two years of college and if you are not in greek life, you basically have no life

My school is open to all types of new possibilities and change, and it is the place for anyone who wants to have a great educational experience and have some fun at the same time by getting involved on and off campus.

My classmates are extremely helpful and pretty outgoing during group projects.

What do you do when you are faced with the decision of picking which college is for you? First, you must decide what it is you want out of your college. Do you want a strict academic learning environment or something a little more open to change and free speak? Do you want a big college or a small college? The questions go on and on and are never ending. Well, once you have some answers, try to narrow down your college search to about one or two or maybe even three colleges/universities. Your next step should be to go to these schools and take a guided tour of the campus and you may want to prepare a small list of questions. After your tour, ask your guide any questions you had on your list that they may not have answered and any new ones you may have. Therefore, you will have a greater understanding of what the university is about. Finally, you just have to think to yourself, what is the right school for me? Ultimately, you have to make a final decision and just make sure that you will be happy at the school of your choice.

sara

My classmates are fun loving people who don't take life seriusly most of the time.

I would give the advice of starting early on all forms. Just keep filling out scholarship forms till you know for sure if you have enght money. And to remember to breath it will all work out in the end.

There is nothing i wanted to know that i didn't know before hand.

Timothy

Just the right size for somebody looking for a smaller school with a close knit atmosphere and the ability to get to know most of the people on campus.

The main thing is to visit all of the schools that are considered and if possible sit in on a couple classes to get a feel for what is expected. Also if you plan on joining a greek organization or any other group/club to get as much research about the one on each particular campus and talk with people who are currently involved; this will give the opportunity to evaluate each school from a different perspective. When choosing a school you need to determine whether you want large lecture hall or small classroom instruction depending on how your learn most efficiently. Sure money comes into play but typically more expenisve private schools offer larger scholarships and are more willing to give it out. Then if you are torn between a couple make a check list and score each school and see if the scores for each help at all.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.