Hawkins, TX
Jarvis Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jarvis Christian College

Leslie

Jarvis Christian College provides an opportunity for a higher education within a Christian enviornment, which is comforting to those that thirve best in that type of arena.

I was lucky enough to go to school with a group of amazing people, most of whom are bright intelligent community leaders and quite successful in the their careers.

Four years of your life is a short period of time to focus and do your best when you consider that it will affect the rest of your life. It is imperative that when you graduate that you have given 110%. In the long run, the return on your investment will quadruple and it will set the stage for all things to come. And lastly, when you make day to day decisions, remember to be uplifting and positive in social as well as academic situations. You will find that if you hold yourself in high esteem, your friends will follow.

Katie

The advice I would give myself if I could go back to my senior year in high school, would be a better note taker. I did not realize that note taking would be such a big contributor to understanding the class. I know how to take notes from the book, but listening to a teacher lecture and taking notes in the meantime is something that I wish I worked on.

Eric

Dear Eric, I am you in 2011. You got a lot going on in your life right now, huh? I want you to know that I love you. You'll get through all of this, I know its a lot. Take your time, there is no rush to find all the answers. Find a good therapist to help with all the family stuff right now. Take some time to travel the world before going to college, go to Bali, Kauai, and Europe for a couple of years if you can. Wait to have kids until your at least 35. You're parents can't help you with tuition costs so apply for as many scholarships as you can so you can go to the U of A like you want, then check out CIIS for their Integral Counseling graduate program. I know Danielle crushed your heart. It will take a while but you will meet other women that love you deeply and that you love too. When you go to college, take the courses that really inspire you, with the teachers that really get you. You learn best in those environments. Learn speedreading too, it really comes in handy.

Penisher

My classmates are friendly, helpful, and hard workers. Even though we come from different back grounds we all want the samething out of life and thats to better ourselves as young men and women.

One thing that is unique about my school is that everybody from the President to the faculty and staff wants to see each and every student succeed in life.

Before I went off to college I told myself then not to get caught up in any drama. I wasn't about drama in high school but I knew that in college it would be a whole different environment. So if I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself the exact thing again. I would also tell myself that when times get rough with school work just keep on pushing and the award will come in the long run.

Nancy

I learned a lot from college the most important thing I learned was independence. I learned that I was a very independent women, who was going through marriage problems with a one year old I needed to support. After being in college for a few months I knew I was on the right track. I learned that I need to push myself to be better for myself and my son. He was going to look up to me in the future and I didn't want to let him down. It has been valuable to attened because now I don't have to depend on anyone, and I know that when I graduate that I'm going to have a very successful career ahead of me. I'm very glad that I decided to attend. It has taught me knowledge, friendship and most importantly who I am. I wouldn't take it back for anything and I'm glad that I decided to go to college and taking to road less traveled for teen moms. I believe that I'm going to go far in life and nothing will stop me or be in my way. I will make it.

april

Jarvis is small their not much to do in the hawkins area you have to drive miles to get to the store, mall ect.

My college experience has been a great experience for me. I am very greatful to be able to attend college and receive an education. I have also met great people, friendship that will last forever. The teachers that I have , was able to help me understand what it takes to be all you can be in their class, as well as giving one on one help if needed. I learned how to get involved more with people that are different from me, I began learning how to do research in writting skills. I am still learning knew things that will help me become a better student for as learning how to become a better writer and more.

A student that like a small school setting, as well as a full coverage to attend this college because the cost is high. Jarvis is a private it school, that meaning you cant get loans from the bank to help pay for college.

Levietta

I have wonderful and very srtudious classmates.

I have wonderful and very srtudious classmates.

The one thing that I would tell myself would be that I need to be more open-minded. The reason I would say this is because in high school I played varsity sports and was very popular and knew everybody but when I went to college I had to start all over again and make new friends and I think the transition would have been smoother if I was more open to who I talked toand what clubs I showed interest in.

I think someone who would be succesful at this school would be someone who wasn't as succesful in high school, but wants to be successful in college becacuse the professors are really helpful and student-oriented

nicole

Jarvis Christian College is best known for having a Disciples of Christ church on campus.

The best advice i can give to parents and students who are trying to find the right college to attend, is to tour the top five schools of your choice before making a decision. A decision like this is very important to your future; it depicts where you may be 10- 15 years from now. Take into consideration many factors, such as the population, the area and its surroundings, the different degrees and divisions that they offer,cost and etc. Also if the school of your choice is a little more expensive than what you could affford ,still chose that school because it will only make your college experience ten times better.

The best thing about my school is the teacher and student interactions. The teachers really show love and concern for the students.

Kendra

Jarvis Christian College is best known for its parties and things that revolve around the such:greek life, heavy sexual activity and abuse (resulting in high pregnancy rate and aides -58 out of 600 students tested HIV positive within the last academic school year.)It is known to alumni and the surrounding Christian and non-Christian community and educational society as a mockery of its own established institutional beliefs and regulations because of it. Also for leniency in response to crime and riot. Is known for "ghetto" and, ironically, non-educated atmosphere. Most buildings are at least 50 years old.

One important key is visitation. A college can market itself a different way in the brochure or website that may not properly reflect its true environment, whether intentional or not. It's always good to get a "feel" for where you'll be at for a year. I cannot stress this enough. Secondly, stay ahead. When planning for college, make sure that at the beginning of your senior year you map out all deadlines you'll need. Buy a planner to visualize these dates. This avoids surprises and regret in the end. But it doesn't stop there! Continue on even while in college...here's why. As life takes its twists and turns, the college student, is not exempt.Unexpected things may happen. It is important to always have at least two extra options to whatever you plan to do, as "back-up'. Maybe you suddenly have to transfer due to insufficient funds, or a death in the family occurs, requiring you to educate yourself locally-whatever it may be, it's good to be ready. Lastly, pace yourself. Establish a good GPA and don't over-commit to extra-curricular activities. Remember, school first, then outtings.

The most irritating thing about Jarvis Christian College is its lack of urgency: in education and the class room, in security, in planning and record keeping, and in the overall careless attitudenof students and teachers as well. Students dont actively participating in class. Course work is almost junior high level, with homework being xeroxed handouts that are definition matches and nearly all finals are multiple choice tests. NO BUILDINGS HAVE ALARMS AND THE CAMPUS IS NOT WELL LIGHTED. Faculty often looses important documents and money.Teachers dont believe in students. HIGH CRIME RATE.

ARZELIA

Make sure you do finacial aid and scholarships to make it easier to pay for schooling. Find out if its a party school or not because most party school are harder to focus, and pick a environment that you would be more comfortable staying.

The best thing a bout my school is that its not to big which makes it easier to learn. Another thing about my school that i like is that everybody knows each other and are friendly. Also i am a manager for the womens basketball team and i like being that because i get to travel with the team and that actually takes the stress away.

I wished that i had known that we are in the middle of no where. But that is a good thing because you can focus more.

Jarvis Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.