Bay Minette, AL
James H Faulkner State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend James H Faulkner State Community College

Ebony

My overall opinion on James h Faulkner state community college is that it's a very good school you can really focus there not that many people in the classrooms the professors are there if you need help an there's also tutoring if you can't get to your professor than there's someone there that can help with anything .

Noor

Faulkner State defines me as an individual. I feel a sense of belonging in this community and it successfully lives up to its community by providing all the students with a safe and encouraging environment. I have learned to define failure as my steps to ultimate success through my fantastic teachers who motivate me endlessly. I love Faulkner and I always will. It's my home, my motivation, and my path to success.

kaylee

FSCC is a great place to start out especially if you are unsure about what you want to do. It is a place where you can figure yourself out. The teachers are great and they want you to do your very best. No matter what the need even if it is reviewing a speech for you they are their.

Ebony

My overall opinion for the school is that it's not very big it's easy to navigate around the campus there not really things to do on campus...AT ALL! You have to go out of the way like 30 mins away to really go some where same as for food , especially if your tired of eating the same thing over an over . It does get g Boring .classes aren't big which is the way I like it more one on one time with the teachers homeworks not hard at all you just have to do it an study. But as an overall school it's not that bad just wasn't planning on it being like this my first year in college.

Connie

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I'd tell her that it's okay that you are not going to a four year college like your friends. Don't be disappointed you are going to a junior college, because it's the best decsion you will ever make. You will learn who you are, and who you want to be. You will praised for your obsession with History, heck you'll even get a scholarship becasue of it. I'd also tell her it's okay you were just an average highschool student, because in two years that won't matter. Two years from now you'll be dawning a gap and gown once again and you'll be the one with drapped in a golden stoll, and chords, walking across that stage to shake a hand and reciecve your first degree. You'll be the one going to her first choice universty on a scholarship, all becasue you attended Faulkner. I'd tell her going to Faulkner isn't the end, but the beginning.

The best thing about my school is that its a junior college. I think going to a junior college gets you feet wet. It gave me a chance to find out who I was, who I wanted to be. Going to Faulkner gave me insight into what I wanted to do with my life, by connecting with people who shared the same passions as I did.

There was nothing really frustrating about my school. If I needed help I was helped.

George

I would advise to push myself a little bit harder to work for those scholarships. Do not get stressed out, it's hard for everyone not just you. Go ahead and find a university to attend, the experience is like no other. last but not least, get more help. let the teachers and counselers push you as far as you can go for your future.

Trying to get help. it is incredibly difficult to get asistance or information.

Tamara

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would advise myself to plan early. I made the mistake when I was a high school senior not to plan my future or think through my options, I was just ready to graduate. That is something i regret most. I thought college would be just like high school and teachers would tell me what to do and push me to be my best, but that is not the truth at all. College is all about oneself and your own future, other people can not make your decisions for you. So, if I could go back in time I would tell myself to figure out what I want my life to be and be fully set on my goals so that when the time gets there I would be ready.

The worst thing about Faulkner State is the location. It is located in a small town far away from the city. I think that Faulkner State is one of the best community colleges in Alabama and a lot of my friends feel the same way however, because it is so far away from the city many people are not able to attend it.

Someone who is only interested in the social part of college should not attend Faulkner State. This is not a school for someone who wants to meet a lot of new people and hopes to attend a school with a lot of activities and clubs.

Kenneth

Our students come from all walks of life.

Our students come from all walks of life.

Ken, Soon you will be in college and in a whole new world. It is up to you to make the most of your time now and to prepare yourself for the future. Instill in yourself a strong work ethic, because it will be tested. Develop a sure moral compass, because it is easy to get lost. Build a network of support to catch you when you stumble. You will stumble, so practice getting back up now. ?Now?, now is best time for these things. I wish good luck Ken, but more importantly, I pray you are well prepared.

Entrance into the school's programs are very competitive. Tuition is inexpensive.

Adrienne

First of all, if you are not ready to fully take on the responsibility of studying, going to class, and applying yourself to your school then you should wait until you are. School is not a social event where you go to class to meet your friends and pass notes talking about the best parties coming up for the weekend. Your education is most important and that should come before your social events. Take it seriously and study, spend time getting to know the teacher and other students whose main focus is getting the best education and not the best alcohol for the weekend. You only have one shot at this, you're paying for it and putting all your time into it, you might as well get as much out of it as you can. Learn all that you can and use it for good. Take electives that you will enjoy and that you can use in the future, not just ones that you can sleep through just to get a credit. Buckle down and apply yourself. You would rather look back with immense knowledge rather than immense hangovers. Good Luck, You can do this!

Anyone with children, low income families and families that can't afford Universities. Any type of person can attend this college. If you prefer a closer relationship with your teacher in a smaller based classroom, as opposed to a 200 student study hall, then this is your school. 20-30 students per class.

I think anyone can attend this school. Its perfect for the wealthy student, and the low income. Obviously if you are not driven to fullfill your education then you shouldn't attend this school.

James H Faulkner State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.