Jefferson Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jefferson Community College

I enjoy the classes and the atmosphere most about the school. It's a school that is close to home and gives me the opportunity to go to school while my husband is in the military. I love the availability of the professors before and after class time means a lot.

Steven

Jefferson Community College is a great place to start one's education career after high school. As far as affordability goes, it is one of the most affordable places to go to school, and the new facilities provide numerous opportunities and resources for research and coursework. The faculty are always willing to help and provide great support for students.

Nelson

This is a very good place for students who don't want to go into debt or just want a fresh start from high school. This school also offers many classes for veterans. You can have these classes on the actual campus or on the base (Fort Drum).

Jefferson Community College is a very small, diverse and friendly community. The staff is very welcoming and eager to help their students. The campus has recently undergone construction, therefore the facilities are up to date, well kept and liked by the students. The new residence hall is spacious, and a popular hang out spot for both students who live on and off campus. All suites offer adequate room and privacy for all residents. The campus also offers a variety of clubs and extracurricular activities, there is without a doubt something for everyone. And if there is not a club that a group students wishes to have, there is a quick and easy process to go through to develop this club. Finally, there are various student worker jobs that the campus offers. There are student worker positions available in almost every department on campus.

Grace

Jefferson college is a good school, it is small so your choice on teachers is small. They have tons of free classes anyone can take. There is always some type of activity going on either outside or inside. Sports are not big, but they do have a good team. Joining clubs is very easy, they are very welcoming to all newcomers. This school is a good transition from high school to a four-year college. Since it is small you have more personal classes and a more personal relationship with your teacher.

Kayleigh

The science classes and their instructors are great. They know their field well and can answer any questions. The food court is a little pricey, but it is buffet styled. If a small campus is something anyone is looking for, then JCC might be an option. Anyone can get to the other side in less than 10 minutes, and there are paved pathways that can get to all the buildings. It is a nice, small community in the countryside of northern New York.

I plan on going to Jefferson to play softball and fell in love with the campus the moment I got there. The campus is breathtakingly beautiful and has a variety of unique opportunities. They have put in a new library into the campus and have put in many new trees, bushes and flowers to improve the beauty. I cannot wait to attend their next fall.

Lyndsey

The teachers are amazing and almost always available when needed. If a teacher is off campus or in a meeting, options to go to another teacher in the same area, another student, or tutors are available to help. There are plenty of lounges and quite study areas to hang out in in-between classes. There is quite a lot of opportunity for entertainment, food, or employment within a short distance of campus. The cost of a community college is low and the people are friendly.

Morgan

Before I took my gap year, I dreaded going to the local community college, yet when I moved back home I realized it was too good an opportunity to pass up. The staff will try everything to help you, there are clubs and events, and you can meet people easily. Yes, it's not the grandest college experience as some may want, but it saves you money and eases you into being more independent (and more school work than highschool). The campus is off the road and into a forest area, so you do get to have a campus feel, and it's not too small or big to be unsafe or lost. Seeing my friends struggle through their first semesters at their big four years, I've realized I rather save some money and get my two years over at home then move out to a bigger college. Most of them come home anyways. At the end of the day, I wish to tell a new high school senior is that whatever college you go to doesn't mean your best college experience is guaranteed. You have to make that experience, so go to your community college then go wherever you wish. I'm happy I did, for reference I was top of my class heading to Standford when I became burnt out decide to take a gap year and then went to Jefferson.

Sydnie

Jefferson Community College is an excellent school with a plethora of extracurricular activities, services, and classes to choose from, all at an affordable cost. The professors are eager to help students both in and outside the classroom and consistently seek student reviews to improve their courses. All the staff is devoted to ensuring student safety, education, and enjoyment on campus. Jefferson has enabled me to pursue my career goals in a friendly, academically-invested environment while staying close to home!

Riley

The college let me take courses for college credit during high school and we’re very helpful in working with me to drop a class when our high school guidance counselor quit during my senior year. I plan to go there this upcoming year for Computer science and my brother goes there and does really well.

Isaiah

Great school. The professors really care about you and try their best to help you with things you struggle with. Campus housing is very good. Newly done and everything is clean and in order. The staff and students are very friendly. Not to brag but we have one of the best nursing programs in the state as well.