Bay Minette, AL
James H Faulkner State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend James H Faulkner State Community College

The students at my school vary in age and background, which I think gives the school character and is more appealing to prospective students; for instance, an older student would not feel as apprehensive to apply because there are others who are going to college for the first time in a later stage of life and would be more encouraged to reach for their goals.

I made many irresponsible choices in high school. If I could go back in time, I would put the fear of God in me to do my homework and try harder on my exams. I could have done some great things if I had just put a little more effort into my scholastic duties. Of course, now that I am out on my own and working, I realize that my education could have been used to my advantage. Now I am reaping the benefits of my hard work. I am honored with promotions and raises; however this could have been a higher level of acheivment had I applied myself more in school. A part of me thinks that this is a lesson learned and that I can use this to teach others in that position that they may think it's "no big deal" now, but when you are actually out there working, an education can mean the difference between getting a job or not, a raise or none, or a promotion and staying where you are. I definitely have told my little brother to do his best in school so that he can acheive as much as possible.

My school has three campuses, and I happen to live closest to the smallest of the three. A huge disadvantage about that is I do not have access to as many classes as others nearer to larger campuses do because the resources are limited, as are classrooms. I have to drive to a campus a few towns away to get a class the I need in my particular program of study. The good thing is that the school is accessible to more people in my area, which is beneficial considering I live in the largest county in my state.

Daisy

Faulkner State Community College really helps students to understand college at an easier level than just jummping into a big university, and I think that more students suceed by going to a junior college.

My classmates are very friendly, helpful as a study buddy, and have the want to suceed just like I do.

If I was a high school senior I would have told myself that this senior year means a lot. I would have took studying more seriously than just playing around. I am doing good in college now, but I am having to adapt to the college life by studying, reading from the text book, and taking notes in class. I would also have also told myself to listen to the teachers and what they have to say. I listened, but I did not think to take the words to heart. They would tell my class that college is way different from high school and you all are going to have to make more time for studying than what you all do now. I would have just told myself to get ready and be commited to school and keeping my grades up, because that is what college life is about.

Brooke

My school is small but very personable and that is why I chose to come to Faulkne State.

I would have learned better study habits. In high scool I did not have to study. I could go to class, listen to the lectures sometimes and be able to ace the test the next day. In college it is totally different. There is no studying the night before and being able to pass a test. Being a nursing major, it is very competitive to get into most programs. Grades are the first thing that they look at to be accepted. So making good grades in all my classes not just anatomy is my main priority. It takes weeks to study for some test and for someone not being use to studying it was very hard the first semester in college. I had a very rude awakening per say. So good study habits would be something I wish I would have learned prior to attending college.

A person who is looking to go to school but wants to get their feet wet before going to a big university. Faulkner has small classes where the intructors are able to help you with anything you need. Unlike big universities, Faulkners intructors know all of their students by name. To me this is one of the most rewarding things.

James H Faulkner State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.