Jefferson Community and Technical College Top Questions

Jo'Nel

I think the main thing that I could have prepared myself for better, is the expectations. The educators in college have much higher standards. Some are more willing to compromise than others, but it's never to the point where you can slack off. I think the reason they are so aggressive is because they know that high school was kind of a light precursor to the challenges that college brings. College is on a whole other level from high school in every way. There is a lot more freedom, but with that freedom comes responsibility.

I wish I had known that the Professers were helpful and that if you need help their willing to give it.

Alexis

Something I wish I had known before attending my school is that the hours put into study time are very long. If I knew this I could have prepared myself with the extreme work load and have better management of my time. My classes are in the evening and seem to take up most of my day, when I need to balance my work schedule as well. Juggling work, school and study time while trying to maintain my personal life is stressful. I would like to find a way to organize everything, which I feel I'm doing better at.