Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jacksonville University

My classmates are energetic, soulful, diverse, funny, goal oriented and most importantly, they are my best friends that I will carry with me through my entire life.

To perents I would ask them not to forget their children. It really stinks to be the only person at the lunch table without a card or care package from their parents. To the students, when searching for the college, don't settle. If you want a program go for it and apply! Thats how I got to JU where I couldn't be happier. While you are there remember that this is a time of change. You may not end in the same major you started out with, and that is perfectly fine. This is the time to find the balance between work and play. So, when you make a mistake keep pushing forward. Find you and find what makes you happy.

I would have loved for someone to have sat me down and told me how much college would really cost! I would have looked into so many more oppritunities for scholarships and grants. Also, it would have been nice to have someone help map out the classes I would need to make the most out of my four years here. I wish someone would have told me how complicated it would be living with so many students in close quarters. Roomates can either be a blessing or a curse.

Rachele

In my opinion, there is nothing that unique about this university. It is the same structure and has the same focuses as the other universities I considered.

In order to find the right college for you, or your son/daughter, chose wisely. Students- do not focus on a college that your parents would prefer you to attend; they may have your best interests at heart, but if you are not completely into a college, do not use it as your top choices. Parents- the opposite applies; do not push your son/daughter into attending a particular college if they are not all into the one you desire for them. It is alright to nudge them in a certain path, but the ultimate decision lies with the student. When chosing a college for the first time, have your career goals in mind. You should be asking, "Does this place offer my major?" and "Are the professors here knowledgeable in my areas of interest?" Do not base your decision primarily on the quality of the dorms, or the social life on campus. However, make sure that the college you do chose have some activities you are willing to participate in. Attending campus events and meeting people with the same interests you have is a great way to make the most of your college experience.

I wish that I had known that Calculus was way harder that everyone let on. Also that at universites, most classes are more strict and require more studying that classes at community college.

Shiquita

They are a interesting group of people. Very funny and honest. The classes are never boring.

Explore you choices and don't rush in to it.

The worst thing about my school is the dorm room, they are kind of small and there are too many things going on in the dorms for a person to focus in work.

Ben

College is about research. Teachers want their students to research, so I would tell parents and students to do the same. The student should first understand his/her own interest. A liberal arts college is very different from a non- liberal arts college and a public college is very different from a private collage. Researching can let the parents and students find out what the college has to offer; social life, athletics, majors, and even living. The college should appeal to the student so once the student gets there he/she could flourish and grow into a young adult. Once the colleges have been researched, make a top five list and then visit the schools to feel if they mesh with the atmosphere of the college. Good atmospheres are very important. Being in a good atmosphere makes the student comfortable and if the student is comfortable, once hes at the college he will feel free to engage in many of the college activities. The college experience is about upgrading yourself as a person to have the tools to be successful in life. THis can be very stressful so being in a supportive and friendly atmosphere promotes growth and success.

meal plan and plublic safety---tie!!!

Felix

My classmates are focused and at the same time very social.

My classmates are focused and at the same time very social.

When looking for a college or University, students should consider what is right for them, not the most prestige or popular college campus in the area or out of state. Students and parents should look for activities and clubs offered on campus, and keep an open eye for the friendliness of faculty and administration. If the students looking into University life does better in smaller, more intimate classrooms, then a private school may fit their interests somewhat better than a large University. As long as the choice in school is convenient for both the student and the parent, then both parties will get the most out the college experience.

The most frustating thing about my school are the expenses needed to enroll. Being a Private school gives Jacksonville University's students a chance to have more of a one on one experience with the Professors and each other, but great education comes with a great price.

Aaron

Jacksonville University is a small four year institution located close to both the busy city and the relaxing beach, which prides itself in its multicultural environment, qualified staff, hardworking students, and Division 1 athletics.

The students at Jacksonville University come from a plethora of cities, states, and countries, yet all blend together with two common goals; acquiring life-long friends and contacts and capitalizing on all of the tools placed in front of them.

The college experience is one of the most defining eras of any person?s life. During college you not only find out which career you will pursue, but often who you are as a person. For many students the newfound freedom of life away from their parents can sometimes be plagued with the images of partying, alcohol, and sex. At many schools, these images are actualities. When choosing the perfect school, I encourage you and your child to think about what his or her goals truly are in life. They may not know what they want to do for a career, but I believe everyone has an ideal image of what they would like their lives to be like in 10 years. Think about this image and decide which of your weaknesses would keep you from obtaining this goal. When looking into a school, ask current students how they view their campus in terms of partying, academic helpfulness, extracurricular activities, and other aspects that may hinder/help you during your experience. Remember that the most important goal is your degree, but you should enjoy the experience. Your college years are stepping stones in you life?s journey, enjoy them.

Kirsten

My school is best known for its aviation, nursing, and dancing programs. Many of the students who attend my schoolcome from far away because they are specifically there for one of those programs. The rest of the students are local. Students usually only choose to attend my school because it is one of the few institutions where they can earn a degree in the area in which they are interested. There are not many students who choose the school for any other reason, except for the fact that it may be close to home.

If given the opportunity to advise parents and/or students with making the right college choice, I would use my personal experiences as a guide. During my own college selection process, I feel that I began by taking the wrong steps. I started very late with completing the process, which gave me little time to find the school that was the best fit for me. It also limited me to which schools I would be able to apply , simply because of the nearly approaching application deadlines. My first advice would be to start your college research as early as possible because the earlier you start, the higher chance you will have to get into the college of your choice. I would advise parents to talk to teach their children early on the importance of recieving a college eduaction. It i best to help them to understand that in order to have stability in life, they must work hard to earn a degree. It is also very important for parents to encourage their children to follow a path that interests them. When one is passionate about their job, they will perform to highest abilities.

The worst thing about my school is that it is a small community, where there is not much room to gain acceptance for being unique. Anyone who is stands out in any way is looked down on rather than appreciated. It tends to make those people feel that they are not in the right place and that they do not belong. There is not much creativity in the students becuase there are so few students. Therefore, anyone who is different may not find too many other people that they feel they can relate to and connect with.

Having small classes, being expensive but worth the money.

Having small classes, being expensive but worth the money.

When selecting a college or university I feel that you need to feel comfortable when you are on campus. When you are in a more comfortable setting you will find it easier to learn and make friends. Obviously finances need to be a deciding factor, but always remember you do get what you pay for. The faculty should be diverse and easy to talk to. This is a big decision to make and it will change the rest of your life. Just remember to take it all in when you are on a campus tour. Remember the views, the faces, the smells in the air. This will be your life for the next four years. And parents let your children have a say, this is not an oppurtunity for you to live vicarously through them.

That some of the classes from my previous school would not transfer.

Jacksonville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.