Jamestown, NY
Jamestown Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jamestown Community College

Amy

Jamestown Community College offers amazing programs with classes, both, on campus and online. The professors are amazing and always willing to help. The learning center has amazing tutors, free to students, with very flexible hours. The college brings in guest speakers, entertainers, and holds activities on campus that really keep the community active and engaging. Overall, this is a great community college and I would highly recommend it.

CHARLES

I'm really enjoying the school so far. I like being in the dorms because I'm on campus and know everything that's going on, the students are friendly and the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating during registration. This is not my first college experience, but it is the best so far. The campus is small and intimate and I think I'm going to do well here.

Brian

I think it is one of the best values for the dollar. The faculty and staff are knowledgeable and very accommodating. The lessons learned here will carry on through life.

Timothy

The best thing about Jamestown Community College was the relationships formed between both students and professors in small-class environments. Professors were always easygoing and took notice of good work, often going beyond their duties and providing learning opportunities for students through internships and other work-related experiences. The professors were upbeat and passionate about the material, making it very exciting to learn, especially in my field of media production in which I was able to participate in two marketing/videographer internships my sophomore year. The student body as well was relaxed, friendly, and very determined to achieve their goals. On-campus housing was excellent, with freshmen living in townhouse-styled residence halls complete with a kitchen, living room, single bedrooms, and dual bathrooms you'd typically only see of juniors or seniors at state-level schools. The lack of a decent internet connection however made late night research papers and Netflix sessions very infuriating for many students. The cafeteria food was great however very limited in diversity. My biggest pet-peeve with the cafe was the soggy fries. I swear to this day, they throw your fries into the fryer for a minute at most and call it a day. I've probably gone on a rant about those at least 30 times now. I can't say anything to the staff there because they're just too nice! But as long as the chicken tenders are good, I'm satisfied because that's all I need to get through the day. Jamestown Community College is a wonderful place to begin for an individual to begin college. Between the great friends you make and share experiences with as well as the energetic and passionate professors whose goal is to set you up on the path to your dreams, you'll never regret coming to JCC... ...and the chicken tenders are pretty good too.

Blake

I would tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as I possibly can. Maybe I would even fill one out per night. Without the financial resources, one is really limited to where they can go to school and it might not be what I'm looking for, plus I'll still have to pay back the loans and work during school semesters because my parents won't help me out despite my grades and determination.

The worst thing about JCC is that it is only a two-year school.

Initially, I had a terrible advisor who made me feel uncomfortable, however, it was easy to switch and all of the other advisors are much better.

Josh

It is 2009 again, and im a senior again in high school. I see myself sitting at the desk bored out of my mind daydreaming into the air waiting for the bell to ring. The bell rings, but its not the bell to leave, its the bell to listen to your future. I hear myself saying to stay awake and pay attention because this is the easy part of your life. Dont take a class because you think that it will be easy, or drop out of a class if you think its going to be to hard. Take some math classes and learn a thing or two. Math is important and is important in college, and everyday life. I hear the future say its my time to shine and do what is needed to get the best education. You need to ready yourself for the future ahead as it is more tremendous than a senior at this high school. The bell rings, time to leave, learning that it is important to pay attention. Tommorrow is a new day to a new start to learn new and interesting things that will make my life easier.

College is a place where you can extend your knowledge to be successful in everyday life. College prepares you for what is to come in the future, and is a place to get you started. The best thing about JCC is the education, even though its a cheaper school I belive that everyone gets the same education no matter where you go to school. I believe this is the best thing because education is the reason we go to college in the first place and learning is the basis to everyday life.

The college I attend did come with some suprises I wished I known before I came. The education is a little different than what it was in high school as college does not just hand work out to you. I found this to be more of a reponsibility issue than a surprise. On the other hand high school was just give and take which did not really prepare kids to develop that responsibility. We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.

Breanna

This school is a great, inexpensive way to earn an associates degree to reach your ideal career goal.

The advice that I would have given myself would be to go into college with an open mind and accept the changes that will happen in your life. When you first attend college it can be scary. Not knowing anyone or being afraid to ask people for help will be one of the biggest challenges anyone will face. College changes your life for the better and sometimes for the worse. But whatever happens, you must be willing to accept these changes and know that they are going to be apart of you. Having an open mind and being accepting of new ideas will make for a much easier atmosphere not only for you, but for the people around you. It is okay to be yourself. College is made up of many different types of people, and if you are willing to be open to other people's ideas, then your college experience will create you into a well-adjusted and well-rounded person for the future.

The type of person that should atten this school is someone that is not 100% sure about what they want their career to be. This school offers great programs that allows anyone to take. It offers a great range of degree programs and with a little help from the staff, anyone can find the career they are looking for.

Carrie

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to make sure I am prepared. Do not pick a school just because your friends are going. That is what I did the first time I went to College and it didn't work out. Make sure that you know what you want to do with your life before deciding on a major, and try all that you can in High School so that you have a better outlook on what you may want to do for the rest of your life.

People that are looking for a real college experience etc should not attend this school. The Olean campus does not even have dorms etc.

Some of the teachers do not care about teaching the curriculum they need to to help students succeed.

Jamestown Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.