Hawkins, TX
Jarvis Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jarvis Christian College

J'Son

Jarvis Christian College is a good school but it's in the country and the signal is terrible and needs more events going.

Denise

Jarvis Christian College wasn't my first option but once i got to see the campus and the people around it I fell in love. The environment is very positive yes you have some that does things that effect us as a whole but with the right enforcement we get better as one. I love my HBCU with my all heart and I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

This School is a great school to attend especially for incoming students who would like to study in the fields of criminal justice, pre-law, business, and kinesiology. Although the school is in the middle of nowhere the staff and student here make it pretty fun throughout the week. Being at Jarvis has been somewhat challenging and great.

Sterling

I brag the most about how my school can get people in right away, doesn't matter if you had any struggle in high school. My school can help anyone out with getting help with any assistance and need as much people as needed.

Anyone that is looking for a quick start, and easy to get in with fast results.

Preston

My college is an HBC (Historically Black College) called Jarvis Christian College, I am currently there to play baseball and it has been an honor and priviledge to be given the opportunity to play the sport I love. Jarvis is a small college, in a small town, but it has been an interesting experience for me and something that I wouldn't trade. Actually, the thing I find most unique is the fact that they don't have a football team, so the homecoming is completely centered around baseball.

The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would be to become a better test taker. I always had good grades in school, because of all the homework and busy work, and I would do okay on the tests, but not always great. No matter how much I studied, I just was not a good test taker, I didn't have those test taking skills and the correct studying methods. Tests are extremely important in college, you may have multiple classes throughout your college career that are only tests, I learned that the hard way. It has made making good grades in college a lot harder for me than I ever imagined it would be. I always thought it would be the same as high school, making good grades by doing all my work and then doing alright on the tests. College proved me wrong and it is definitely an uphill battle I have been fighting going through my college career, but I have gained ground and continue to improve.

I think the best thing about school is the school spirit. Jarvis may be a small school, in a small town in North East Texas but the school is full of school spirit. The students are really involved in all the sports and the staff is very supportive as well. Students really get into the games and get involved with the atheletes. Students do an amazing job of making sure the atheletes feel at home and welcome and appreciated and their support is definitely a big help. Makes it a great experience to be a Jarvis Bulldog athlete.

Titcie

Helping students to fruther their education

Helping students to fruther their education

Make sure that you get your finacial aiid out the way first. Go to a school that offers your major. Dont let issues at home stop you from pursuing your dreams. Last be not least always stay true to yourself and dont ever change for no one unless you're changing for good.

How disorganized the school was. How prevented the professors are.

Autumn

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

I would tell my high school slef that you should've took more initiative and found more schools to look at besides the ones the school provided information for.

The most frustrating thing is that when you try to get information to do something for certain things there isn't enough information available.

Demetrius

Well I am a college athlete and I was also a high school athlete. One thing I would advise myself is that I absolutely have to focus on my grades before anything else. I would tell myself to work hard as far as school work because things are only going to get harder if you don't. Another reason grades are so important is that you can receive scholarship money for you GPA. Any college student knows that scholarships are everything. Nobody wants to pay a whole bunch of loans back so whenever you are able to receive a scholarship you hop on it. That's another thing I would have told myself when it comes to scholarships. Apply for as many as you can because you will always need them. I wish I could have told myself to get on that my whole senior year just in case my grades weren't all the way there. Even being an athlete you can't just depend on that because not all schools give student athletes scholarship money.

One thing I like about my school is how they support the fraternities and sororoties. That's a serious case at this school. The main thing about the fraternities and sororoties is that they pretty much set standards for all the other students. They maintain good grades and show love for one another which is something everybody should do more of. They are something that a lot of people want to be apart of which is actually positive.

Tijah

I would tell my high school self, never give up. College isn't all of what you think. You have continue to work hard. You're independent, so you have to know how to support and provide for yourself. Don't think everything and anything will be handed to you. You have to work for what you want. Make sure that you start applying and getting ready for college early; don't wait til the last minute. Apply for as many scholarships aas possible. Most of all you are your own problem and you must be your own solution. It doesn't get easy after high school.

The best thing I consider about my school is the fact that you feel like family. Many adults welcome you in with open arms and are very helpful when it comes to personal and school problems. This is a big support system.

The most frustrating thing about school to me is paying of tuition. I've been struggling with financial issues since school has started. My school is very helpful in trying to help with my school balance. I'm in my second sememster of freshman year and i still have a balance, in which I'm trying to pay off by the end of the year.

taylor

I would advice myself to develop more efficient student habits, to stay focused on the ciriculums we used throughout the many years of school edcation. Take education seriously, and become more organized in the routines and completions of my coursework. Make short term sacrafices for long term success make adult like decsions. Prep for the real world workplace and life.

How big the campus was, and how unorganized the faculty and staff why the tuition and fees where so high and no proof of where the money was going.

Jarvis Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.